Default Cannibal

"Bob" wrote in message

Yup... it was a strange major/minor combo... Politics/Psychology.. for
what it was worth. But, I got hired by the Los Angeles code dept, then
when something opened up in Santa Monica, I switched. I'm actually
thinking of going back to the LA dept. I know a bunch of people there
and I'd get a raise.

Now aint that interesting......... I happen to have a cousin that
worked for CalTrans for years. Later moved and went to work for the
City of Santa Monica for the last 10+/- years. I think Ill email my
cousin and see just how many Jessy Bs are working for the "code
department."

Bob.

Jessica B is definitely real. Nobody could make up such a perfect woman.
She's got it all - superior brains, superior ethics, superior morals,
superior philosophy and a hot, fit body. It just doesn't get any better than
that. . .

Wilbur Hubbard

Wilbur Hubbard

"Bruce" wrote in message
On Wed, 9 Feb 2011 18:57:44 -0800 (PST), Bob
wrote:

Yup... it was a strange major/minor combo... Politics/Psychology.. for
what it was worth. But, I got hired by the Los Angeles code dept, then
when something opened up in Santa Monica, I switched. I'm actually
thinking of going back to the LA dept. I know a bunch of people there
and I'd get a raise.

Now aint that interesting......... I happen to have a cousin that
worked for CalTrans for years. Later moved and went to work for the
City of Santa Monica for the last 10+/- years. I think Ill email my
cousin and see just how many Jessy Bs are working for the "code
department."

Bob.

Probably none, but maybe a Willard :-)

Oh ye of little faith!!!

Wilbur Hubbard

"Jessica B" wrote in message
On Wed, 9 Feb 2011 15:46:51 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Jessica B" wrote in message
. ..
On Tue, 8 Feb 2011 17:54:08 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Jessica B" wrote in message
m...
\

I don't like soul mate much either... I am willing to learn about
sailing, as long as there's no yelling.

That would be strictly up to you. Some girls just lose it entirely when
in
the throws of passion. LOL! Just kidding . . .

Not to worry, I don't yell at people. I don't even like to raise my
voice.

I could imagine throws of passion while sailing!

You could? OMG! Errr . . . never mind.

I was thinking in the Zen mode silly man.

Dangit! Well, you can't blame a guy for dreaming, can you? :-)

Wilbur Hubbard

"Jessica B" wrote in message
On Wed, 9 Feb 2011 15:53:37 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Waldo" wrote in message
aweb.com...

snip

You've really gone mental with this faux Jessica crap.

She is a teenage cock teaser playing a vicious prank on the un
suspecting
Wilbur. And what a horny fool he is.

Hey, it's Usenet and theatre of the mind. What's the harm? And, if
Jessica's
a teenager, she sure has a good education because she's highly literate
and
expressive. Besides, no teenage I know of has the mature kind of mental
outlook that Jessica has. She's way too grounded and sensible - a teenager
would be much more scattered and inconsistent - not to mention, not nearly
as sassy savy.

I think Waldo (can anyone take that name seriously) needs to have his
mouth washed out with soap.

LOL!

"Jessica B" wrote in message
snip

Hey, I'm a light-weight! One beer every two hours (max two) is about
all I can take!

Well, I suppose you don't weigh very much at 5'5" and in great shape so
your
blood/alcohol level probably rises way faster than mine at 170 pounds.
Your
metabolism is probably running faster than mine, as well. I generally
start
getting a bit buzzed after about four beers.

No and I'm not saying either. With four beers I would be in a coma.

I bet I could still talk to you then. After all, I manage to talk here to
Bruce, Skippy, WaIIy, Joe etc. LOL!

I have to give at least six months notice if I take a vacation. :-(

Wow, your services must be greatly in demand.

We don't have a lot of staff. Someone was sick today, and we had a
backlog. That's why I got home so late.

Do you get time and a half for overtime or comp days, at least?

Right. No extra pay. If I work 8 or more extra hours in a week, then I
get a 1/2 day comp. BIG F*CKING DEAL.

Real generous of them to trade you four hours for eight. What a rip-off!

At least when I worked for the state we got eight hours comp for 8 hours
overtime or time and a half pay for eight hours overtime (double time for
holidays). I always thought it was pretty dumb to take the comp day because
it amounted to half again less pay. Duh!

"Jessica B" wrote in message
On Wed, 9 Feb 2011 16:05:41 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Jessica B" wrote in message
news snip

Oh JESUS!! I don't think I could take snakes falling from the sky.
lol

Oops! I guess I shouldn't have told you that . ..

I GUESS NOT!!!!

You're so cute!

