Default Cannibal

On Sat, 12 Feb 2011 22:35:32 +0000, Justin C
wrote:

In article , Jessica B wrote:
On Wed, 9 Feb 2011 22:01:32 +0000, Justin C
wrote:

This thread is no longer relevant to this newsgroup, it is a personal
conversation. Would you both please take this to email so that we can
get back to what is of interest to the group as a whole, and not just
two members of its members.

Oh come on. Perhaps you should just ignore it or is that too
difficult? I don't think it's a federal requirement that you read
every post.

Or perhaps you could just accept that the polite thing to do is take
your conversation to email.

It seems OK to you and Wilbur that you discuss the etiquette of
seamanship, and criticise those whom you believe to lack it yet the
etiquette of usenet seems to pass you both by. Your, and his, ignorance
of such things is showing, may we start criticising now?

Justin.

You don't seem to understand. YOU are not allowed to criticize Willie,
only he - the maladroit Marina - is allowed to apply the lash of
criticism on the backs of honest sailors.

Cheers,

Bruce

wrote:

This thread is no longer relevant to this newsgroup, it is a personal
conversation. Would you both please take this to email so that we can
get back to what is of interest to the group as a whole, and not just
two members of its members.

Oh come on. Perhaps you should just ignore it or is that too
difficult? I don't think it's a federal requirement that you read
every post.

Or perhaps you could just accept that the polite thing to do is take
your conversation to email.

It seems OK to you and Wilbur that you discuss the etiquette of
seamanship, and criticise those whom you believe to lack it yet the
etiquette of usenet seems to pass you both by. Your, and his, ignorance
of such things is showing, may we start criticising now?

Justin.

If he took it to email with no one watching him converse back and forth
with himself it would defeat the whole purpose, wouldn't it? You do know
what the purpose is, don't you? You know he's trying to get the goat and
make jealous those who scorn him here by convincing you that some babe
loves all the things everyone here hates, don't you? I'm pretty sure
he'll be happy if just one or two believe it and the rest have some
doubt. And you know the inevitable conclusion to his tale don't you?
When he drunkenly forgets to change profiles and mistakenly puts the
wrong name with the wrong profile as he has done here so many times and
then claims the person is visiting him...that's when you'll get your
"happy ending" to this tale, as they say. Can't you see it coming a mile
away?

Stephen

wrote:

[...]

Actually, you might just be doing me a BIG favor. It could be that the
lovely, talented and highly-desirable Jessica B might just get fed up with
all you naysayers and decide to drop in for a visit and a sail. That way I
could get photos of her and I together and make you skeptics so green with
envy and so embarrassed by your non-believer attitudes.

I'm convinced that perhaps the only thing that would make my fine yacht
photos better-looking is JessicaB posing on deck in her bikini! (Or me in
the picture giving her a hug just so you wouldn't be able to claim it's a
Photoshop job or some such other lame response.)

She hasn't posted lately, though. I sure hope you Rubes haven't driven her
off . . . You all should learn to appreciate the finer things in life of
which Jessica B is definitely a prime example.

Wilbur Hubbard

"Jessica B" wrote in message
On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 15:28:38 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Bob" wrote in message

Yup... it was a strange major/minor combo... Politics/Psychology.. for
what it was worth. But, I got hired by the Los Angeles code dept, then
when something opened up in Santa Monica, I switched. I'm actually
thinking of going back to the LA dept. I know a bunch of people there
and I'd get a raise.

Now aint that interesting......... I happen to have a cousin that
worked for CalTrans for years. Later moved and went to work for the
City of Santa Monica for the last 10+/- years. I think Ill email my
cousin and see just how many Jessy Bs are working for the "code
department."

Bob.

Jessica B is definitely real. Nobody could make up such a perfect woman.
She's got it all - superior brains, superior ethics, superior morals,
superior philosophy and a hot, fit body. It just doesn't get any better
than
that. . .

I have a feeling that they wouldn't know what a real person was if
they got bit by one. Interesting that he didn't mention his cousin's
name...

Yes, I think he was just bluffing . . .

"Bruce" wrote in message
On Sat, 12 Feb 2011 22:41:13 +0000, Justin C
wrote:

In article , CaveLamb
wrote:

[snip]

You mean like THIS one???

Richard, Bruce, and Wally. I'm still open to the possibility that
Jessica is a real person, maybe that it a naive statement, but until I
have reason to believe otherwise I'll not add her (as I have Wilbur and
his other puppets) to my killfile.

Actually, now that I'm actually wasting my time discussing her posts (as
I don't see Wilbur's), rather than discussing sailing, I don't think it
matters, I'll add her to the KF and not be bothered by their
conversation regardless of it's on or off topic nature.

Thank you for helping me see sense.

