Default Gotta admit ...

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"hk" wrote in message

BTW, I was a teamster two college summers. Made about $12.50 an hour
driving a fork lift truck inside a factory in Milford, CT. This was
around 1960-61. Year earlier, I made a bit less loading beer into trucks.

My first summer job after high school and before starting college was
working for Bekins Moving and Storage,
vans. $1.95 per hour. (1967)

I would have fallen over at $12.50 an hour, but ..... then again .... you
were *skilled* labor.

Eisboch

1961 went to work for Western Electric. CWA union. Making $65 a week in
the warehouse. Until 253 people ahead of me left, I was restricted to a
$0.05 an hour raise. They went on strike for weeks before I arrived on the
job and settled for what the company offered without a strike. But they
collected about $5 a week to be in the union.

Earl of Warwich, Duke of Cornwall, Marquies of Anglesea, Sir Reginald P.
Smithers III Esq. LLC, STP. wrote:
JimH wrote:
On Sep 1, 12:20 am, "Earl of Warwich, Duke of Cornwall, Marquies of
Anglesea, Sir Reginald P. Smithers III Esq. LLC, STP. "
wrote:
JimH wrote:
On Sun, 31 Aug 2008 23:39:38 -0400, "Earl of Warwich, Duke of
Cornwall, Marquies of Anglesea, Sir Reginald P. Smithers III Esq. LLC,
STP. " wrote:
JimH wrote:
On Sun, 31 Aug 2008 22:31:29 -0400, "Earl of Warwich, Duke of
Cornwall, Marquies of Anglesea, Sir Reginald P. Smithers III Esq.
LLC,
STP. " wrote:
On Sun, 31 Aug 2008 21:00:17 -0400, "Earl of Warwich, Duke of
STP. " wrote:
Don White wrote:
"Earl of Warwich, Duke of Cornwall, Marquies of Anglesea, Sir
Reginald P.
Smithers III Esq. LLC, STP. " wrote in
message
. ..
Don White wrote:
"Earl of Warwich, Duke of Cornwall, Marquies of Anglesea,
Sir Reginald P.
Smithers III Esq. LLC, STP. " wrote
in message
Wayne.B wrote:
On Sun, 31 Aug 2008 16:26:11 -0400, hk
wrote:
You have to realize that W'hine and Reggie aren't regular
guys, and
have no connection to working men or women.
I can't speak for Reggie but in my case you have *no* idea
what you
are talking about.
Harry has a long history of making 1000's of posts on
subjects he has NO
idea what he is talking about. Why should this be any
different?
I think he's pegged you pretty good over the years.
Come on out from hidding and we'll judge for ourselves.
Don, what do you want to know?
Your real name would be a good start and the line of work you
did to build
your fortune..
I never said I had a fortune, and I will share my real name as
soon as
you and Harry provide me with your phone numbers and address.
I will be happy to share my information with you provided you do
not
make it public over the internet.
I would love to share a person to person conversation with you.
You, in turn, will have to do the same.
This will all be share via email through a 3rd party, such as
Gene or
Tom.
Game on?
EVERYONE in there already knows your name, address and phone number
And?
So why not let us know your name, address and phone number?
BTW: Will you give me a call tomorrow morning?
Why would i want to?
'nuff said.
I am not sure what "nuff said" means, if you are saying your name,
address and phone number is not know by people in rec.boats, would you
like me to post it in rec.boats? Since you can't understand why no one
would want to post their name, address and phone number in a public
forum, I am sure you won't mind if I post yours.

I remember when Harry just discussed that fact that he had looked up
your home on Google Earth (he thought it was a tacky little house), and
you went into a tizzy fit about him stalking and threatening you and
your wife. For that reason, I won't publish that info unless you say it
is ok.

I will be happy to share my information with you provided you do not
make it public over the internet.

I would love to share a person to person conversation with you.

You, in turn, will have to do the same.

This will all be share via email through a 3rd party, such as Gene or
Tom.

Game on?

I don't think you understand this, if I wanted to talk to you on the
phone, I would have called you. I have no desire to talk to you on the
phone.

By the way, if you believe people should give out their name, address
and telephone number to strangers, why don't you, DD and Harry publish
yours? Both you and Harry made numerous statements in rec.boats that
you contacted the local sheriff/police when someone mentioned they knew
your home address. Why? You accused Harry of stalking and threatening
you and your wife, even though you KNEW never threatened you or your
wife. You accused Chuck of posting your home address and telephone
number even though you KNEW he did not. In fact, when it was proven that
you intentionally lied about this, your only response was "I am sorry".

If you knew someone was emotional unstable would you give them your
name, address and telephone number? Anytime you want, just let me know
and I will post your in rec.boats.
HK HK is offline

CalifBill wrote:
"D.Duck" wrote in message
"hk" wrote in message

Eisboch
How many of the non-degreed fellows at that plant are making $37 an
hour in the envelope, plus pension and health benefits?
How many union guys are making $37 an hour in the envelope?