Yes, yes... :-)

And modest! snicker

Honest. :-)

Tell that to Bruce, Waldo and WaIIy. They don't seem to think you are even
real. ;-)

"Jessica B" wrote in message
On Wed, 9 Feb 2011 16:10:02 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Jessica B" wrote in message
. ..
snip

Yeah, it's a pseudo gang thing... no idea what it means. Probably get
shot by some Mexican gang, since the translation is something rude
about someone's mother. LOL

That figures! Three bikini partners in crime.

We look out for ourselves... :-)

Wow... 7! I just have 2 siblings. My mom couldn't have more after me
for health reasons.

For little hellion reasons. LOL!

She wanted more kids, but had some physical problems.. I always wanted
a little sister.

Then YOU wouldn't have been the *spoiled* one. I only had one sister and
she
was so spoiled. But, I guess she had to be to survive six mean brothers.
LOL!

My parents tried to spoil me, but my brother (closest in age) wasn't
having any. He stole everything extra until I was about 10, then I got
fed up and hit him in the side with his baseball bat... bruised a rib.

Little hellion was an apt term for a young you, it seems. I hope you've
grown out of it at least a little bit.

"Jessica B" wrote in message
On Wed, 9 Feb 2011 16:13:47 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Jessica B" wrote in message
. ..
snipped a bunch

Ok. You definitely need to STOP telling me about all this stuff!! I am
NOT interested in burning up, drowning, getting eaten by sharks,
getting stung by yellow jackets, etc., etc....

Timid little soul! Where's your yearning for a little excitement? ;-)

Alive and well and totally uninterested in being anywhere near a
disaster. :-)

And you're afraid of snakes falling from the sky? LOL!

Seems tame by comparison! :-)'

Yup, it's all a matter of perspective.

So, do you travel much? Do you have family in your area or do you go
somewhere for holidays? Do you ever get out this way? We only have a
few earthquakes a year that you can actually feel...

I don't travel much anymore except in my boat. I've never been to California
except when I worked for Suzuki. They had offices in Brea but that has been
25 years or so ago, now. As close as I got on vacation was Utah, Nevada,
Arizona - took a long motorcycle ride, camped out, etc. I even saw that big
Meteor Crater and Carlsbad Caverns.

Earthquakes, I don't think would bother me unless buildings started to
tumble down or some such. Tsunamis could be a problem though. I'd rather
live in hurricane country - at least you get plenty of warning.

Brothers and sister are scattered all across the country and I don't visit
them much or at all any more. Parents are deceased. Too bad California is so
hard to get to by boat. I don't have any desire to try to do the Panama
Canal route. And Cape Horn is way too far and dangerous.

"Bruce" wrote in message
On Sun, 6 Feb 2011 16:30:07 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Bruce" wrote in message
. ..
snip

Way back then I did a little canoe camping. A canoe and some camping
gear and off into the wilderness - just like the Indians. Not that
enjoyable in the Maine forests and swamps with the sketters and deer
flys as company. Fun while you're young but I guess you outgrow these
things (Thank God! :-)

Wimp! You never outgrew anything - throwing in the towel half way to a
goal
is not outgrowing; it's failing.

Wilbur Hubbard

Whatever are you going on about? What goal do you think I only
accomplished half of?

Admit it. You started out with plans of a circumnavigation but, due to the
fact that you had too big a boat to handle, the entire hapless attempt
ground to a halt about half way around.

Everybody knows it's true.

Wilbur Hubbard

"Justin C" wrote in message
In article , Jessica B wrote:
On Sun, 30 Jan 2011 00:51:21 +0000, Justin C
wrote:

In article , Jessica B wrote:

Ok, but wouldn't it be more convenient to just keep them out of harms
way in the dinghy if you can?

A dinghy can flip, and an inflatable, in a strong breeze can become a
kite, then you lose everything that's in it, thwart and all.

Twart? Isn't that across something?

It's the seat you sit on when you're rowing, or (probably) any other
seat athwart (across) the boat.

I've seen boats that have these elbow-shaped tubes on the back that
have like a cradle/pulley system for dinghies. I guess you have to tie
them off so they don't bang around, but at least you aren't towing
them.

Davits. Little cranes that lift the boat out of the water. Apparently
good for deterring dinghy theft. I don't like 'em, I think they ruin the
look of a nice boat. I'd be worried in heavy weather, with following,
breaking seas that a wave would take away the dinghy or take away the
dinghy and davits or take the dinghy and *one* davit and I've have the
whole kit and caboodle fixed to my boat by the other davit and surfing
down a wave *into* the back of my boat or wrap around my rudder, or,
most drastic, both davits and the dingy go and I get left with huge
holes in the back of my boat! Nope, don't like em!

Agreed. Davits on the stern, unless the boat is 40-feet or more is just too
much. They are heavy, unsightly and dangerous. Considering the size and
weight of most inflatables or rowing dinghies these days it's easy to have
two or three hundred pounds hanging right off the transom - the very worst
place for the weight.

Wilbur Hubbard