Justin.

Well, I accept that theoretically it is possible that a woman who
appears to be the perfect mate for Willie just happened to click on a
group containing the maladroit mariner. After all miracles are reputed
to still come to pass, although I haven't heard a burning bush say a
word in years.

However I, for one, don't believe it and I suspect that with old age
Willie-boys distaff side is beginning to peep through the foliage.
Given his usual vehement tirades disallowing women to even be onboard
a boat it seems strange that, if the inculpable Jessie is a female,
she should suddenly become the apple of his eye so suddenly now. Just
as he is becoming aware, now in his dotage, that he has never, not
even once, accomplished anything to be proud of.

Cheers,

Bruce

You are allowed to indulge yourself in whatever irrational thinking as is
your wont, Bruce, and you may also insult me all you wish. I'm am not
thin-skinned by any means. However, you should attempt to be more of a
gentlemen when it comes to treating with the ladies. And, mark my words,
Jessica B is a lady.

It just so happens that there exists a certain subset of genetically
superior women such as our Jessica B whose genetics express themselves in
both superior bodies as well as intellects. But, such as these are quite
rare. So, perhaps some might be forgiven for their skepticism in regards to
Jessica's obvious perfection which, to us - the more jaded, might seem to be
some sort of a false construct created to ensnare the naive. Is it so
unlikely that such a fine example of womanhood might be drawn towards
discourse with a mature and highly appreciative man who applauds her for
what she is and what she represents and that Jessica might well be attracted
to a man of the mind because she is a woman of the mind?

Face it! It's not like Jessica's here for any kind of physical
gratification. Any woman who looks as fine as she does most certainly has
plenty of real-life opportunities for that type of thing, wouldn't you say?
This newsgroup is strictly an abode of the imagination. It is a place where
one can express one's self honestly and appreciate others with like
qualities.

Wilbur Hubbard

On Sat, 12 Feb 2011 14:55:29 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Jessica B" wrote in message
.. .
snip

I think it's getting worse. Honestly, some people should not go to the
beach!

It can get really really bad on the beaches around here. It's the Canadian
snowbird problem. Not only are most of them obese but they are totally white
and pasty-skinned while the women are fond of thong bikinis and the men
Speedos. Sometimes it's difficult not to wretch at the sight of them.

Ok, well, I can get pasty. :}

I might have to take a flight in the next couple of months, so thanks
for reminding me!

You're welcome. ;-) Perhaps you'll think of me when you're all crammed in
there . . .

Next to obese people? Nah... I'll be thinking of someone in better
shape than that!

snip

Two (anchors) of(f) the front? I guess you could put them away from each
other somehow. Otherwise they'd get all tangled. How deep do you anchor
typically? I guess in the Keys it must be pretty shallow... like 10 to
20 feet? If less than that don't you worry about waves picking up the
boat and letting it land on the bottom.. or is that impossible?

You've sure got a good head on your shoulders, girl. Yes, two anchors off
the bow as in "Bahamian Style" which is anchors placed about 60 degrees
apart as described by the angle of the anchor rodes. In a tidal current they
are places slightly up current and slight down current so when the tide and
current changes the boat still lies between both with relatively equal
pulls. In a wind only situation one places the anchors more like 90-120
degrees apart and this holds the bow directly into the wind and it doesn't
sheer around.

So, that's what they do in the Bahamas? I've never been, but it's
pretty close to you? How do you get the second anchor in the right
place? You can't put them in at the same time, so you must have to get
the boat to the second spot. It must be tough to judge where it is in
relation to the first one, since it's on the bottom.

I generally prefer to anchor in relatively shallow water - around six feet
at mean low water. Yes, the Keys have very shallow water in many places. As
for waves picking up the boat and slamming it on the bottom that's not
likely to happen in wind-generated wave action, at least. See, it's the
depth of the water that determines the height of the wave and the depth of
the wave trough in shallow water. In six-foot deep water the largest
wind-generated wave possible would be about three feet. So, that would still
give a three-foot cushion for a 3-foot draught boot in one fathom of depth -
one fathom being six feet.

Ok... I get it I think, and if it's really, really bad weather, you
could put the boat somewhere where it's more protected...

Forgive me for getting a bit technical, Jennifer, sweetheart. I know you can
handle it as you are as intelligent as you are beautiful (and that's
intelligent almost beyond belief). But, I imagine being technical might be
quite the mental challenge for the likes of Bruce et al. LOL!

Tech away! I get jargon thrown at me all the time from contractors...
I was riding with a gf of mine and she tells me she hears a noise from
under the car, so I said I know what that is.. Really??? Well, yeah,
it's the band clatter of either the drive shaft or the transmission...
now if it's the drive shaft then it's not too serious, but if it's the
transmission, well you might be able to get someone to adjust it but
it probably needs to get replaced. She was amazed and then angry when
I told her I made it all up.

