posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default 35s5 Heart of Gold

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message

Unfortunately the AM has no AWD, so it's useless in any area that gets
snow.

Do you really need AWD in areas that get snow? We get 150-250 inches per
year and front wheel drive or LSD (limited slip differentials) has worked
great for the last 25 years.

Carmel gets 40 inches a year, a "blizzard" there is 22 inches. Call in the
Unimogs!

Do you consider that serious snow?

Ever have to use 4 wheel chains and caterpillar weights because the truck
couldn't push through snow deeper than the windows?

You've lived there about a year, the only time in your life outside of NYC
so now you're an expert.

The thing useless in snow is your driving ability and experience.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Do you really need AWD in areas that get snow? We get 150-250 inches per
year and front wheel drive or LSD (limited slip differentials) has worked
great for the last 25 years.

Carmel gets 40 inches a year, a "blizzard" there is 22 inches. Call in the
Unimogs!

It's so funny when someone speaks out...and then sounds even dumberer
than poor Donal about cars!
So let's see...this poor clown thinks AWD is all about snow
accumulation! Oh boy! Probably if the poor toad drove the 2.4 mile
road up into Kent Cliffs where my house is located he'd know that a
easy dusting stops most FWD cars. Everyone here has AWD without
exception because of the hilly terrain.
Now...should I teach him about AWD in a performance car and what
advantages it offers?
Naaahhh!!!

R&T tests.....Aston Martin Skidpad DB9 = .93
And the Evo X pulled a FULL G!!!!!

"Aston Martin: When fine leather means more than handling."

R.
posted to alt.sailing.asa

On 8 Sep, 01:22, "Capt. Rob" wrote:

Please let up know when you get the AM.

R.

Oh Bob.......
You know that I wouldn't do that. Like you, I wouldn't
ever feel the need to demonstrate my financial
superiority on the Internet.

However, I will be doing an advanced driving course in a DB9
towards the end of the month. Would you like me to give a
report? Or, if you are impatient, I can give you a report
of a test drive tomorrow night!!

Do you think that I should test drive an Evo instead?

Two litre against 6 Litre? 4 cylinders against 12?

Plastic against Leather?

When Thomas is a bit older, he will be very
embarrassed.

Regards

Donal
posted to alt.sailing.asa

On 7 Sep, 17:50, "Capt. Rob" wrote:

Donal, you just go on and on proving that you're into bloated blvd.
cruisers and that's fine with me! It must be really killing you that I
will own such a car purely as a toy.
Noisy? BWAHAHAHAAAHHAHAHAHAHA!

Well, there is a huge difference between the
high pitched whine of a 4 cylinder Evo, and the
low pitched growl of a 12 cylinder of a DB9.

Real power actually sounds nice. Cheap power
sounds like a modern Japanese motorbike.

Regards

Donal
posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message

Do you really need AWD in areas that get snow? We get 150-250 inches per
year and front wheel drive or LSD (limited slip differentials) has worked
great for the last 25 years.

Carmel gets 40 inches a year, a "blizzard" there is 22 inches. Call in
the
Unimogs!

It's so funny when someone speaks out...and then sounds even dumberer
than poor Donal about cars!
So let's see...this poor clown thinks AWD is all about snow
accumulation! Oh boy! Probably if the poor toad drove the 2.4 mile
road up into Kent Cliffs where my house is located he'd know that a
easy dusting stops most FWD cars.

Everyone here has AWD without
exception because of the hilly terrain.

Does a KIA Sedona have AWD?

Let me know when you get to mountainous terrain.

Now...should I teach him about AWD in a performance car and what
advantages it offers?

14" ground clearance?

Granny low and differential locks?

8' snowplow?

posted to alt.sailing.asa

redbard wrote:

Everyone here has AWD without
exception because of the hilly terrain.

Does a KIA Sedona have AWD?

Let me know when you get to mountainous terrain.

Now...should I teach him about AWD in a performance car and what
advantages it offers?

14" ground clearance?

Granny low and differential locks?

