Default Cannibal

On Sat, 12 Feb 2011 22:35:32 +0000, Justin C
wrote:

In article , Jessica B wrote:
On Wed, 9 Feb 2011 22:01:32 +0000, Justin C
wrote:

This thread is no longer relevant to this newsgroup, it is a personal
conversation. Would you both please take this to email so that we can
get back to what is of interest to the group as a whole, and not just
two members of its members.

Oh come on. Perhaps you should just ignore it or is that too
difficult? I don't think it's a federal requirement that you read
every post.

Or perhaps you could just accept that the polite thing to do is take
your conversation to email.

It seems OK to you and Wilbur that you discuss the etiquette of
seamanship, and criticise those whom you believe to lack it yet the
etiquette of usenet seems to pass you both by. Your, and his, ignorance
of such things is showing, may we start criticising now?

Justin.

Well, how do I figure out where the sailing stuff starts and the
"conversation" starts? Seems to me they are integral to each other.

I don't think I've criticized anyone's seamanship. Have I? If so, it
was unintentional.

wrote:

This thread is no longer relevant to this newsgroup, it is a personal
conversation. Would you both please take this to email so that we can
get back to what is of interest to the group as a whole, and not just
two members of its members.

Oh come on. Perhaps you should just ignore it or is that too
difficult? I don't think it's a federal requirement that you read
every post.

Or perhaps you could just accept that the polite thing to do is take
your conversation to email.

It seems OK to you and Wilbur that you discuss the etiquette of
seamanship, and criticise those whom you believe to lack it yet the
etiquette of usenet seems to pass you both by. Your, and his, ignorance
of such things is showing, may we start criticising now?

Justin.

If he took it to email with no one watching him converse back and forth
with himself it would defeat the whole purpose, wouldn't it? You do know
what the purpose is, don't you? You know he's trying to get the goat and
make jealous those who scorn him here by convincing you that some babe
loves all the things everyone here hates, don't you? I'm pretty sure he'll
be happy if just one or two believe it and the rest have some doubt. And
you know the inevitable conclusion to his tale don't you? When he
drunkenly forgets to change profiles and mistakenly puts the wrong name
with the wrong profile as he has done here so many times and then claims
the person is visiting him...that's when you'll get your "happy ending" to
this tale, as they say. Can't you see it coming a mile away?

Stephen

Actually, you might just be doing me a BIG favor. It could be that the
lovely, talented and highly-desirable Jessica B might just get fed up with
all you naysayers and decide to drop in for a visit and a sail. That way I
could get photos of her and I together and make you skeptics so green with
envy and so embarrassed by your non-believer attitudes.

I'm considering it... :-) Did you get my email btw? For some reason
yours (to my second account) got deleted.

I'm convinced that perhaps the only thing that would make my fine yacht
photos better-looking is JessicaB posing on deck in her bikini! (Or me in
the picture giving her a hug just so you wouldn't be able to claim it's a
Photoshop job or some such other lame response.)

I would love to pose for it... I'm sure it would kill at least three
people here though.

She hasn't posted lately, though. I sure hope you Rubes haven't driven her
off . . . You all should learn to appreciate the finer things in life of
which Jessica B is definitely a prime example.

Those guys? Nah... They probably want me to announce when I'll post to
make sure they don't miss something.

Wilbur Hubbard

On Sat, 12 Feb 2011 15:05:56 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Jessica B" wrote in message
.. .
snip

The mean librarian look? Heh... I don't usually wear my hair up...
just tied in the back or in a pony if my niece gets ambitious.

Yes, that stern, professionally-dressed librarian wearing big eyeglasses
with the promise of wild passion hidden beneath is every man's fantasy. LOL!
Ever do French braids - that's hot!

Hmmm... I think this says something Freudian, but I don't know what.
lol

Never had that kind of braid... I tend to keep my hair flowing unless
I have to work on something then I put it up.

snip

Right.. like once or twice while we're sitting there is flattering.
five times gets old. (I mean not me so much but my friend)

No smoking out here. Honestly, I don't care if someone wants to cough
up blood when they're 62, but I don't want to.

