posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default 35s5 Heart of Gold

On Sep 18, 7:03 am, jlrogers±³© wrote:
"Capt. Rob" wrote in message

And guess what? The build quality is higher than the DB9.

Now that's funny! Bob you slay me. How you get people to take this crap
seriously enough to argue with you is a real art. You are the master.

Even though I've been in both cars and you haven't you might want to
consider the facts.

The DB9 is a partially hand built car and so is the GT-R. The DB9 is a
expensive car from a company that has nearly gone under several times
and has been unable to survive on it's own. Their products do not
represent the best of the market in any respect and NEVER have. If you
find the DB9 to be the most beautiful car and that's what matters most
to you then buy one.
Now consider the Nissan GT-R. Only 1500 were built for USA and it
represents virtually every technology available to maximize high
performance driving. It is built to a MUCH higher spec than any Lexus
or Infiniti for example. Unlike the DB9 the GT-R rides no rails
between luxury and speed. It has one goal. It's sophistication is so
far beyond the DB9 that it completely antiquates it. Even the GT-R
seats are the very best and the interior is being called the best
ever, not just for a supercar, but for ANY car. Manufacturing
tolerances for the GT-R were further refined beyond all previous
standards. The cockpit of the GT-R has instrumentation that even
displays G force and specific acceleration charts. It's not just a bit
better handling or somewhat faster than a DB9. It's HUGELY faster and
better handling. 0-60 at 3.3 seconds and the car has yet to be flash
tuned!
Amazingly, on a tight road coarse, the Evo is nearly as fast. Only the
GT-R's massive HP advantage lets it pull away in the short straights.

In the end a simple fact remains. None of you own a DB9, Evo X or GT-
R. Ozzy and I are buying Evo's and I have a deposit on a GT-R with my
dealer in New Rochelle. The rest of you are googling up fast cars and
taking laughable driving lessons. You saw a DB9 being driven by James
Bond and you wet yourselves. Then you drove home in your Pontiacs or
Jeep or old-man-sedan. So what are YOU driving? Don't bother being
embarrassed. It's really too late for that.

RB

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Capt. Rob wrote:
So what are YOU driving? Don't bother being
embarrassed. It's really too late for that.

'90 Nissan Pathfinder, 300k on it, best damned snow truck I've ever had.
When you get your GT-R, bring it up here in January, we'll race
around the block. Betcha my Nissan beats yours, (well in three feet of
snow). I'll even give you a handicap, I'll tow a trailer with a couple
of cords of hickory in it!

Cheers
Marty
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Capt. Rob wrote:
Last time a factory EVO was entered in the WRC was 2005, it didn't do
all that well. Which rally was the win in Bob, or was it a win?

Uh, Earth to Marty...come in Marty! Do you read?

The Evo X is new. It has nothing to do with earlier cars. New engine,
suspension, tranny and sheet metal.

Getting a bit strident there Bob.

Yes I do read, you posted "It has better handling and a real race
history that equals pedigree missing from the DB9", and now you say it's
"new", sort of contradictory.

You could buy a travel guide for Tahiti and learn a good deal. You could
buy a Gauguin and learn something different.

Cheers
Marty
posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Sep 18, 8:01 am, Martin Baxter wrote:
Capt. Rob wrote:

So what are YOU driving? Don't bother being

embarrassed. It's really too late for that.

'90 Nissan Pathfinder, 300k on it, best damned snow truck I've ever had.
When you get your GT-R, bring it up here in January, we'll race
around the block. Betcha my Nissan beats yours, (well in three feet of
snow). I'll even give you a handicap, I'll tow a trailer with a couple
of cords of hickory in it!

BWAHAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Nissan Pathfinder and in the year range for
the bad rear end. Best snow truck??? Even more laughable. On snow
that's not over the road height either my Legacy Turbo or Evo or the
GT-R are FAR better and safer in the snow. It's not even close.
Now that I see what you drive I know you're nothing but a mag driver.
Enjoy your next issue of Car & Driver, but try to remember that some
of us actually DRIVE and OWN fast cars.

RB

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Oh, c'mon, BOb. You proved long ago and quite conclusively, that's
it's never too late to embarass yourself.

I see Donal is up against the wall since he's been bragging about a
car he doesn't own and will never own. Maybe he'll get some courage
and lie about what he drives or maybe he'll get REAL courage and go
buy a used WRX and learn how to drive. Seems like he deserves the same
comment....

Enjoy your next issue of Car & Driver, but try to remember that some
of us actually DRIVE and OWN fast cars.

