HK HK is offline

Default Gotta admit ...

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 21:00:47 -0700, "Mike" wrote:

Speaking of Primary babble.. How are those commercials you were
writing for the Daily Kos and the DNC..??

Oh please - neither one of them has any idea who Harry Krause is.

It's wonderful how the schittheads here (Mike, for one) make up these
wondrous tales and then the brain surgeons pick them up and ride them.
I rarely even read the Daily Kos, I haven't heard of Kos sponsoring any
political commercials, and I never said or implied I was doing
commercials for the DNC.

I certainly do not know anyone at Kos, at least not to my knowledge.

Smoke that, Brownie.

I hope you are a better charter captain than you are a discussion group
moderator, because, well, you really *sucked* at moderating. If East
Coast fishing totally dies out, you'd be the boy to blame, hey?

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
On Sat, 30 Aug 2008 16:34:36 -0400, hk wrote:

Smoke that, Brownie.

I hope you are a better charter captain than you are a discussion group
moderator, because, well, you really *sucked* at moderating. If East
Coast fishing totally dies out, you'd be the boy to blame, hey?

WAFA

He's awesome! Now he's turning the insult machine toward Tom...

Why he hangs hear when no one but two other people even tolerate him, is
beyond me....

Mike

Senior Member

On Aug 30, 6:36*pm, hk wrote:
Wayne.B wrote:
On Sat, 30 Aug 2008 16:34:36 -0400, hk wrote:

Smoke that, Brownie.

I hope you are a better charter captain than you are a discussion group
moderator, because, well, you really *sucked* at moderating. If East
Coast fishing totally dies out, you'd be the boy to blame, hey?

WAFA

Asshole.

No, no, no.. you are WAFA.. you are the only one here with asshole
right in your name.
HK HK is offline

wrote:
On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 21:00:47 -0700, "Mike" wrote:
Speaking of Primary babble.. How are those commercials you were
writing for the Daily Kos and the DNC..??

Oh please - neither one of them has any idea who Harry Krause is.

My point exactly...

Tom is upset with me because:

1. I don't kowtow to his "knowledge" of boats.

2. I think he overreaches tremendously in his praise of etec outboards.

3. I'm unimpressed by his right-wing politics.

4. I was even more unimpressed by his one-sided "moderating."

I'm also a bit weary of these old soldiers reliving their glory days in
uniform, which seems to be what many of them do here.

I get to maybe three or four of my local union's monthly meetings a
year. I'm an "inactive," so I don't participate in contract talk or
elections. I just go to the more "social" meetings to keep up with old
friends and new friends. About half the members were in the military at
one time or another, and some of the older farts, the guys my age, saw
service in Vietnam. None recall their "glory days" in uniform. They're
living in the present and planning for the future.

I wish this was a boating forum again, but I really doubt it ever will
be again. Instead, it reminds me of an country store with guys in
rocking chairs wishing they were young and still able to shoot...and I
mean shoot anything.

:)

I have to admit, though, that you are probably the funniest little
schitt in here. There's always one like you, it seems.

Senior Member

wrote:
[...]

Just because you seem to always talk about things you don't and will
never understand.. I don't recall any "glorious" stories by any of our
heros here.. But you just keep making it up as you go along..
HK HK is offline

wrote:
wrote:
[...]

I didn't say "glorious stories," d.f., I said "glory days."

Perhaps if you were literate, you might know the difference, eh?

Glory days: A phrase that captures a supposedly better time in the
past, or the point where somebody's life and/or popularity peaked.

Glorious: a word with many meanings, but I suspect you mean "wonderful,
magnificent, splendid."

Oh. Hero. Someone who does something heroic. You know, like a fireman
running into a burning building. Putting on a uniform does not make
someone a hero.

"hk" wrote in message
. ..

wrote:

[...]

Personal experiences in Vietnam (or combat during WWII, Korea, and the Gulf
War) are not often or commonly discussed by vets, even among vets. It's a
private thing.

Military service experiences of a general nature .... "sea tales" and
remembrances of good, humorous or exciting times are very often discussed
by and among vets.

As we grow older, many of the good experiences become fond memories, never
to be repeated. It would be unusual for a bunch of vets to never discuss
their youthful military days.

I don't expect those that never served in the military to understand that.
It's an experience many missed and also for many it's unfortunate.

Eisboch