posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default 35s5 Heart of Gold

On 7 Sep, 17:50, "Capt. Rob" wrote:

Donal, you just go on and on proving that you're into bloated blvd.
cruisers and that's fine with me! It must be really killing you that I
will own such a car purely as a toy.
Noisy? BWAHAHAHAAAHHAHAHAHAHA!

R.

I've just seen the price of the Evo, and I feel that I owe you an
apology.
I didn't realise that it was such a cheap car. It was really very
unfair of me
to compare it to a DB9.

I'm very sorry, and I hope that you can find it in your heart to
accept
my apology.

Regards

Donal
--

Regards

Donal

posted to alt.sailing.asa

wrote in message
BS' stuff removed

I've just seen the price of the Evo, and I feel that I owe you an
apology.
I didn't realise that it was such a cheap car. It was really very
unfair of me
to compare it to a DB9.

I'm very sorry, and I hope that you can find it in your heart to
accept
my apology.

Regards

Donal
--

Hey Donal, I don't understand how you can compare the two cars. The Aston
Martin is actually beautiful. The Evo seems boxy and cheap looking. Don't

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On 7 Sep, 20:20, "Capt. JG" wrote:
wrote in message

BS' stuff removed

I've just seen the price of the Evo, and I feel that I owe you an
apology.
I didn't realise that it was such a cheap car. It was really very
unfair of me
to compare it to a DB9.

I'm very sorry, and I hope that you can find it in your heart to
accept
my apology.

Regards

Donal
--

Hey Donal, I don't understand how you can compare the two cars. The Aston
Martin is actually beautiful. The Evo seems boxy and cheap looking. Don't
know about the spec diffs, but esthetically, I'd rather have the AM.

--
"j" ganz

As I said earlier in the thread, a car is about
"Power, Beauty and Soul". Each ingrediant adds to
the cost.

Bob can easily measure the power, but he
seems incapable of assessing the Beauty or Soul.

I've placed my hand upon the rear of a DB9, and Bob
has read about the Evo's performance in a cheap
car mag.

The Aston is designed for someone who appreciates
true quality. The Evo is designed for someone who
wants to own a supercar, but cannot afford one.

The Evo makes a real statement about its owner.

Regards

Donal
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Wave bye, bye.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wtOBUKm4M0

posted to alt.sailing.asa

As I said earlier in the thread, a car is about
"Power, Beauty and Soul". Each ingrediant adds to
the cost.

Unfortunately the AM has no AWD, so it's useless in any area that gets
snow.

Bob can easily measure the power, but he
seems incapable of assessing the Beauty or Soul.

Pretty car, but the "soul" is in your head. Try driving a Lotus Exige
if you want soul.

I've placed my hand upon the rear of a DB9, and Bob
has read about the Evo's performance in a cheap
car mag.

Sorry, Donal, in the past month I've driven the Porsche 911 Turbo,
Cayman S, Lotus Exige & Elise, Evo X GSR and MR and the mighty GT-R.
Oh, but you've touched a bumper at a Costco? You know nothing at all
about cars.

The Aston is designed for someone who appreciates
true quality. The Evo is designed for someone who
wants to own a supercar, but cannot afford one.

Hmmmm, even taken at it's worst, Donal is actually throwing the Evo a
huge compliment. That's what many experts agree on; that the Evo X
actually beats many supercars and only costs 40K.

The Evo makes a real statement about its owner.

Only if the owner is a fellow like Donal who thinks a car can define a
human being! Good lord!

Hey, Donal, what does it say about me that I'm buying the best
handling and fastest production car in the world in 14-18 months? And
why do you care?
Probably because my cars are nicer than Donals.

R.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Sep 7, 3:09 pm, wrote:
On 7 Sep, 17:50, "Capt. Rob" wrote:

Donal, you just go on and on proving that you're into bloated blvd.
cruisers and that's fine with me! It must be really killing you that I
will own such a car purely as a toy.
Noisy? BWAHAHAHAAAHHAHAHAHAHA!

R.

I've just seen the price of the Evo, and I feel that I owe you an
apology.
I didn't realise that it was such a cheap car. It was really very
unfair of me
to compare it to a DB9.

I'm very sorry, and I hope that you can find it in your heart to
accept
my apology.

Appology accepted. You have no idea how foolish you look. You compared
a road car to a tuners car. One is designed to roll out of showroom as
a high end cruiser. The other is designed to be modified and possibly
raced. The Evo X can drive in snow and ice, the AM can't. The Evo is
already a popular race car, the AM will never be. But these are NOT
part of the design of the AM at all.
You have a LOT to learn about cars, but you should 1st try learning a
bit about telescopes. Go slow. It's not too late for you to learn,
Donal.

R.
posted to alt.sailing.asa

wrote in message
On 7 Sep, 20:20, "Capt. JG" wrote:
wrote in message

BS' stuff removed

[...]

I guess I should buy an Accord. I can't afford either!

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"jlrogers±³©" wrote in message
Wave bye, bye.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wtOBUKm4M0

And, it looks great doing it.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Sep 7, 7:41 pm, "Capt. JG" wrote:
"jlrogers±³©" wrote in message

Wave bye, bye.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wtOBUKm4M0

And, it looks great doing it.

In a straight line, yep. And on a twisty road the Evo will out-handle
the AM. And in rain or snow the Evo still performs. If you want
handling and brute speed, don't bother with a slow AM. Get the new
Nissan GT-R, which is among the best supercars built today. I tried to
get one and am on a waiting list.
I wonder what sad car poor Donal drives.

R.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Here. Donal....here is part of Jeremy Clarkson's review on the new X
in Euro trim. Mine will actually be a bit faster since I'm getting the
Ecutech upgrade. Read this if you have any interest in cars with more
than "heart and soul" but also actual spirit to perform.

"The heart and soul in question was its ability to remain composed and
absolutely controllable in a lairy, tyre-smoking four-wheel drift. No
other car I’d driven was able to do this, even slightly. It was
exquisite.

The new car is even better because when you turn into a corner it’s
the back that steps out of line. This means that even the portal
through which you must pass to get at the meat and veg is full of hair-
tingling joy.

Of course there are lots of buttons you can press to make the handling
different but those are for geeks and bores. All I can report is that
the basics of this car – the core – are monumentally, toweringly, eye-
wateringly brilliant.

Then there’s the speed. Yes, a Ferrari 430 is full of brio and passion
but get an Evo X on your tail and I guarantee that, unless it’s being
driven by a complete spanner, you will not be able to shake it off.
And now comes the really good news. When you have finished at the
track, the ride home is not bad either. Certainly it is way softer
than the Evos of old, much more comfortable. Also, the X doesn’t
require a service every 300 yards. And it’s garnished with higher-
quality plastics as well. Oh, and I nearly forgot. It has the single
best touchscreen central command sat nav system I’ve found in any car.
It’ll even give you the average speed, in a graph, of each of your
past 20 journeys. And of course it’s got four doors, seating for five
and a boot, which despite the fitting of a Grateful Dead bass speaker
was still large enough last night to accommodate my daughter’s back-to-
school requirements. "

Now this might sound like some fanboy if it didn't echo every other
review and my own driving experience with the car. Oh, and Ozzy's too.

Please let up know when you get the AM.

R.