8' snowplow?

I'm sure the EVO and Astin are very nice cars. I couldn't drive either
to my front door, their bottoms wouldn't survive the road, never mind my
driveway.

Cheers
Marty
posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Sep 8, 5:42 pm, wrote:
On 8 Sep, 01:22, "Capt. Rob" wrote:

Please let up know when you get the AM.

R.

Oh Bob.......
You know that I wouldn't do that. Like you, I wouldn't
ever feel the need to demonstrate my financial
superiority on the Internet.

However, I will be doing an advanced driving course in a DB9
towards the end of the month.

BWAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Do you think that I should test drive an Evo instead?

No. The Evo's AYC and S-AWD systems are very advanced driving tools.
In fact AYC in a lesser form in only found on one other car which
costs quite a bit more than any AM. You're better off keeping it
simple with a basic RWD and anything with power will do.

Two litre against 6 Litre? 4 cylinders against 12?

And yet my Evo manages to hit 60 MPH first and beat the AM in track
times. Odd.

Plastic against Leather?

You do realize that leather is actually a no-no for a proper driving
seat, right? In fact the leather seats in the Evo MR ave suede bottoms
for just that reason, but even then tuners will swap out for proper
cloth. Donal, every time you post you slide further and further!

When Thomas is a bit older, he will be very
embarrassed.

He doesn't even know you!

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Sep 8, 5:50 pm, wrote:
On 7 Sep, 17:50, "Capt. Rob" wrote:

Donal, you just go on and on proving that you're into bloated blvd.
cruisers and that's fine with me! It must be really killing you that I
will own such a car purely as a toy.
Noisy? BWAHAHAHAAAHHAHAHAHAHA!

Well, there is a huge difference between the
high pitched whine of a 4 cylinder Evo, and the
low pitched growl of a 12 cylinder of a DB9.

Yup...the 4 is more fun and uses less gas!

Real power actually sounds nice. Cheap power
sounds like a modern Japanese motorbike.

Yeah, too bad those Japanese bikes utterly rule the world of
performance biking, but they're not exactly cheap either. Donal,
everything you've said smacks of the 80's. That was when big engines
and Harley/Ducati seemed wonderful. Then the Nissan 300 Twin Turbo
came out....and everything changed in a day. Then Honda built the NSX
and got it to out-handle everything and do it with skinny tires. Hey,
Donal....the 80's are calling!

R.
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Capt. Rob wrote:
On Sep 8, 5:42 pm, wrote:
On 8 Sep, 01:22, "Capt. Rob" wrote:

Please let up know when you get the AM.
R.

Oh Bob.......
You know that I wouldn't do that. Like you, I wouldn't
ever feel the need to demonstrate my financial
superiority on the Internet.

However, I will be doing an advanced driving course in a DB9
towards the end of the month.

BWAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Do you think that I should test drive an Evo instead?

No. The Evo's AYC and S-AWD systems are very advanced driving tools.
In fact AYC in a lesser form in only found on one other car which
costs quite a bit more than any AM. You're better off keeping it
simple with a basic RWD and anything with power will do.

You trully don't get it do you?

Two litre against 6 Litre? 4 cylinders against 12?

And yet my Evo manages to hit 60 MPH first and beat the AM in track
times. Odd.

Did you hear about Shu in the taxi this summer?

Plastic against Leather?

You do realize that leather is actually a no-no for a proper driving
seat, right? In fact the leather seats in the Evo MR ave suede bottoms
for just that reason,

Suede isn't leather?

but even then tuners will swap out for proper
cloth. Donal, every time you post you slide further and further!

When Thomas is a bit older, he will be very
embarrassed.

Cheers
Marty
posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Sep 8, 9:25 pm, "redbard" wrote:
"Capt. Rob" wrote in message

[...]

I don't have a Kia Sedona anymore. We traded it for a SUV. With 50K
miles on it the Sedona was the only trouble free car I owned. I'm
picking up an Outlander XLS for Suzanne, so we'll see how it compares.

R.