Construction workers? Lots. Not most, but lots.

My local has a call out for specialty welders for three to four years of
work at rates higher than that, plus the probability of significant OT.
The skills required for those jobs are way over my pay rate, but...I'm
glad to see the rate way up there.

Gosh...I'm amazed you even know what that term in the envelope means.

Believe it or not I was a Teamster at one time. I had to be a member for
my job during college selling/delivering 7-UP.

I still don't think there are as many union electricians and plumbers
making you would like everyone believe. But now you spin it to *specialty
welders*.

Welders are in huge demand. they are partnering up with 2 and 4 year
colleges to train ceertified welders. So therefore the welder, union or not
is going to get big pay checks. $500,000,000 at one of the local refineries
in upgrades. Lots require welding and they can not get welders..

This thread is a perfect example of how person x misreads what person y
posted and then goes off on a tangent.

I stated that lots, but not most, construction workers were pulling in
$37 an hour.

I'm told that there aren't as many electricians and plumbers making as
much as I "would like everyone to believe."

But I never made a statement implying that $37+ an hour was what most,
or even a majority of electricians and plumbers were earning. I said
"not most, but lots."

Then, I mentioned my local union specifically, where there is a "job"
upcoming that will provide years of work at even higher rates for a
certain category of specialty welders. Those were not the guys I was
referring to for the $37 an hour rate, and I stated that.

So I'm told I'm just spinning that.

Quack, quack, quack.

Reggie syndrome.

HK HK is offline

Wayne.B wrote:
[...]

Now that was funny. A call from Reggie...but only from a secured
untraceable phone deep inside the CIA.

wrote:

[...]

Harry,
Now I would find it very funny to talk to you. Please post your phone
number and I will give you a buzz.

"hk" wrote in message
. com...

This thread is a perfect example of how person x misreads what person y
posted and then goes off on a tangent.

So I'm told I'm just spinning that.

Quack, quack, quack.

Reggie syndrome.

No. This thread is a perfect example of you making a statement or
implication, being called on it, then weaving your way with words out of any
accountability.

You were the first one to mention $37 per hour in the envelope. Here's
your exact words:

"How many of the non-degreed fellows at that plant are making
$37 an hour
in the envelope, plus pension and health benefits?"

Any reasonable interpretation of those words would be that you were stating
a typical pay scale and benefits package for union workers.

But, when challenged, your story changes to the following:

"I stated that lots, but not most, construction workers were pulling in
$37 an hour."

and:

" But I never made a statement implying that $37+ an hour was what most,
or even a majority of electricians and plumbers were earning. I said
"not most, but lots.""

followed by:

" Then, I mentioned my local union specifically, where there is a "job"
upcoming that will provide years of work at even higher rates for a
certain category of specialty welders. Those were not the guys I was
referring to for the $37 an hour rate, and I stated that."

and you wonder why.

Eisboch

HK HK is offline

Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
. com...
[...]

Lots is not most, and I never stated or implied $37 an hour plus fringes
was typical. "Typical" is $25 to $30 plus fringes in the major markets,
or was the last time I bothered to look. The largest markets have higher
rates, typically.

You are the one, I believe, who brought up a specific work location,
your old company. I did not bring up a specific local or even locale.

Now, my local, is beginning to send out the word for certain
specifically trained welders for a great job that will take years to
complete at rates that will be substantially higher than $37 an hour. My
guess is that up to a couple hundred such welders will be needed at peak
times.

"Tim" wrote in message
On Aug 31, 10:39 pm, "Earl of Warwich, Duke of Cornwall, Marquies of
Anglesea, Sir Reginald P. Smithers III Esq. LLC, STP. "
wrote:

The best piece of **** is still nothing more than a piece of ****.

LOL!

makes sense to me.

I'll have to rememeber that.

Is that what is called an 'autobiography'?
If so Waylon Smithers did a great job.

HK HK is offline

wrote:

The best piece of **** is still nothing more than a piece of ****.

LOL!

makes sense to me.

I'll have to rememeber that.

Is that what is called an 'autobiography'?
If so Waylon Smithers did a great job.

You need the proper descriptor, Don.

It's "the coward who posts here as Smithers."

:)

But I agree. He is nothing more than piece of ****.

"hk" wrote in message
. ..
wrote:

The best piece of **** is still nothing more than a piece of ****.

LOL!

makes sense to me.

I'll have to rememeber that.

Is that what is called an 'autobiography'?
If so Waylon Smithers did a great job.

You need the proper descriptor, Don.

It's "the coward who posts here as Smithers."

:)

But I agree. He is nothing more than piece of ****.

I have to agree, he's becoming (is showing) a lot more nasty than his
cartoon look-a-like.
http://www.thesimpsons.com/bios/bios...e_smithers.htm