posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default 35s5 Heart of Gold

Few of the old crowd still around...and that's sad. Ganzy's witch hunt
really chased away the fun. Oh well....

Heart of Gold is still sailing of course and her crew has been having
a blast.

With Thomas about to turn four we've been spending more weekends on
the boat and making short trips. Next season we plan to make two week-
long trips. The great news is how much he loves the boat. It's among
his favorite activities, so I feel we've done a good job in making him
part of the fun. The sacrifice was short sails and fewer nights
aboard. Now he demands to go sailing!

Cheers, everyone! As the 2008 season here wraps up I hope you all have
gotten some sailing in.

Robert B
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message

Few of the old crowd still around...and that's sad. Ganzy's witch hunt
really chased away the fun. Oh well....

Heart of Gold is still sailing of course and her crew has been having
a blast.

With Thomas about to turn four we've been spending more weekends on
the boat and making short trips. Next season we plan to make two week-
long trips. The great news is how much he loves the boat. It's among
his favorite activities, so I feel we've done a good job in making him
part of the fun. The sacrifice was short sails and fewer nights
aboard. Now he demands to go sailing!

Cheers, everyone! As the 2008 season here wraps up I hope you all have
gotten some sailing in.

Robert B
35s5
NY

Yes, Gaynz is still active with his netKKKopping activities but that's to be
expected. Once a psycho always a psycho!

Whatever happened to the new, larger boat from Ohio you said you were buying
with some of your spare change?

Wilbur Hubbard

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 05:41:02 -0700 (PDT), "Capt. Rob"
wrote:

Few of the old crowd still around...and that's sad. Ganzy's witch hunt
really chased away the fun. Oh well....

Heart of Gold is still sailing of course and her crew has been having
a blast.

With Thomas about to turn four we've been spending more weekends on
the boat and making short trips. Next season we plan to make two week-
long trips. The great news is how much he loves the boat. It's among
his favorite activities, so I feel we've done a good job in making him
part of the fun. The sacrifice was short sails and fewer nights
aboard. Now he demands to go sailing!

Cheers, everyone! As the 2008 season here wraps up I hope you all have
gotten some sailing in.

Robert B
35s5
NY

Good to hear from you, Rob. Why is your season wrapping up so early?
There's almost 2 1/2 months left before November according to my
calendar. We just did a mini 3 day cruise spent mostly anchored in
Mattituck Inlet and exploring the area by dinghy. Great area for
photography. You could get there in two reasonably short days, with a
stopover in Pt Jeff.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

wrote:

[...]

Now that's funny. Bob doesn't actually sail, but he sure has a nice boat!

It's nice to know that I'm still so powerful.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Capt. Rob wrote:

Few of the old crowd still around...and that's sad. Ganzy's witch hunt
really chased away the fun. Oh well....

Heart of Gold is still sailing of course and her crew has been having
a blast.

With Thomas about to turn four we've been spending more weekends on
the boat and making short trips.

I don't believe it. You're blaming Thomas!!
You always only made "short trips".

Next season we plan to make two week-
long trips.

I've been away for three years and you are still telling
us that you will make a long trip "next year".

The great news is how much he loves the boat. It's among
his favorite activities, so I feel we've done a good job in making him
part of the fun. The sacrifice was short sails and fewer nights
aboard.

Now he demands to go sailing!

I'm not surprised. He probably doesn't consider
your half a mile trips to be proper sailing.
Why should he? Nobody else does.

Cheers, everyone! As the 2008 season here wraps up I hope you all have
gotten some sailing in.

Seriously,its nice to see that you are enjoying
life. Until Thomas is 12 he will give you nothing
but happiness. He will then spend the next 5-6
years taking it all back again.

Regards

Donal

posted to alt.sailing.asa

wrote:

Few of the old crowd still around...and that's sad. Ganzy's witch hunt
really chased away the fun. Oh well....

Heart of Gold is still sailing of course and her crew has been having
a blast.

With Thomas about to turn four we've been spending more weekends on
the boat and making short trips. Next season we plan to make two week-
long trips. The great news is how much he loves the boat. It's among
his favorite activities, so I feel we've done a good job in making him
part of the fun. The sacrifice was short sails and fewer nights
aboard. Now he demands to go sailing!

Cheers, everyone! As the 2008 season here wraps up I hope you all have
gotten some sailing in.

Robert B
35s5
NY

Good to hear Bubbles.
Thought you were getting another boat?
I'm sailing very little these days, flying has become a passion.

OzOne of the three twins

I welcome you to Crackerbox Palace.
posted to alt.sailing.asa

wrote:

[...]

** Posted fromhttp://www.teranews.com**

Indeed we were planning on a barely used C&C 121, but we decided to
hold off. The 35s5 is really a lot of fun and we certainly don't make
use of her comforts since we rarely stay aboard more than a weekend.
Thomas has a time-limit and we try to adhere to it. We've now seen a
LOT of families with kids who are not too hip on being aboard. The few
success stories we've seen were folks who didn't force it on their
kids and we've tried to do the same. Thomas asks to go sailing, but we
usually don't keep him out longer than he wants. Keep him wanting more
is the MO! It's working as now he often asks to sleep aboard as well.
So a upgrade is on hold. I added a beautiful 140% cruise-radial genoa
and am still flying the kevlar main. I still use the smaller pentax-
mylar on days where it's really blowing. As she is now, only J-boats
pass me and none-to-quickly. We're having a lot of fun and when winds
are light and the boat slows, Thomas yells, "What's the hold up?!"

RB
35s5
NY
posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Aug 20, 12:45 pm, Donal wrote:
Capt. Rob wrote:

[...]

LOL, Donal. Everyone says the same thing! I'm in terror of the coming
years, but as you said...he's a joy for now and we're soaking that up
and giving him more than we ever had. Even the worst days are great.

RB
35s5
NY
posted to alt.sailing.asa

I thought I'd drop by and see if the resident bullcrapper is still
around and I see he is. I thought the Boob was going to start racing
this summer. I guess like every other part of his life that was a
joke too. Now he's blaming his lack of sailing time on that retard of
a kid he has. How's life in the Bronx with that skank wife these days
Boobie? Have you found a job yet or are you still making big bucks
dumpster diving at that poluted marina?

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Ringmaster" wrote in message
I thought I'd drop by and see if the resident bullcrapper is still
around and I see he is. I thought the Boob was going to start racing
this summer. I guess like every other part of his life that was a
joke too. Now he's blaming his lack of sailing time on that retard of
a kid he has. How's life in the Bronx with that skank wife these days
Boobie? Have you found a job yet or are you still making big bucks
dumpster diving at that poluted marina?

He's only sort of around... this was his first post in months? How's life?

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com