Wilbur Hubbard

wrote:

In article , CaveLamb wrote:

[snip]

You mean like THIS one???

Richard, Bruce, and Wally. I'm still open to the possibility that
Jessica is a real person, maybe that it a naive statement, but until I
have reason to believe otherwise I'll not add her (as I have Wilbur and
his other puppets) to my killfile.

You're open to it? Wow..

Actually, now that I'm actually wasting my time discussing her posts (as
I don't see Wilbur's), rather than discussing sailing, I don't think it
matters, I'll add her to the KF and not be bothered by their
conversation regardless of it's on or off topic nature.

Thank you for helping me see sense.

Justin.

You're so evolved!

On Sun, 13 Feb 2011 16:27:09 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Bruce" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 12 Feb 2011 22:41:13 +0000, Justin C
wrote:

In article , CaveLamb
wrote:

[...]

I was enjoying his rant right up until he called me Jessie... don't
like that AT ALL!

It just so happens that there exists a certain subset of genetically
superior women such as our Jessica B whose genetics express themselves in
both superior bodies as well as intellects. But, such as these are quite
rare. So, perhaps some might be forgiven for their skepticism in regards to
Jessica's obvious perfection which, to us - the more jaded, might seem to be
some sort of a false construct created to ensnare the naive. Is it so
unlikely that such a fine example of womanhood might be drawn towards
discourse with a mature and highly appreciative man who applauds her for
what she is and what she represents and that Jessica might well be attracted
to a man of the mind because she is a woman of the mind?

Genetically superior? Hmm.... well, except for my skin tone, I could
live with that!

Face it! It's not like Jessica's here for any kind of physical
gratification. Any woman who looks as fine as she does most certainly has
plenty of real-life opportunities for that type of thing, wouldn't you say?
This newsgroup is strictly an abode of the imagination. It is a place where
one can express one's self honestly and appreciate others with like
qualities.

Wilbur Hubbard

True... well, I've learned a few things about sailing, so if I ever go
again, I'll be able to say something and not look totally stupid.

wrote:

In article , CaveLamb wrote:

[snip]

You mean like THIS one???

Richard, Bruce, and Wally. I'm still open to the possibility that
Jessica is a real person, maybe that it a naive statement, but until I
have reason to believe otherwise I'll not add her (as I have Wilbur and
his other puppets) to my killfile.

Actually, now that I'm actually wasting my time discussing her posts (as
I don't see Wilbur's), rather than discussing sailing, I don't think it
matters, I'll add her to the KF and not be bothered by their
conversation regardless of it's on or off topic nature.

Thank you for helping me see sense.

Justin.

Justin, remember this is only Usenet where some people
play out their psychological issues.

This is a place where a person with the boat equivalent of the
Oscar Mayer Weinermobile can have his very own girlfriend.

Pretty soon, he will write to Jessica -

"It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again."

Be thankful you live far away.

I don't even want to know....

On Sat, 12 Feb 2011 16:08:29 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Jessica B" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 9 Feb 2011 22:01:32 +0000, Justin C
wrote:

In article , Jessica B wrote:
On Tue, 8 Feb 2011 17:40:49 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Jessica B" wrote in message
om...
snip

Not the intimate details (it's been so long I've forgotten most all of
that
sort of thing anyway) just the obvious and desirable public physical
and
mental attributes is what I know exactly how I like them to be.

Sense of humor, for example, means a lot and Jessica seems to have a
pretty
good one. Sort of a dry humor which is unusually attractive in a girl.

Thanks! (Not much for slapstick humor - another fault in some
people's eyes, but I just don't get it)

Agreed. Though when I was a kid I did enjoy the Three Stooges. But, now
like my humor a little more on the cerebral side.

I guess before my time. I liked The Jerk... especially when Steve
Martin tries walking with the chair around his legs.

This thread is no longer relevant to this newsgroup, it is a personal
conversation. Would you both please take this to email so that we can
get back to what is of interest to the group as a whole, and not just
two members of its members.

Justin.

Oh come on. Perhaps you should just ignore it or is that too
difficult? I don't think it's a federal requirement that you read
every post.

You've got them all with tongues lolling out of their mouths. They are
trying to convince themselves you aren't real because you are being friendly
and interested in yours truly and they are green with envy. If only they
could get you to befriend them, their tunes would change to a different not.
But, they stubbornly persist in their folly. They obviously don't know the
value of a woman such as yourself - a real diamond in a coal bin.

It's fine with me. Hey you guys: I'm not real. I'm just a figment of
your imagination. That should do it.

Correction: loony bin