posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default 35s5 Heart of Gold

He just posted about his mass produced cheap Celestron.

It's interesting that Donal keeps calling the CPC series, used by many
universities and organizations for teaching, "cheap."
They are actually pretty expensive. My CPC 8" scope cost nearly 3K and
my 11 is quite a bit more. My Telvue is more expensive per inch, but
the Celestron gear is far better in actual versatility. The scope that
gets the most use is the best scope, even if it's a 300 dollar dob.
Poor Donal thinks beauty is in the scope, rather than the sky.....too
bad. Maybe he'd like to buy my Questar before I try to sell it on
Astromart.

R.
posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Sep 6, 8:22 pm, OzOne wrote:
On Sat, 06 Sep 2008 16:25:54 +0100, Donal
wrote:

On Sat, 06 Sep 2008 11:08:23 +1000, OzOne wrote:

On Fri, 5 Sep 2008 17:36:00 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

You enjoy driving a car that's a handful on a twisty road?

There are comments in the press about its handling.
These comments only apply when driving at the limits,
on the track.
For normal driving it handles much, much better
than an ordinary car. As long as you don't push
the throttle more than half way down, it behaves
like a pusseycat.... an incredibly sleek pusseycat,
that roars like a lion every now and then!

Regards

Donal
--

Donal when I bought my Evo, I did a quick run in then went for a quiet
cruise though a couple of forest roads that had been closed after half

Nothing other than a tank could have gone through that 100km of road
and certainly not at an average speed in excess of 90km/hr.

If I cruise I drive a supercharged AWD luxury sedan...when I drive, I
prefer the Evo.

Thanks, but no thanks.

OzOne of the three twins

I welcome you to Crackerbox Palace.
** Posted fromhttp://www.teranews.com**

Yup, and I live in an area that requires AWD big time. It's a key
reason why I chose the Evo over a Cayman S or Exige. I like a car to
be a full time toy and an Aston Martin just can't make the grade on
these twisty roads in the snow....or even in the dry compared to an
Evo X.

R.
posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Sat, 6 Sep 2008 17:58:22 -0700 (PDT), "Capt. Rob"
wrote:

Yup, and I live in an area that requires AWD big time. It's a key
reason why I chose the Evo over a Cayman S or Exige. I like a car to
be a full time toy and an Aston Martin just can't make the grade on
these twisty roads in the snow....or even in the dry compared to an
Evo X.

Yep.
BTW I had a small problem on that drive, the AYC went into limp mode
and I really noticed the difference before I noticed the warning
light.
I'd managed to shake a connection loose in the computer.
Mitsu sent a guy up from 400kms away to replace the part at my hotel
but they only had a part from a demo car. They contacted me later and
replaced the part with a new one then a letter arrived saying they had
analysed to computer and found that it was a faulty
connection...they'd never had the problem with any other car..lucky
me!

OzOne of the three twins

I welcome you to Crackerbox Palace.
posted to alt.sailing.asa

wrote:

[...]

So far the X looks pretty solid. I'm reading the forums every day and
very few owners are having problems. That's even more impressive since
many have tuned the engine up to 370 WHP or higher.

R.
posted to alt.sailing.asa

You might as well drive an sst hatchback as an EVO X. Two of the ugliest,
most over-rated cars of all-time. At least the DB9 is beautiful.

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
On Sep 5, 8:36 pm, wrote:
On 6 Sep, 01:27, "Capt. Rob" wrote:

You just don't know what a handful a DB9 is on a twisty road

Oh, I do.

Isn't that a bitch?

Indeed, and it's been noted by the reviews. AM tried to move the
engine further back but still missed on achieving the right balance.
The car also uses a dated and very simple suspension, which is why so
many cars beat it in real world driving. One review was kind saying
that the car was at least "honest" in it's handling as it never broke
loose at the limits without warning. Still, it did break loose and the
car got high points for comfort. The nose heavy issue makes for some
numb handling compared to cars like an Evo or BMW M3. An M3 is yet
another car that simply TOASTS the DB9. It's hard to stay focused on
class when a car designer has failed on so many levels. A car is sooo
much more than it's stitching and sheet metal. One day you may learn
that...but I doubt it.

What a laughable car the DB9 is, but cars of this type survive by
generating a lot of false impressions and intangible comments like
"class & soul." At it's price point the DB9 is a shame as a
enthusiasts car. If you need to turn heads and drink gas, then by all
means buy one.

R.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

wrote:

[...]

You are so full of CRAP. You need to get off the Information Super Highway
and try a real road trip.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On 7 Sep, 14:00, "jlrogers±³©" wrote:
You might as well drive an sst hatchback as an EVO X. Two of the ugliest,
most over-rated cars of all-time. At least the DB9 is beautiful.

What Car says of the EVO:-

"Refinement Refinement rating - 2 out of 5
As you'd expect, it's noisy"

I wonder if they are talking about the car, or the owner??

Regards

Donal
posted to alt.sailing.asa

jlrogers blathered.....
You might as well drive an sst hatchback as an EVO X. Two of the ugliest,
most over-rated cars of all-time. At least the DB9 is beautiful.

Yep...it's overrated alright...by just about every driver, magazine
and driving show around. That must also make the M3 overrated too!
Yep, the AM is very pretty. Just what I need: a really pretty car than
can't stay in step with cars costing far less. What a bargain!
Go drive an Elise, Exige, 911 Turbo or M3, the dry an S4 with a few
mods and then finally run an Evo X hard. Then let Ozzy in on all your
secret car knowledge.

R.
posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Sep 7, 12:05 pm, wrote:
On 7 Sep, 14:00, "jlrogers±³©" wrote:

You might as well drive an sst hatchback as an EVO X. Two of the ugliest,
most over-rated cars of all-time. At least the DB9 is beautiful.

What Car says of the EVO:-

"Refinement Refinement rating - 2 out of 5
As you'd expect, it's noisy"

Oh no! Not a noisy sports car!!!!! Who'd want that? Don't tell me the
GSR actually removed road insulation to improve the car for hard core
driving?!!!! Nahhhhh! Want a bit quite ride then get the MR. You
clearly don't know what the Evo or any rally car is for.

Donal, you just go on and on proving that you're into bloated blvd.
cruisers and that's fine with me! It must be really killing you that I
will own such a car purely as a toy.
Noisy? BWAHAHAHAAAHHAHAHAHAHA!

R.
posted to alt.sailing.asa

[...]