RB (Currently driving modded Legacy Turbo with 330 HP and HKS
suspension) and buying a 2009 Evo X with a Nissan GT-R deposit down.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Thu, 18 Sep 2008 08:14:11 -0400, Martin Baxter
wrote:

Capt. Rob wrote:
Last time a factory EVO was entered in the WRC was 2005, it didn't do
all that well. Which rally was the win in Bob, or was it a win?

Uh, Earth to Marty...come in Marty! Do you read?

The Evo X is new. It has nothing to do with earlier cars. New engine,
suspension, tranny and sheet metal.

Getting a bit strident there Bob.

Yes I do read, you posted "It has better handling and a real race
history that equals pedigree missing from the DB9", and now you say it's
"new", sort of contradictory.

You could buy a travel guide for Tahiti and learn a good deal. You could
buy a Gauguin and learn something different.

Cheers
Marty

Huh?
It's new and has a history of previous models having great success.

What is the contradiction.....Oh I see, you've withdrawn.

OzOne of the three twins

I welcome you to Crackerbox Palace.
posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Thu, 18 Sep 2008 08:42:31 -0400, wrote:

Um... I'm not Donal. I'm also much less than impressed with your car.

I'm not Bob, and you've never driven one

OzOne of the three twins

I welcome you to Crackerbox Palace.
posted to alt.sailing.asa

wrote:

Capt. Rob wrote:
Last time a factory EVO was entered in the WRC was 2005, it didn't do
all that well. Which rally was the win in Bob, or was it a win?

Uh, Earth to Marty...come in Marty! Do you read?

The Evo X is new. It has nothing to do with earlier cars. New engine,
suspension, tranny and sheet metal.

Getting a bit strident there Bob.

Yes I do read, you posted "It has better handling and a real race
history that equals pedigree missing from the DB9", and now you say it's
"new", sort of contradictory.

You could buy a travel guide for Tahiti and learn a good deal. You could
buy a Gauguin and learn something different.

Cheers
Marty

Huh?
It's new and has a history of previous models having great success.

What is the contradiction.....Oh I see, you've withdrawn.

Very good Oz, now try "It has *nothing* to do with earlier cars..."
apposed with your "history of previous models".

Clear 'nuff?

Cheers
Marty
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Capt. Rob wrote:

So what are YOU driving? Don't bother being

embarrassed. It's really too late for that.

'90 Nissan Pathfinder, 300k on it, best damned snow truck I've ever had.
When you get your GT-R, bring it up here in January, we'll race
around the block. Betcha my Nissan beats yours, (well in three feet of
snow). I'll even give you a handicap, I'll tow a trailer with a couple
of cords of hickory in it!

BWAHAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Nissan Pathfinder and in the year range for
the bad rear end. Best snow truck??? Even more laughable. On snow
that's not over the road height either my Legacy Turbo or Evo or the
GT-R are FAR better and safer in the snow. It's not even close.
Now that I see what you drive I know you're nothing but a mag driver.
Enjoy your next issue of Car & Driver, but try to remember that some
of us actually DRIVE and OWN fast cars.

Well see, I knew you had a BWAHAAA in you! Bad rear ends eh? I guess
I've been lucky. What is the road height for you EVO? Maybe 6 inches?
You couldn't get to my place in the summer with that, never mind
through 3 feet of snow. Different vehicles for different needs.

Do you have a CRX with low profile tires and one of those silly "throaty
sounding" mufflers?

I'm sure your car is lot of fun to drive, where you live, but for me it
just wouldn't work, neither would an DB9, I'd have to bring home on a float.

Cheers
Marty
posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message

[...]

From Consumer reports October 2008 About the EVO:
Ride: stiff, Poor, noisy, "frenetic highway behavior"
Steering: too light, oversteers, frenetic highway behavior
Interior plastics are drab and cheap looking
Seats do not adjust for height, ditto steering wheel
Pedals too close together
Driving position sucks

0 to 60: slower than the BMW, Subaru
1/4 mile: slower than the BMW and Subaru
Turing circle: greater than BMW, Subaru, VW
Avoid maneuver: slower than the BMW
MPG: less than BMW, VW
Interior fit and finish: poor
Luggage: room for 1 suitcase
Front shoulder room: 54.5 inches
front leg room: 42 inches
front head room: 6' 3"
(Bob's head will get the pounding it deserves)

Consumer Reports Rankings (Oct 2008)
BMW 135i 97
Mazdaspeed3 90
Impreza WRX STi 89