I don't blame you. That's one reason I hate motor boaters so much. How dare
they pollute the very air I breath when here I am living way out of the way
and one of the reasons for doing so is I can breathe clean air.

All that engine smell... blech..

That's ONE thing California did right - cracked down on the air pollution -
especially indoor by banning smoking almost everywhere. I'm glad they didn't
manage to legalize pot. That would be just another source of air pollution.

You would not believe how many cannabis clubs there are in the greater
LA area.

Speaking of air pollution, I rode up to Miami yesterday with a friend who
was picking up his bike from the shop where he was getting a new fork
installed (the old one cracked and needed to be replaced) and the air was
noticably smelly. This was right before the cold front passed and the air
was relatively still and humid. We Americans have a term for the smelly
Miami air - Cuban monoxide. LOL!

I bet you have a lots and lots of Cubans... I'll raise you two
Mexicans.

On Sat, 12 Feb 2011 15:08:41 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Jessica B" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 15:29:38 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Bruce" wrote in message
On Wed, 9 Feb 2011 18:57:44 -0800 (PST), Bob
wrote:

Yup... it was a strange major/minor combo... Politics/Psychology.. for
what it was worth. But, I got hired by the Los Angeles code dept, then
when something opened up in Santa Monica, I switched. I'm actually
thinking of going back to the LA dept. I know a bunch of people there
and I'd get a raise.

Now aint that interesting......... I happen to have a cousin that
worked for CalTrans for years. Later moved and went to work for the
City of Santa Monica for the last 10+/- years. I think Ill email my
cousin and see just how many Jessy Bs are working for the "code
department."

Bob.

Probably none, but maybe a Willard :-)

Oh ye of little faith!!!

Wilbur Hubbard

They sound like stalkers. Whatever.

They probably wouldn't know what to do with or how to treat a real, live,
beautiful woman. LOL! This sounds corny but a man's got to appreciate a
woman's mind first and foremost and the more intelligent the woman, the more
necessary this becomes.

In my case (and Jimbo's) you don't get anything else unless you get
the mind first. Stace is a less strict. You never know who's going to
be leaving in the morning (we were roommates in college).

On Sat, 12 Feb 2011 15:16:23 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Jessica B" wrote in message
.. .
snip

I bet you hated politics since you're no liberal. How could you stand all
those freaking liberal professors trying to indoctrinate you? Psychology
has
always interested me. I like to try to figure out what makes people tick.

Politics was fun because they encouraged debate. As long as you
defended your arguments, your grades didn't suffer. We had a couple of
"conservative" profs, but you're right they were mostly liberal.

I guess that was a 10-12 years ago and maybe colleges weren't quite so
liberal back then. Now, from what I've heard, they are at least 90% very
liberal professors, so much so that they will give a conservative student
who presents a conservative viewpoint a low grade. It's become all about
indoctrination over education.

As for a raise, heck, your blog says you make a bunch of money. I hope you
are putting all you can into a 401 or deferred compensation for
retirement.
At your age you can almost be a millionaire when you retire if you can get
modest interest and keep contributing the max.

Ah, you visited.. cool. I don't make tons... do ok. I'm saving money,
definitely. I have a trust set up for my niece, since I don't plan on
having kids.

Didn't your myspace say 'kids - maybe later?' or some such? Well, you're
quite young still and there's time to change your mind at least a few times.

Yes, but the emphasis is on the maybe. It's really not a priority for
me.

Isn't Santa Monica a healthier place to live than LA? What with all the
air
pollution in the basin and all? Some things such as a relative clean
environment are way more important than a little more dough.

It is, but I wouldn't have to move. They have several locations.

Gotcha!

-- just returned from laying on another coat of paint. Now to let it dry a
bit and pull the masking tape before it gets really stuck on hard.

Do you use the famous blue tape? :-)

A girl who knows about blue tape. How sexy is THAT!

Construction guys I think carry it in the underpants. It's everywhere.

