Capt. Rob

Default My boat....talkin' 'bout my boat!

Compared to a Nordic 30, the First 35s5 is more spacious and faster in
all kinds of air. It will literally run circles around the Nordic. You
may be interested to know that the IOR influenced 35s5 is capable of
surfing faster than 13 knots! It will go upwind better of course. It
has a FAR nicer interior as well. Wanna go slow and cramped? Get the
Nordic!

Compared to Jeff's fat cat, the First 35s5 is simply a real sailboat.
It heels, goes fast, turns on a dime and tears upwind like a real
sailboat should. If you love sailboats, a fat cat is of little interest
as it's essentially barely better than a motorhome.

Compared to Doug's Trawler, the First 35s5 is a sailboat and requires
one tank of diesel per season. The 35s5 is powered by the wind. Doug's
trawler is powered by engines, diesel fuel and idiocy.

Compared to a Coronado 27, the First 35s5 is far better put together.
It's FAR faster, more comfortable and just more fun than Neal's boat
could ever be.

Compared to Bob Crantz' boat, the First 35s5 is a real boat.

Compared to Scotty Potty's Siedlemann 30, the First 35s5 sails better
in every way, is FAR better build and is a blast to sail. Scotty's boat
crawls by comparison.

Compared to Loco's Express 30, the First 35s5 is faster PERIOD. It
handles better, is more roomy and modern. It's twice the boat.

Compared to Katy's Kirie Elite, the First 35s5 is faster and better
build. Below deck the 35s5 blows the Kirie away.

Compared to John's Catalina 28, the First 35s5 is a speedy beast that
sails like a boat should. The sad cramped interior of the 28
is....well, sad and cramped.

Compared to Donal's First series...Uh oh!!! If he has the deep fin he
may be a bit faster! The 35s5 is a bit roomier with a nicer interior,
but both are awesome dual purpose boats!

Robert B
First 35s5....the nicer boat!
NY

Capt. Neal®

Good troll but totally fictitious. Comments interspersed.

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message oups.com...

| Compared to a Nordic 30, the First 35s5 is more spacious and faster in
| all kinds of air. It will literally run circles around the Nordic. You
| may be interested to know that the IOR influenced 35s5 is capable of
| surfing faster than 13 knots! It will go upwind better of course. It
| has a FAR nicer interior as well. Wanna go slow and cramped? Get the
| Nordic!

Wanna go safe and secure get the Nordic. Wanna go smart get the Nordic.
Wanna go offshore get the Nordic. Wanna play racer get a J/30.

| Compared to Jeff's fat cat, the First 35s5 is simply a real sailboat.
| It heels, goes fast, turns on a dime and tears upwind like a real
| sailboat should. If you love sailboats, a fat cat is of little interest
| as it's essentially barely better than a motorhome.

Catamarans are OK for cruising if one is willing to accept the fact
they can and do turn turtle. Comparing your monohull to a multi is
grasping for straws.

| Compared to Doug's Trawler, the First 35s5 is a sailboat and requires
| one tank of diesel per season. The 35s5 is powered by the wind. Doug's
| trawler is powered by engines, diesel fuel and idiocy.

Compared to any trawler any sailboat is superior. Doug is a hypocrite.
Imagine a friggin' liberal who hates big oil burning more diesel that
an over-the-road trucker. Pathetic!

| Compared to a Coronado 27, the First 35s5 is far better put together.
| It's FAR faster, more comfortable and just more fun than Neal's boat
| could ever be.

To me, having a boat paid for is more fun than financing one. To me
having a woman in every port is more fun than putting up with the same
old nagging wife. To me sailing my Coronado down the Gulf Coast before
and after a hurricane is more fun that thinking about your Beneteau tied
to a dock in Tampa.

| Compared to Bob Crantz' boat, the First 35s5 is a real boat.

Even if Crantz had a Mac 26X it's likely he would enjoy it more
than you enjoy your boats. It's plain that the only enjoyment you
get out of your boats is to brag about them while showing your
total ignorance of sailing them.

| Compared to Scotty Potty's Siedlemann 30, the First 35s5 sails better
| in every way, is FAR better build and is a blast to sail. Scotty's boat
| crawls by comparison.

I agree! Scotty Potty actually calls Katysails a friend. You cannot
expect the man to know anything about anything - let alone boats.

| Compared to Loco's Express 30, the First 35s5 is faster PERIOD. It
| handles better, is more roomy and modern. It's twice the boat.

Loco is a weenie but I'd put my money on an Express 30 in a race between
two equally savy skippers.

| Compared to Katy's Kirie Elite, the First 35s5 is faster and better
| build. Below deck the 35s5 blows the Kirie away.

