Default Gotta admit ...

hk wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
Excellent, well delivered speech.

Much more reminiscent of FDR (from what I've read) than JFK or
others he has been compared to.

A lot of promises, a lot of lectures and social commentary. Question
is .... can he deliver?

Eisboch

It was...delicious.

Will he deliver? With a working Democratic majority in Congress and a
mandate from the people, he will succeed. Not on everything, but on many
things.

The measure of a leader is to get those who may not agree with you to
follow you. Stacking the deck with a house full of yes men does not make
you a leader.

"John McCain likes to say that he'll follow bin Laden to the Gates of
Hell - but he won't even go to the cave where he lives."

Bin Laden is in Pakistan.

hk wrote:
TJ wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
Excellent, well delivered speech.

Much more reminiscent of FDR (from what I've read) than JFK or
others he has been compared to.

A lot of promises, a lot of lectures and social commentary. Question
is .... can he deliver?

Eisboch

I didn't listen to it. I don't intend to listen to McCain's speech
next week, either. I know what to expect - speeches long on promises,
short on details of how they are to be fulfilled. Mostly meaningless.

What I want to see are some true debates. Something where each
candidate has something thrown at him that he doesn't expect. I want
to see how each handles himself when that happens. But I probably
won't see that. The "debates" they have these days are so regulated as
to content that the candidates never see anything unexpected. More's
the pity, because the President must show the ability to be
quick-thinking and decisive in a crisis. I'm not sure I see that in
either of these gentlemen.

TJ

In the absence of missiles heading our way, I'd prefer a president who
thinks a bit before doing something, the exact opposite of what we have
now.

Notice I said "quick-thinking." That means I want him to ALWAYS think
before he acts - even when missiles are heading our way. However, I
don't want him thinking so much that he takes too long to act, either.

And no matter WHO gets elected, we won't have who we have now. No
candidate is a clone of a previous president, despite what campaigners
might say.

TJ

On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 08:53:35 -0400, TJ wrote:

Eisboch wrote:
[...]

Obama seems to be good at sidestepping the debates. If and when it happens,
it should be interesting. No teleprompter for Obama. Totally different ball
game. I keep wanting someone to ask, "How?" to all his promises.
Senior Member

On Aug 29, 11:26*am, hk wrote:
wrote:
On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 09:04:33 -0400, hk wrote:

In the absence of missiles heading our way, I'd prefer a president who
thinks a bit before doing something, the exact opposite of what we have
now.

According to Hillary, we are ****ed if they attack at 3AM and Barack
is president.

Primary babble.

Speaking of Primary babble.. How are those commercials you were
writing for the Daily Kos and the DNC..??

Senior Member

On Aug 29, 11:43*am, hk wrote:
wrote:
On Aug 29, 11:26 am, hk wrote:
wrote:
On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 09:04:33 -0400, hk wrote:
In the absence of missiles heading our way, I'd prefer a president who
thinks a bit before doing something, the exact opposite of what we have
now.
According to Hillary, we are ****ed if they attack at 3AM and Barack
is president.
Primary babble.

Speaking of Primary babble.. How are those commercials you were
writing for the Daily Kos and the DNC..??

Are you drunk or on drugs?

Oh, it was just another Harrytale huh? We figured as much...

Speaking of Primary babble.. How are those commercials you were
writing for the Daily Kos and the DNC..??

Ya know what Scotty? harry is desperate, more so than he's ever been. I'm
actually enjoying his liberal BS spewings, and watching him squirm. The
repubs made a good choice, and all but assures them the win in November...
harry's head is about to explode. AAMOF, it's now exploding all over this
newsgroup. This is hillarious.

Just leave him alone, and watch him self destruct. I'm a Democrat... and I'm
voting for McCain, and I approved of this message. ;-)

--Mike

On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 21:00:47 -0700, "Mike" wrote:

Speaking of Primary babble.. How are those commercials you were
writing for the Daily Kos and the DNC..??

Oh please - neither one of them has any idea who Harry Krause is.