CalifBill CalifBill is offline

Default Gotta admit ...

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"hk" wrote in message

BTW, I was a teamster two college summers. Made about $12.50 an hour
driving a fork lift truck inside a factory in Milford, CT. This was
around 1960-61. Year earlier, I made a bit less loading beer into trucks.

My first summer job after high school and before starting college was
working for Bekins Moving and Storage,
vans. $1.95 per hour. (1967)

I would have fallen over at $12.50 an hour, but ..... then again .... you
were *skilled* labor.

Eisboch

1961 went to work for Western Electric. CWA union. Making $65 a week in
the warehouse. Until 253 people ahead of me left, I was restricted to a
$0.05 an hour raise. They went on strike for weeks before I arrived on the
job and settled for what the company offered without a strike. But they
collected about $5 a week to be in the union.