John H.

Default How 'bout it Krause?

On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 13:59:17 -0500, Harry Krause wrote:

John H. wrote:
On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 10:03:34 -0500, Harry Krause wrote:

Wm Shakespeare Smithers wrote:
JohnH,

There are 12 step groups for just about everything. I looked in Google for
a 12 step group for NPD and found there are support groups for the victims
of NPD, but those with the illness rarely seek help. One of the problems
mentioned is those with NPD would always try to take advantage the other
members of the group.

More amateur hour? If you fell seriously ill with multiple symptoms and
had no idea what was causing them, would you seek professional help or
would you start playing guessing games with the data on internet sites?

Sometimes a 12-step program will provide the support an addict needs,
but that addict also will need therapy and other assistance. 12-stepping
is no substitute for therapy.

You've much to learn 12-step programs.

The question was whether or not a 12-step program helped disorders *other* than addictions. Although
not specifically addressed, the question of NPD was answered by Reggie. Do you have other
information?
--
John Herring

I would agree that 12-step programs help *some* sufferers of various
addictions with support. The "addiction" 12-step programs are support
groups.

That's better.
--
John Herring

Hope your Christmas is Spectacular!
....and your New Year even Better!
John H.

Default How 'bout it pig pilers

On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 14:07:28 -0500, "Wm Shakespeare Smithers" The WordSmith wrote:

JohnH,

I was curious about Harry's real life persona. I have an image in my head
and I was wondering if it was accurate, but it still is not a big deal.

My guess is Harry wanted to know my name, and once he had that info he would
not have meet for lunch. In the past, he has always found an excuse not to
meet up with someone.

There is a reason why Harry wants to know my personal info, and I guess it
is not to send me a Christmas Card. It is best to keep your personal info
off of the internet. One could really open up a can of worms for someone
with very little effort, and when you see how some people take rec.boats way
to seriously, you can understand why. As little as I know about the
internet, if I wanted to, I could easily cause Harry problems outside of
rec.boats.

When someone says he is creating a dossier about me, it does send up red
flags. I would assume someone who considered himself a computer wiz could
cause some serious problems.

I think I will remain, Smithers.

I believe Harry has a data base going in which he stores every bit of personal information he can
glean from his readings on the group.
--
John Herring

Hope your Christmas is Spectacular!
....and your New Year even Better!
Wm Shakespeare Smithers

Ok. Is that you story and you are sticking to it?

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Wm Shakespeare Smithers wrote:
JohnH,

I was curious about Harry's real life persona. I have an image in my
head and I was wondering if it was accurate, but it still is not a big
deal.

My guess is Harry wanted to know my name, and once he had that info he
would not have meet for lunch. In the past, he has always found an
excuse not to meet up with someone.

Oh, I would have been there, but there is no chance you would have.
I have no interest in the details of your sorry life beyond your name.
Everything else I care to know about you I already know, from your
behavior here.

The lunch would have given me the opportunity to see if you are as big a
horse's ass in person as you are in this newsgroup, that's all.

But you didn't even have the balls to meet for lunch.

--
Named al Qaeda Recruiter of the Year: George W. Bush

Wm Shakespeare Smithers

I thought AA has been effective helping alcoholics, and that goes back to
before there were "rehab clinics".

wrote:

[...]

Better? It's no different than my original position. All the 12-step
programs offer is support. It takes a lot more than "support" for most
addicts to kick their habits.

Are you a graduate of a 12-step support group?

[...]

What, that you didn't have the balls to show up for lunch?

You're the one who backed out when I insisted on knowing the
first and last name of the person who wanted to meet me.

Meeting someone "by appointment" whose name I don't know is NOT something
I would do under any circumstances. I wasn't into computer
dating when it was "the" thing to do, and I'm not into it now.

Frankly, your reluctance makes me wonder whether you are a peculiar sort
of sexual predator who has the hots for older, balding men.

More likely, though, it is just another manifestation of your cowardice.

