Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #11   Report Post  
Old January 24th 11, 01:10 AM posted to rec.boats.cruising
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by BoatBanter: Jan 2011
Posts: 21
Default Cannibal

On Jan 23, 6:42*pm, "Steve Lusardi" wrote:
Jessica,
I hate laundermats. I have a washer and dryer on my boat. They are very useful. Here is a tip, never use a belt drive model. They
throw the belt off when sailing.
Steve


I need to replace our washer/dryer. Any recommendations on a good,
belt free model?

  #12   Report Post  
Old January 24th 11, 01:29 AM posted to rec.boats.cruising
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by BoatBanter: Oct 2010
Posts: 4,021
Default Cannibal

On Mon, 24 Jan 2011 00:42:50 +0100, "Steve Lusardi"
wrote:

Jessica,
I hate laundermats. I have a washer and dryer on my boat. They are very useful. Here is a tip, never use a belt drive model. They
throw the belt off when sailing.
Steve

"Jessica B" wrote in message ...
On Sat, 22 Jan 2011 22:18:51 -0600, CaveLamb
wrote:



What do you think, Wilbur?
Would this one do?

Cannibal
http://www.sailingtexas.com/scustom54100.html


Wow... pretty boat, but isn't it a pain to get in an out from where
the big wheel is? Seems like they could have made it simpler.

A washer/dryer on a sailboat??? That's weird!
--

47 is special


Seems a little overkill though. Do you really go through that much
laundry to need something so intense?
  #13   Report Post  
Old January 24th 11, 01:31 AM posted to rec.boats.cruising
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by BoatBanter: Jan 2011
Posts: 364
Default Cannibal

On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 17:48:35 -0600, CaveLamb
wrote:

I'm guessing that on a two or three year cruise it might be nice to
processionally have clean clothes.

But that's just me. YMMV?


Steve Lusardi wrote:
Jessica,
I hate laundermats. I have a washer and dryer on my boat. They are very
useful. Here is a tip, never use a belt drive model. They throw the belt
off when sailing.
Steve

"Jessica B" wrote in message
...
On Sat, 22 Jan 2011 22:18:51 -0600, CaveLamb
wrote:



What do you think, Wilbur?
Would this one do?

Cannibal
http://www.sailingtexas.com/scustom54100.html

Wow... pretty boat, but isn't it a pain to get in an out from where
the big wheel is? Seems like they could have made it simpler.

A washer/dryer on a sailboat??? That's weird!
--

47 is special



Doesn't the boat ever stop somewhere? Seems like all you have to do is
pull in somewhere and deal with it.

What happens in the middle of the ocean? You're going to do laundry in
your bring-along system? Seems at odds with sailing some how.
  #14   Report Post  
Old January 24th 11, 03:25 AM posted to rec.boats.cruising
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by BoatBanter: Dec 2006
Posts: 796
Default Cannibal

Jessica B wrote:
On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 16:15:16 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"CaveLamb" wrote in message
m...
I guess you didn't notice the
"Twice around the world - by husband and wife"
part?


On the deck of a freighter perhaps. . . Or, more likely they were talking
about their sexual adventures.


Wilbur Hubbard


Heh...



Jessica?

Would you prefer to be Skipper? Or Mate?

--

Richard Lamb
email me:
web site:
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~cavelamb

  #15   Report Post  
Old January 24th 11, 03:49 AM posted to rec.boats.cruising
Joe Joe is offline
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by BoatBanter: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,698
Default Cannibal

On Jan 22, 10:18*pm, CaveLamb wrote:
What do you think, Wilbur?
Would this one do?

Cannibalhttp://www.sailingtexas.com/scustom54100.html

--

Richard Lamb
email me:
web site: *www.home.earthlink.net/~cavelamb


Hello Richard,

You enjoying the Jessica Wilbur show? Neals off his meds again.

Cannibal is tied up in front of my old building in El Lago, right
where RedCloud use to be moored, she is a pretty boat.
You interested? I know the boat and the owner if you need any more
info.

Check out this hull: http://www.sailboatlistings.com/view/16201
She's trashed inside, but might be a good project boat.

