Default Cannibal

On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 18:01:57 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Bruce" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 6 Feb 2011 16:30:07 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Bruce" wrote in message
snip

Way back then I did a little canoe camping. A canoe and some camping
gear and off into the wilderness - just like the Indians. Not that
enjoyable in the Maine forests and swamps with the sketters and deer
flys as company. Fun while you're young but I guess you outgrow these
things (Thank God! :-)

Wimp! You never outgrew anything - throwing in the towel half way to a
goal
is not outgrowing; it's failing.

Wilbur Hubbard

Whatever are you going on about? What goal do you think I only
accomplished half of?

Admit it. You started out with plans of a circumnavigation but, due to the
fact that you had too big a boat to handle, the entire hapless attempt
ground to a halt about half way around.

Everybody knows it's true.

Wilbur Hubbard

Sounds like he got stranded... although it supposed to be nice there.

On 2/10/2011 12:44 PM, Wilbur Hubbard wrote:
"Jessica wrote in message
On Wed, 9 Feb 2011 16:05:41 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Jessica wrote in message
news snip

Oh JESUS!! I don't think I could take snakes falling from the sky.
lol

Oops! I guess I shouldn't have told you that . ..

I GUESS NOT!!!!

You're so cute!

Yes, yes... :-)

And modest!snicker

Honest. :-)

Tell that to Bruce, Waldo and WaIIy. They don't seem to think you are even
real. ;-)

Well, maybe if you hadn't created numerous fake identities (like the one
you're using now) and maybe if you hadn't had numerous fake
conversations with yourself, and maybe if you hadn't told them they
needed to have faith (which is what you do when you try to believe
something there is no good reason to believe), they might fall for this one.

Stephen

"Jessica B" wrote in message
snip

I think it's getting worse. Honestly, some people should not go to the
beach!

It can get really really bad on the beaches around here. It's the Canadian
snowbird problem. Not only are most of them obese but they are totally white
and pasty-skinned while the women are fond of thong bikinis and the men
Speedos. Sometimes it's difficult not to wretch at the sight of them.

I might have to take a flight in the next couple of months, so thanks
for reminding me!

You're welcome. ;-) Perhaps you'll think of me when you're all crammed in
there . . .

snip

Two (anchors) of(f) the front? I guess you could put them away from each
other somehow. Otherwise they'd get all tangled. How deep do you anchor
typically? I guess in the Keys it must be pretty shallow... like 10 to
20 feet? If less than that don't you worry about waves picking up the
boat and letting it land on the bottom.. or is that impossible?

You've sure got a good head on your shoulders, girl. Yes, two anchors off
the bow as in "Bahamian Style" which is anchors placed about 60 degrees
apart as described by the angle of the anchor rodes. In a tidal current they
are places slightly up current and slight down current so when the tide and
current changes the boat still lies between both with relatively equal
pulls. In a wind only situation one places the anchors more like 90-120
degrees apart and this holds the bow directly into the wind and it doesn't
sheer around.

I generally prefer to anchor in relatively shallow water - around six feet
at mean low water. Yes, the Keys have very shallow water in many places. As
for waves picking up the boat and slamming it on the bottom that's not
likely to happen in wind-generated wave action, at least. See, it's the
depth of the water that determines the height of the wave and the depth of
the wave trough in shallow water. In six-foot deep water the largest
wind-generated wave possible would be about three feet. So, that would still
give a three-foot cushion for a 3-foot draught boot in one fathom of depth -
one fathom being six feet.

Forgive me for getting a bit technical, Jennifer, sweetheart. I know you can
handle it as you are as intelligent as you are beautiful (and that's
intelligent almost beyond belief). But, I imagine being technical might be
quite the mental challenge for the likes of Bruce et al. LOL!

Wilbur Hubbard

"Jessica B" wrote in message
snip

The mean librarian look? Heh... I don't usually wear my hair up...
just tied in the back or in a pony if my niece gets ambitious.

Yes, that stern, professionally-dressed librarian wearing big eyeglasses
with the promise of wild passion hidden beneath is every man's fantasy. LOL!
Ever do French braids - that's hot!

snip

Right.. like once or twice while we're sitting there is flattering.
five times gets old. (I mean not me so much but my friend)

No smoking out here. Honestly, I don't care if someone wants to cough
up blood when they're 62, but I don't want to.

I don't blame you. That's one reason I hate motor boaters so much. How dare
they pollute the very air I breath when here I am living way out of the way
and one of the reasons for doing so is I can breathe clean air.

That's ONE thing California did right - cracked down on the air pollution -
especially indoor by banning smoking almost everywhere. I'm glad they didn't
manage to legalize pot. That would be just another source of air pollution.