Wilbur Hubbard

On Sat, 12 Feb 2011 15:18:11 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Jessica B" wrote in message
.. .
snip

Dangit! Well, you can't blame a guy for dreaming, can you? :-)

Dream on! lol

Hey, I can have it just the way I like it in my dreams. ;-)

Be NICE! :-)

On Sat, 12 Feb 2011 15:19:58 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Jessica B" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 15:40:45 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Jessica B" wrote in message
snip

Hey, I'm a light-weight! One beer every two hours (max two) is about
all I can take!

Well, I suppose you don't weigh very much at 5'5" and in great shape so
your
blood/alcohol level probably rises way faster than mine at 170 pounds.
Your
metabolism is probably running faster than mine, as well. I generally
start
getting a bit buzzed after about four beers.

No and I'm not saying either. With four beers I would be in a coma.

I bet I could still talk to you then. After all, I manage to talk here to
Bruce, Skippy, WaIIy, Joe etc. LOL!

Ouch..

Well, those guys deserve it. They don't even think you are real. Duh!

I'm definitely unreal!

On Sat, 12 Feb 2011 15:30:12 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Jessica B" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 15:47:38 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Jessica B" wrote in message
On Wed, 9 Feb 2011 16:10:02 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Jessica B" wrote in message
om...
snip

Yeah, it's a pseudo gang thing... no idea what it means. Probably get
shot by some Mexican gang, since the translation is something rude
about someone's mother. LOL

That figures! Three bikini partners in crime.

We look out for ourselves... :-)

Wow... 7! I just have 2 siblings. My mom couldn't have more after me
for health reasons.

For little hellion reasons. LOL!

She wanted more kids, but had some physical problems.. I always wanted
a little sister.

Then YOU wouldn't have been the *spoiled* one. I only had one sister and
she
was so spoiled. But, I guess she had to be to survive six mean brothers.
LOL!

My parents tried to spoil me, but my brother (closest in age) wasn't
having any. He stole everything extra until I was about 10, then I got
fed up and hit him in the side with his baseball bat... bruised a rib.

Little hellion was an apt term for a young you, it seems. I hope you've
grown out of it at least a little bit.

Yeah a little bit.. :-)

Jessica, you're just so delicious! You seem to instinctively know that men
really enjoy living a little dangerously when it comes to their women. What
an expert flirt you are. ;-)

Carry on . . . Please!

Hehh... actually, I don't generally flirt.. at least not on my own.
Maybe in a group, but then I don't have to worry about it going too
far. Also, my eye lashes aren't long enough.

On Sat, 12 Feb 2011 15:32:12 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Jessica B" wrote in message
.. .
snip

Brea? That's not far from here... We're expecting the big one any day.
I don't know if things will fall down or not. I suppose. Oh well...
Carpe Diem I guess. Don't know about tsunamis... There must be some
warning I suppose for that.

I think it's pretty close to Disneyland, too.

Yep... I've been there a bunch, but not lately. I wouldn't go for me,
certainly.

I'd love to visit the Canal. It's supposed to be one of the wonders of
the world.

I wouldn't mind seeing it on a big ship but it's got to be way too
intimidating on a small sailboat. It would be easy to get crushed or flushed
down the toilet, so to speak . . .

Whoosh... no that wouldn't be good!

Wilbur Hubbard

On Sat, 12 Feb 2011 15:33:50 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Jessica B" wrote in message
.. .
snip

After seeing that latest picture you linked to, I'd be remiss if I DIDN'T
say you are beautiful and your friends are quite so, as well. California
has
a reputation for having lovely girls and I guess it's well-deserved. But,
sure hope you don't speak like a 'Valley Girl" LOL!

We only speak VG when we're joking around. I'm NOT from the valley.
I'm from the beach community. Grew up in Palos Verdes.

That VG-speak is extremely funny. Do they still do it for real or was it a
passing fad?

I have never really heard it in actually talk. I think there are some
people out there who do that, but it's so contrived that it doesn't
seem real.