Joe

Joe



  #16   Report Post  
Old January 24th 11, 03:54 AM posted to rec.boats.cruising
Joe Joe is offline
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by BoatBanter: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,698
Default Cannibal

On Jan 23, 7:10*pm, "Wayne.B" wrote:
On Jan 23, 6:42*pm, "Steve Lusardi" wrote:

Jessica,
I hate laundermats. I have a washer and dryer on my boat. They are very useful. Here is a tip, never use a belt drive model. They
throw the belt off when sailing.
Steve


I need to replace our washer/dryer. *Any recommendations on a good,
belt free model?


Splendeen..It's an Italian.W/D
You get about two years good use out of them.

Joe
  #17   Report Post  
Old January 24th 11, 04:04 AM posted to rec.boats.cruising
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by BoatBanter: Oct 2010
Posts: 4,021
Default Cannibal

On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 21:25:20 -0600, CaveLamb
wrote:

Jessica B wrote:
On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 16:15:16 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"CaveLamb" wrote in message
m...
I guess you didn't notice the
"Twice around the world - by husband and wife"
part?

On the deck of a freighter perhaps. . . Or, more likely they were talking
about their sexual adventures.


Wilbur Hubbard


Heh...



Jessica?

Would you prefer to be Skipper? Or Mate?


Is there a difference?
  #18   Report Post  
Old January 24th 11, 04:05 AM posted to rec.boats.cruising
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by BoatBanter: Jan 2011
Posts: 364
Default Cannibal

On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 19:49:34 -0800 (PST), Joe
wrote:

On Jan 22, 10:18*pm, CaveLamb wrote:
What do you think, Wilbur?
Would this one do?

Cannibalhttp://www.sailingtexas.com/scustom54100.html

--

Richard Lamb
email me:
web site: *www.home.earthlink.net/~cavelamb


Hello Richard,

You enjoying the Jessica Wilbur show? Neals off his meds again.

Cannibal is tied up in front of my old building in El Lago, right
where RedCloud use to be moored, she is a pretty boat.
You interested? I know the boat and the owner if you need any more
info.

Check out this hull: http://www.sailboatlistings.com/view/16201
She's trashed inside, but might be a good project boat.

Joe

Joe


Joe Joe?

He seems pretty reasonable to me.
  #19   Report Post  
Old January 24th 11, 06:42 AM posted to rec.boats.cruising
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by BoatBanter: Dec 2006
Posts: 796
Default Cannibal

Joe wrote:
On Jan 22, 10:18 pm, CaveLamb wrote:
What do you think, Wilbur?
Would this one do?

Cannibalhttp://www.sailingtexas.com/scustom54100.html

--

Richard Lamb
email me:
web site: www.home.earthlink.net/~cavelamb


Hello Richard,

You enjoying the Jessica Wilbur show? Neals off his meds again.


Yeah. Sad...


Cannibal is tied up in front of my old building in El Lago, right
where RedCloud use to be moored, she is a pretty boat.
You interested? I know the boat and the owner if you need any more
info.

Check out this hull: http://www.sailboatlistings.com/view/16201
She's trashed inside, but might be a good project boat.

Joe

Joe


Hi Joe,

That would be a beautiful ship if restored.
LOVE that foredeck.
My whole boat would fit up there.
Amazing what you can do with a boat when it gets big enough.

But while I can do the work and have the time and inclination,
my pockets just don't run that deep...


If you see anybody on Cannibal, tell them we are admiring her?

--

Richard Lamb
email me:
web site:
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~cavelamb

  #20   Report Post  
Old January 24th 11, 07:28 AM posted to rec.boats.cruising
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by BoatBanter: Jan 2011
Posts: 364
Default Cannibal

On Mon, 24 Jan 2011 00:42:54 -0600, CaveLamb
wrote:

Joe wrote:
On Jan 22, 10:18 pm, CaveLamb wrote:
What do you think, Wilbur?
Would this one do?

Cannibalhttp://www.sailingtexas.com/scustom54100.html

--

Richard Lamb
email me:
web site: www.home.earthlink.net/~cavelamb


Hello Richard,

You enjoying the Jessica Wilbur show? Neals off his meds again.


Yeah. Sad...


Sounds like you and Joe are the ones in need of meds.. or at least
better ones.


Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2021 BoatBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Boats"

 

Copyright © 2017