Speaking of air pollution, I rode up to Miami yesterday with a friend who
was picking up his bike from the shop where he was getting a new fork
installed (the old one cracked and needed to be replaced) and the air was
noticably smelly. This was right before the cold front passed and the air
was relatively still and humid. We Americans have a term for the smelly
Miami air - Cuban monoxide. LOL!

"Jessica B" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 15:29:38 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Bruce" wrote in message
. ..
On Wed, 9 Feb 2011 18:57:44 -0800 (PST), Bob
wrote:

Yup... it was a strange major/minor combo... Politics/Psychology.. for
what it was worth. But, I got hired by the Los Angeles code dept, then
when something opened up in Santa Monica, I switched. I'm actually
thinking of going back to the LA dept. I know a bunch of people there
and I'd get a raise.

Now aint that interesting......... I happen to have a cousin that
worked for CalTrans for years. Later moved and went to work for the
City of Santa Monica for the last 10+/- years. I think Ill email my
cousin and see just how many Jessy Bs are working for the "code
department."

Bob.

Probably none, but maybe a Willard :-)

Oh ye of little faith!!!

Wilbur Hubbard

They sound like stalkers. Whatever.

They probably wouldn't know what to do with or how to treat a real, live,
beautiful woman. LOL! This sounds corny but a man's got to appreciate a
woman's mind first and foremost and the more intelligent the woman, the more
necessary this becomes.

"Jessica B" wrote in message
snip

I bet you hated politics since you're no liberal. How could you stand all
those freaking liberal professors trying to indoctrinate you? Psychology
has
always interested me. I like to try to figure out what makes people tick.

Politics was fun because they encouraged debate. As long as you
defended your arguments, your grades didn't suffer. We had a couple of
"conservative" profs, but you're right they were mostly liberal.

I guess that was a 10-12 years ago and maybe colleges weren't quite so
liberal back then. Now, from what I've heard, they are at least 90% very
liberal professors, so much so that they will give a conservative student
who presents a conservative viewpoint a low grade. It's become all about
indoctrination over education.

As for a raise, heck, your blog says you make a bunch of money. I hope you
are putting all you can into a 401 or deferred compensation for
retirement.
At your age you can almost be a millionaire when you retire if you can get
modest interest and keep contributing the max.

Ah, you visited.. cool. I don't make tons... do ok. I'm saving money,
definitely. I have a trust set up for my niece, since I don't plan on
having kids.

Didn't your myspace say 'kids - maybe later?' or some such? Well, you're
quite young still and there's time to change your mind at least a few times.

Isn't Santa Monica a healthier place to live than LA? What with all the
air
pollution in the basin and all? Some things such as a relative clean
environment are way more important than a little more dough.

It is, but I wouldn't have to move. They have several locations.

Gotcha!

-- just returned from laying on another coat of paint. Now to let it dry a
bit and pull the masking tape before it gets really stuck on hard.

Do you use the famous blue tape? :-)

A girl who knows about blue tape. How sexy is THAT!

Wilbur Hubbard

"Jessica B" wrote in message
snip

Dangit! Well, you can't blame a guy for dreaming, can you? :-)

Dream on! lol

Hey, I can have it just the way I like it in my dreams. ;-)

"Jessica B" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 15:40:45 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Jessica B" wrote in message
. ..
snip

Hey, I'm a light-weight! One beer every two hours (max two) is about
all I can take!

Well, I suppose you don't weigh very much at 5'5" and in great shape so
your
blood/alcohol level probably rises way faster than mine at 170 pounds.
Your
metabolism is probably running faster than mine, as well. I generally
start
getting a bit buzzed after about four beers.

No and I'm not saying either. With four beers I would be in a coma.

I bet I could still talk to you then. After all, I manage to talk here to
Bruce, Skippy, WaIIy, Joe etc. LOL!

Ouch..

Well, those guys deserve it. They don't even think you are real. Duh!

wrote:

"Jessica wrote in message
[...]

Who me? Fake identity? Perish the thought. I just use different nyms for
different accounts in order to keep everything straight. Is that so wrong?
And, don't forget that even though Chicken Little ran around saying the sky
is falling it doesn't mean that the sky will never fall, ever.

Wilbur Hubbard

"Jessica B" wrote in message
On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 15:44:59 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

"Jessica B" wrote in message
news snip

Oh JESUS!! I don't think I could take snakes falling from the sky.
lol

Oops! I guess I shouldn't have told you that . ..

I GUESS NOT!!!!

You're so cute!

Yes, yes... :-)

And modest! snicker

Honest. :-)

Tell that to Bruce, Waldo and WaIIy. They don't seem to think you are even
real. ;-)

They're right! I'm totally unreal! lol

I'll say . . .