Senior Member

Default Gotta admit ...

On Aug 30, 7:16*pm, hk wrote:
wrote:
On Aug 30, 6:45 pm, hk wrote:
wrote:
On Aug 30, 4:25 pm, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:
On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 21:00:47 -0700, "Mike" wrote:
Speaking of Primary babble.. How are those commercials you were
writing for the Daily Kos and the DNC..??
Oh please - neither one of them has any idea who Harry Krause is.
My point exactly...
Tom is upset with me because:

1. I don't kowtow to his "knowledge" of boats.

2. I think he overreaches tremendously in his praise of etec outboards..

3. I'm unimpressed by his right-wing politics.

4. I was even more unimpressed by his one-sided "moderating."

I'm also a bit weary of these old soldiers reliving their glory days in
uniform, which seems to be what many of them do here.

I get to maybe three or four of my local union's monthly meetings a
year. I'm an "inactive," so I don't participate in contract talk or
elections. I just go to the more "social" meetings to keep up with old
friends and new friends. About half the members were in the military at
one time or another, and some of the older farts, the guys my age, saw
service in Vietnam. None recall their "glory days" in uniform. They're
living in the present and planning for the future.

I wish this was a boating forum again, but I really doubt it ever will
be again. Instead, it reminds me of an country store with guys in
rocking chairs wishing they were young and still able to shoot...and I
mean shoot anything.

:)

I have to admit, though, that you are probably the funniest little
schitt in here. There's always one like you, it seems.

Just because you seem to always talk about things you don't and will
never understand.. I don't recall any "glorious" stories by any of our
heros here.. But you just keep making it up as you go along..

I didn't say "glorious stories," d.f., I said "glory days."

Perhaps if you were literate, you might know the difference, eh?

Glory days: *A phrase that captures a supposedly better time in the
past, or the point where somebody's life and/or popularity peaked.

Glorious: *a word with many meanings, but I suspect you mean "wonderful,
magnificent, splendid."

Oh. Hero. Someone who does something heroic. You know, like a fireman
running into a burning building. Putting on a uniform does not make
someone a hero.- Hide quoted text -

You are plain full of ****... wafa..
Senior Member

On Aug 30, 7:37*pm, "Eisboch" wrote:
"hk" wrote in message

. ..

wrote:

[...]

Personal experiences in Vietnam (or combat during WWII, Korea, and the Gulf
War) *are not often or commonly discussed by vets, even among vets. *It's a
private thing.

Military service experiences of a general nature .... "sea tales" and
remembrances of good, *humorous or exciting times are very often discussed
by and among vets.

As we grow older, many of the good experiences become fond memories, never
to be repeated. * It would be unusual for a bunch of vets to never discuss
their youthful military days.

Only in Harrytales... His friends and union mates are so perfect, for
dumb **** thugs...

I don't expect those that never served in the military to understand that..
It's an experience many missed and also for many it's unfortunate.

Eisboch- Hide quoted text -

Tim Tim is offline

On Aug 30, 6:37*pm, "Eisboch" wrote:
"hk" wrote in message

. ..

wrote:

[...]

My dad always talked about the good times he had in the Army, but
never mentioned he was awarded the Bronze Star, nor did he ever
mention anything that would alude to his actions. I never knew of his
medal until after his passing last year.

"Tim" wrote in message

My dad always talked about the good times he had in the Army, but
never mentioned he was awarded the Bronze Star, nor did he ever
mention anything that would alude to his actions. I never knew of his
medal until after his passing last year.

------------------------------

Your Dad was an active member of the Greatest Generation.

Eisboch

HK HK is offline

Tim wrote:
On Aug 30, 6:37 pm, "Eisboch" wrote:
"hk" wrote in message

. ..

wrote:
[...]

Yeah, I remember the good times I had in boy scout camp, but I never
mentioned the merit badges whose requirements I completed there, nor did
I ever allude to what I did in camp.

No offense, but none of the ex-military guys in my local union, and
there are a lot of them, ever mention their time in the service. They
don't talk much about their first wives, if they have them, either.

Rec.boats is full of guys who apparently think their days in the service
were the best days of their lives.
Tim Tim is offline

On Aug 30, 9:01*pm, hk wrote:
Tim wrote:
On Aug 30, 6:37 pm, "Eisboch" wrote:
"hk" wrote in message

m...

wrote:
[...]

were the best days of their lives.- Hide quoted text -

Hary, to some they were. Theres an extreme comradery that is or can be
built, that most civies in the world just can't understand.

"hk" wrote in message
. ..

No offense, but none of the ex-military guys in my local union, and there
are a lot of them, ever mention their time in the service.

No offense, but I find that almost impossible to believe.

Maybe they don't talk about it with you ...... because they know you.

Eisboch