Smithers

Default Get Home Power

Harry,
Let me get this straight. You are too scared to discuss your "Get Home
Power", but I am the coward, a liar, and a weasel?

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Smithers wrote:
Harry,
What do you think about Skippers idea of having a mechanical hookup to
the generator? I am sure when you were making up the story about a
dedicated wing engine you had a review of the benefits of either system.
What did they say?

Skipper's idea? That isn't Skipper's idea. It's an idea with a long
history. Oh, and Skipper's concept of what system I spec'd a figment of
his imagination. Despite his begging, I never provided him with details.

AS for the rest of your comment, it is your usual b.s. and requires no
response.

I note once again that you are a coward, a liar, and a weasel.

--
Jesus: A Long Haired, Peace Loving, Anti Establishment, Liberal.

Skipper

Harry Krause wrote:

What kind of "Get Home Power" would someone put in a 36' boat?

Believe I'd opt for the traditional auxiliary in a sailboat. Harry
claimed to have a dedicated wing engine in that fab 36-footer, not a
mechanical hookup to the generator. I simply didn't believe Harry's
story. Further, It's my thought that there are better options than going
wing engine for the type of boat Harry claimed to own...and
particularly, for the type of boating he claims to do.

The very concept of a landlocker like you pretending to have any actual
expertise whatsoever about sal****er boats transcends absurd.

It's your "thought there are better systems..." coming from an old
cripple like you who lives in Derby, Kansas, and knows next to nothing
about boats that make anyone who does know about boats giggle at your
ignorance.

Encountered any sudden-onset Tostitos lately with 30-foot waves crashing
against the bow of your Bayliner with the strap-on tanks? My guess is
the only Mexican waters you see are from the cooler at your local Taco Bell.

Man, how Krause bobs and weaves as he avoids this direct boating related
discussion with Skipper. Perhaps he's had his tootsies burned once too
often. Wish he did know a thing or two about 'get homes'. It would have
been interesting...and revealing.

--
Skipper
markvictor

If I might be so naive as to assume the come home power question was
semi-legit,I'll
throw in my two or three cents worth.....On a twin engine boat I have
found that a third shaft,on centerline,works well with a genset PTO or
an auxillary engine...But in a single engine config. such as in many
trawlers,etc.,there are some inherent problems with a wing engine
configuration, most notable is the tendency to yaw excessively making
navigating tedious at best; the exception would be a deep full keeled
hull such as in the Nordhavens, and similar, or boats with fin
stabilization. Otherwise I think the mechanical link to the genset is
more manageable (in open water) but you do sacrifice any close-quarter
control...
The comprimise to this is a third option...a pto driven hydraulic pump,
connected to a hydraulic motor with a similar chain and sprocket
coupling to those used in many genset get home set ups...the advantages
are that with some not too complex plumbing you can retain some
throttle capabilities, as well as directional control. On a side note,
some guys in my area are doing active test and evaluation on a Catalina
36 with an electrical drive, powered by hydrogen fuel cells...on the
surface ,seems like no big deal, but here's the rub... they are
extracting their hydrogen in real-time from seawater,using wind,
photovoltaic, and a water-driven alternator for the hydrogen extraction
energy.
It's not perpetual motion, but close enough to raise a lot of
interest...(takes a lot of interest to get Frank Butler to donate a 36
Catalina for Any purpose) Could have all sorts of interesting
applications..I think they are able to make way at a sustained 5 knots,
and are shooting for 7....stay tuned..
regards,
markvictor

Smithers

Harry,
OK, let me get this straight. You are still too scared to discuss your "Get
Home Power" and you find it best to do a duck and cover by calling me names?

Smithers wrote:
Harry,
Let me get this straight. You are too scared to discuss your "Get Home
Power", but I am the coward, a liar, and a weasel?

You're really trying, eh?
Is there any reason to engage you in any sort of conversation here?

Yeah, you're a coward. Almost every post of yours in this newsgroup is
your attempt to insult someone, and you don't have the balls to post with
your real name or to introduce yourself with your real name at a lunch
meeting you were trying to set up.

You're a coward, hiding behind your the skirts of your fake ID here.
Amd for good reason. Anyone who posted here what you post here and used a
real name would get finally offend "the wrong person" and end up getting
punched in the nose.