Compared to Katy's husband's boat and any other Kirie Elite the
Beneteau is in an entirely different class. The Kirie is like a Citroen
and the Beneteau is like a Porshe.

| Compared to John's Catalina 28, the First 35s5 is a speedy beast that
| sails like a boat should. The sad cramped interior of the 28
| is....well, sad and cramped.

Catalina is an entry level boat bought by entry level personalities.

| Compared to Donal's First series...Uh oh!!! If he has the deep fin he
| may be a bit faster! The 35s5 is a bit roomier with a nicer interior,
| but both are awesome dual purpose boats!

Donal's Beneteau is just another mid-level boat. Instead of getting
a decent boat for the harsh conditions over in the Channel Donal
screwed up royally and got an unsuitable boat. He should have
gotten a Nordica 30, or a Westerly or some other boat that meets
LLoyds of London scantlings. I doubt the Beneteau even meets ABS
standards.

But, enjoy your boat come next April. Bwaahahahahahhahahah!

I'll be sailing up to Miami soon and perhaps over the the Bahamas
for a while. You will be fighting snow and ice and cold and your
boat will be stored. But, then again, like most of the other Putzes
in this group you are NO SAILOR!

I hope all this helps.

CN

| Robert B
| First 35s5....the nicer boat!
| NY

Jeff

Capt. Rob wrote:
Compared to Jeff's fat cat, the First 35s5 is simply a real sailboat.

Too bad no one could stay on one for more than a few hours.

It heels,

Lots of fun until you kid falls down the companionway. Then you might
think the tall rig/shoal keel was a mistake.

goes fast,

You can almost keep up with me if the wind is under 8 knots.

turns on a dime

lots of fun hand steering in weather

and tears upwind like a real
sailboat should.

Again, you couldn't keep up with my cat even upwind. Where's those
polars you claimed would show you can do better than 8 knots at 45
degrees true?

If you love sailboats, a fat cat is of little interest
as it's essentially barely better than a motorhome.

You love sailboats so much you spend all your time at the marina
looking at them.

Landlubber.
Jeff

Capt. Neal® wrote:
Good troll but totally fictitious. Comments interspersed.

Catamarans are OK for cruising if one is willing to accept the fact
they can and do turn turtle. Comparing your monohull to a multi is
grasping for straws.

You've said that many times. Why don't you provide a link to even one
such episode, not counting hurricane situations.

I actually know of one such case at a location that I think you've
been to in the last few years. It was, however a smaller cat than
mine, with a narrow beam, and sailed very light, with almost full
canvas in 50 knots. And surprisingly, it stayed on its side for
several hours while the owner tried to right it.
Capt. Rob

Compared to Jeff's fat cat, the First 35s5 is simply a real sailboat.

Too bad no one could stay on one for more than a few hours.

Jeff, you contiously expose yourself as a non-sailor. I'm shocked at
every comment you make. Most of my friends sail with thier kids and not
on cats. Cats are boring. They can go fast but there's little
excitement. Even the owner of the PDQ I sailed with admitted to that.
If your kids fall down a lot on a heeling boat, I'm sorry. Get them a
CAT scan. We've had kids aboard on all of our boats and nobody took a
tumble except for my father.
The fact that you think only a few hours can be spent on a monohull
says it all. The fact that you start your engines when you speed drops
below five knots says even more.
You've never had a chance in this debate because you own a boat that
doesn't do what a lot of sailors like to do on a boat....that is feel
the rush and heel of from wind and water. That's why most sailors still
want a monohull and have little interest in cats, Jeff. It's the same
reason the Mazda Miata keeps beating sports cars for handling feel that
cost twice as much and are much faster. I guess you've lost touch with
that. And if you think a dinghy is the same, you're crazy. Dinghy's are
great, but a big fast keel boat is in it's own world.
Oh, and on our sea trial we made 7 knots at 35% with main and 110%.
Even if your boat did better, it would be BORING. What's the point of
that thing? Don't you ever want to SAIL?

RB
35s5...a better handling boat!
NY

Jeff

Capt. Rob wrote:
Compared to Jeff's fat cat, the First 35s5 is simply a real sailboat.

Too bad no one could stay on one for more than a few hours.

Jeff, you contiously expose yourself as a non-sailor. I'm shocked at
every comment you make. Most of my friends sail with thier kids and not
on cats. Cats are boring.

You've sailed for 11 years never leaving a 50 square mile area, and
you call my sailing boring!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!

LANDLUBBER!
Scotty

--
"Swab Rob" wrote
Oh, and on our sea trial we found the main and 110%.

SAIL !

RB
loser
NY

Thinking of becoming a live aboard richard Cruising 27 November 3rd 05 09:27 PM
Who Am I Skipper General 38 October 19th 05 07:50 PM
A Recreational Boating Message Skipper General 7 October 12th 05 10:25 PM
A Recreational Boating Message Skipper General 0 October 12th 05 06:42 PM