HK HK is offline

Default Gotta admit ...

CalifBill wrote:
"D.Duck" wrote in message
"hk" wrote in message

Eisboch
How many of the non-degreed fellows at that plant are making $37 an
hour in the envelope, plus pension and health benefits?
How many union guys are making $37 an hour in the envelope?

Construction workers? Lots. Not most, but lots.

My local has a call out for specialty welders for three to four years of
work at rates higher than that, plus the probability of significant OT.
The skills required for those jobs are way over my pay rate, but...I'm
glad to see the rate way up there.

Gosh...I'm amazed you even know what that term in the envelope means.

Believe it or not I was a Teamster at one time. I had to be a member for
my job during college selling/delivering 7-UP.

I still don't think there are as many union electricians and plumbers
making you would like everyone believe. But now you spin it to *specialty
welders*.

Welders are in huge demand. they are partnering up with 2 and 4 year
colleges to train ceertified welders. So therefore the welder, union or not
is going to get big pay checks. $500,000,000 at one of the local refineries
in upgrades. Lots require welding and they can not get welders..

This thread is a perfect example of how person x misreads what person y
posted and then goes off on a tangent.

I stated that lots, but not most, construction workers were pulling in
$37 an hour.

I'm told that there aren't as many electricians and plumbers making as
much as I "would like everyone to believe."

But I never made a statement implying that $37+ an hour was what most,
or even a majority of electricians and plumbers were earning. I said
"not most, but lots."

Then, I mentioned my local union specifically, where there is a "job"
upcoming that will provide years of work at even higher rates for a
certain category of specialty welders. Those were not the guys I was
referring to for the $37 an hour rate, and I stated that.

So I'm told I'm just spinning that.

Quack, quack, quack.

Reggie syndrome.