Default Gotta admit ...

On Sun, 31 Aug 2008 15:33:47 -0400, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Sun, 31 Aug 2008 13:43:22 -0500, Vic Smith
wrote:

The good jobs for American kids are in hi-tech, not running a screw
gun on an assembly line. That requires education and training of
course.

Bull****.

What part do you disagree with and why ?

Pretty much what I said to Reggie.
I have a totally different philosophy than you and him on physical
labor and need to keep production of goods here.
I also have seen my last company take the position on our high-tech
(bleeding edge IT) jobs going automatically to an Indian vendor.
A returning Iraq vet's resume would automatically go in the round
file.
We can't sustain our strength without good jobs here.
We're going downhill.
When I was blue collar many of the guys were sending their kids to
college because they could afford to. That's going downhill.
Just different philosophies.
If people here get deeper in debt, and can't find decent jobs,
you're talking social unrest.
Why not prevent that from happening?
Anyway, I value *every* job, and respect it.
It's all complicated and any argument can be countered, so I
don't want to get more into it.
Let the winds be our guide.
I have faith in the responsiveness of our political system.
Slow, but they usually get it right in the end.

--Vic

"Vic Smith" wrote in message
On Sun, 31 Aug 2008 15:07:43 -0400, "Earl of Warwich, Duke of
Cornwall, Marquies of Anglesea, Sir Reginald P. Smithers III Esq. LLC,
STP. " wrote:

Vic Smith wrote:
On Sun, 31 Aug 2008 14:39:50 -0400, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Sun, 31 Aug 2008 12:47:09 -0500, Vic Smith
wrote:

Hope all these guys get pinned down in the debates.
I'll go for who I think will create the most good jobs for American
kids. That's what makes us strong.
The good jobs for American kids are in hi-tech, not running a screw
gun on an assembly line. That requires education and training of
course.

Bull****.

--Vic

Unless you can find a way to increase productivity and quality enough to
offset the lower wages in 3rd world countries, what Wayne said is
correct. Now the odds are the way to increase productivity and quality
in mfg'ing plants is by using automation and the best jobs in those
plants will require education and training to maintain the high tech
equipment. The odds of a decent salary with a high school education is
very low.

I never mentioned H.S., nor did Wayne.
More bull****. Yuppie Dream World.
India and China can provide all the high-tech brains needed.
I ran Indian high-tech crews for an American Fortune 50 corp.
Don't need no lousy Americans for that if the company decides so.
You guys got your heads in the sand.
Wall Street globalist yuppie bull****. Reminds me of the commies.
Your kids might be next.
And while you're at, tell all the guys "running a screw gun" making
Hondas, Toyotas, Nissans, etc. in Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee, et al,
they don't have decent jobs.
Tell Gene his shop guys don't have decent jobs.
Tell Eisboch his shop guys don't have decent jobs.
Ask them if the gov should do their best to keep those jobs here.
Tell my son the truck suspension guy he doesn't have a decent job.
Go right ahead.

--Vic

Vic..that slimy ass, Waylon Smithers, is doing his usual crap. Only
difference, it's aimed at someone new.
We both know that millions of Americans and Canadians would love to have
$50K manufacturing jobs with half decent benefits and something of a stable
future.
Sure would like to know who this sneaky ******* really is.

HK HK is offline

wrote:

[...]

You have to realize that W'hine and Reggie aren't regular guys, and have
no connection to working men or women.

On Sun, 31 Aug 2008 17:25:40 -0300, "Don White"
wrote:

We both know that millions of Americans and Canadians would love to have
$50K manufacturing jobs with half decent benefits and something of a stable
future.

I hear what you're saying, Don, but...I really don't care about the
Canadian economy. I avoid Canadian built GM vehicles.
You guys should stick to providing fish and running lodges up there.

--Vic

HK HK is offline

wrote:

We both know that millions of Americans and Canadians would love to have
$50K manufacturing jobs with half decent benefits and something of a stable
future.

I hear what you're saying, Don, but...I really don't care about the
Canadian economy. I avoid Canadian built GM vehicles.
You guys should stick to providing fish and running lodges up there.

--Vic

Geez, Vic, we and the Canadians are kind of in this mess together, eh?
HK HK is offline

wrote:

We both know that millions of Americans and Canadians would love to have
$50K manufacturing jobs with half decent benefits and something of a stable
future.

I hear what you're saying, Don, but...I really don't care about the
Canadian economy. I avoid Canadian built GM vehicles.
You guys should stick to providing fish and running lodges up there.

--Vic

BTW, the best jobs in the future for many non-college grads will be in
the skilled building trades, especially plumbing and electrical work.
In those trades, starting pay rates can exceed $75,000 upon satisfactory
completion of a certified apprenticeship program.

wrote:

We both know that millions of Americans and Canadians would love to have
$50K manufacturing jobs with half decent benefits and something of a stable
future.

I hear what you're saying, Don, but...I really don't care about the
Canadian economy. I avoid Canadian built GM vehicles.
You guys should stick to providing fish and running lodges up there.

--Vic

Geez, Vic, we and the Canadians are kind of in this mess together, eh?

Sorry, I'm an American-firster. But...besides the fish, the Canucks
can send more Shania Twains and Celine Dions down here.
Hope I'm not repeating myself there.

--Vic

"hk" wrote in message
. ..
wrote:

We both know that millions of Americans and Canadians would love to have
$50K manufacturing jobs with half decent benefits and something of a
stable future.

I hear what you're saying, Don, but...I really don't care about the
Canadian economy. I avoid Canadian built GM vehicles.
You guys should stick to providing fish and running lodges up there.

--Vic

BTW, the best jobs in the future for many non-college grads will be in the
skilled building trades, especially plumbing and electrical work.
In those trades, starting pay rates can exceed $75,000 upon satisfactory
completion of a certified apprenticeship program.

What percentage of *certified* electricians make that salary? What area of
the country?

HK HK is offline

D.Duck wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
. ..
wrote:

We both know that millions of Americans and Canadians would love to have
$50K manufacturing jobs with half decent benefits and something of a
stable future.
I hear what you're saying, Don, but...I really don't care about the
Canadian economy. I avoid Canadian built GM vehicles.
You guys should stick to providing fish and running lodges up there.

--Vic

BTW, the best jobs in the future for many non-college grads will be in the
skilled building trades, especially plumbing and electrical work.
In those trades, starting pay rates can exceed $75,000 upon satisfactory
completion of a certified apprenticeship program.

What percentage of *certified* electricians make that salary? What area of
the country?

Looking for work?