And we already know you are a coward.

--
Named al Qaeda Recruiter of the Year: George W. Bush

Wm Shakespeare Smithers

Default How 'bout a 12-step for Smithers?

Harry,
I really have no idea where you are going with this thread, but I am bored
with it.

Enjoy.

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Wm Shakespeare Smithers wrote:
I thought AA has been effective helping alcoholics, and that goes back to
before there were "rehab clinics".

What part of "support group" do you not understand?
AA is a support group. That is all it is.

"Rehab" clinics do more than provide support, but they also provide
support, sometimes in conjunction with AA, sometimes not.

There also are other ways of treating addition.

There's more than one cover for the pot.

On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 14:34:06 -0500, Harry Krause wrote:

John H. wrote:
On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 14:00:33 -0500, Harry Krause wrote:

John H. wrote:
On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 10:14:08 -0500, Harry Krause wrote:

John H. wrote:
On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 09:55:43 -0500, "Wm Shakespeare Smithers" The WordSmith wrote:

JohnH,

There are 12 step groups for just about everything. I looked in Google for
a 12 step group for NPD and found there are support groups for the victims
of NPD, but those with the illness rarely seek help. One of the problems
mentioned is those with NPD would always try to take advantage the other
members of the group.

I did find many links that warned people to be concerned if someone with NPD
makes a threat. It appears that NPD can be very dangerous if they feel
threatened.

When I first started using the Internet, my ISP warned about Security and
Privacy issues. I started using an anonymous ID for Internet Security and
financial info security, not personal security, after reading about NPD I
am glad I have always followed the advice of the experts. Hell would freeze
over before I would give any personal info to someone with NPD.

Other than the occasional 'Kevin' post, I don't think I've ever seen such a hissy-fit thrown in a
news group. What is even more surprising is the lack of support Harry received from his followers.
Apparently his followers saw through your ploy about the same time Harry took the bait.

I expect he'll be 'cowed-down' for a while.
--
John Herring

Hope your Christmas is Spectacular!
...and your New Year even Better!
Header changed to reflect a bit of right-wing pig piling.

Oh, I don't need nor do I look for "support" in newsgroups, as you
fellows seem to. I did get a couple of emails that giggled along with me.

I did notice that once I insisted on knowing Smithers' real name before
I met him for lunch, he quieted right down. The only conclusion can be
that he really is a coward, or he has something to hide.
Harry, you know my name, or at least most of it, and *I* wouldn't meet you for lunch. I'm neither a
coward nor one with something to hide from you.

That's because you are an ill-mannered horse's ass. Not my problem.

...as opposed to a well-mannered horse's ass?

Didn't we add name-calling to the 'bad behavior' list?
--
John Herring

Hope your Christmas is Spectacular!
...and your New Year even Better!

Your tone constitutes another form of name-calling. As you as you act
like a horse's ass here, you'll be one.

Now you're complaining about my singing?

Not sure how to translate the second sentence.

What do you think of Wayne's idea to have a New Year's resolution to behave better?

On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 14:38:41 -0500, Harry Krause wrote:

John H. wrote:
On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 14:07:28 -0500, "Wm Shakespeare Smithers" The WordSmith wrote:

I believe Harry has a data base going in which he stores every bit of personal information he can
glean from his readings on the group.
--

You might want to consider joining a 12-step program for psychotics.
You're out of touch with reality.

Was that supposed to be a denial?

What do you think of Wayne's idea? Pretty good, huh? We could all try to keep the name-calling,
snarkiness, etc. out of the group.

On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 14:54:53 -0500, Harry Krause wrote:

[...]

Harry, does someone have to be especially courageous to meet you for lunch? Do you bring all your
guns?

Do you ever have lunch with females, or must all your lunch dates have 'the balls to show up'?

John H. wrote:
[...]

You earlier stated an addict 'will need therapy and other assistance' in addition to a 12-step
program. That was not a true statement.

Are you seeking more personal information for your data base?