It was interesting the other day seeing how many posts you put here here
"denying" you were a coward. Every single one of those posts confirmed you
as Yellowstain Smithers.

You don't have the balls to post here with your real name and behave as
you do. You don't even have the balls to introduce yourself with your real
name at a meeting you wanted.

You are a pusillanimous pussy.

--
I'm proud of my country, but appalled by my government.

Skipper

Harry Krause wrote:

The home power question from Skipper was not semi-legit, or any sort of
legit.

Oh, but it was. I must however admit that I knew you'd not engage in a
substantive boating discussion. Your forte seems to be insult, then duck
'n cover. You're quite the mensch, Krause, a true profile in courage.

--
Skipper

P Fritz

What else would you expect from a NPD sufferer

"Narcissists are (a) extremely sensitive to personal criticism and (b)
extremely critical of other people"

"no matter how gently you suggest that they might do better to change
their ways or get some help, they will react in one of two equally horrible
ways: they will attack or they will withdraw."

. ..

Smithers wrote:
[...]

JLH

Default How 'bout it pig pilers

On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 21:27:51 -0500, " JimH" wrote:

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 19:21:07 -0500, Harry Krause
wrote:

And, of
course, they behave as they do whether I'm posting or not, so it really
has little to do with me.

======================================

Not sure I agree with that. At any rate, if you insist on keeping the
ball in play at any cost, perhaps you could cut down the quoted
material to the barest minimum so that I don't accidently run into any
more BS than necessary. Others might appreciate it also.

So why do you tolerate Krause and not others who perhaps contribute more to
this NG than he does.?

That's a good question for Wayne to see. Maybe he could encourage Harry to adopt a New Year's
resolution.
--
John Herring

Hope your Christmas is Spectacular!
....and your New Year even Better!
Smithers

Harry,
Why don't you call our bluff, and tell us about your Get Home Power, that
sure would help your case instead of this cowardly name calling and running
away.

Skipper wrote:
Harry Krause wrote:

The home power question from Skipper was not semi-legit, or any sort of
legit.

Oh, but it was. I must however admit that I knew you'd not engage in a
substantive boating discussion. Your forte seems to be insult, then duck
'n cover. You're quite the mensch, Krause, a true profile in courage.

--
Skipper

As soon as your "handle" pops up as "poster," no substantive discussion is
possible. In that regard, you're no different than Fritz, Smithers,
Jackoff, and a few other righties. You fellow aren't here to discuss;
you're here to disrupt. And the fact that you are a self-admitted
Jew-hating, black-hating neo-Nazi doesn't help your position.

Why are you still in Derby, Kansas, Skipper? You told us all years ago you
were moving to the coast so you could buy a world-class cruiser and ply
the ocean's waters.

Kinda tough doing that from the waters around Derby, eh?

--
Pro-life: Valuing human zygotes up until birth.

Dan Krueger

Harry Krause wrote:

Smithers wrote:

Harry,
Let me get this straight. You are too scared to discuss your "Get
Home Power", but I am the coward, a liar, and a weasel?

You're really trying, eh?
Is there any reason to engage you in any sort of conversation here?

Yeah, you're a coward. Almost every post of yours in this newsgroup is
your attempt to insult someone, and you don't have the balls to post
with your real name or to introduce yourself with your real name at a
lunch meeting you were trying to set up.

Hmmm. Kevin Noble/atl_man/basskisser, whatever...does this sound familiar?

You're a coward, hiding behind your the skirts of your fake ID here.
Amd for good reason. Anyone who posted here what you post here and used
a real name would get finally offend "the wrong person" and end up
getting punched in the nose.

Kevin?

You don't have the balls to post here with your real name and behave as
you do. You don't even have the balls to introduce yourself with your
real name at a meeting you wanted.

Kevin?

You are a pusillanimous pussy.

Kevin!
Smithers

Dan,
I think Harry is upset because I offered to meet him for lunch, and sit
across the table from him. I wanted to see if Harry is as weak as I imagine
him to be.

Unfortunately, Harry is too weak and cowardly to even meet for lunch. I can
understand why.

"Dan Krueger" wrote in message
k.net...