Steve Daniels

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 23:32:57 -0400, something compelled "P.
Fritz" , to say:

Adolescent name calling, such an intellectual rebuttal...........

BTW no need to dream......

The only people more stupid than Jax are those that engage him in
"conversation".
JAXAshby

The only people more stupid than Jax are those who anchor on all chain in a
blow and then claim it was an "act of god" they dragged.

basskisser

"P. Fritz" wrote in message ...
"Karl Denninger" wrote in message
nk.net...

In article ,
JAXAshby wrote:

625 WHEN?

Prior to 1985 or so, a 625 was pretty goddamn good.

bullsquat. 625 on math was always poor at best. such students were

advised to
go into poly sci or art history.

You are completely full of ****.

Before roughly 1985 when the test was re-normed a 600 score on either

part
of the test was in the top 3 percent of all 18 year olds in verbal, and

the
top 5-6% in math. That ain't "poor" by any standard.

A 650 was in the top 1% verbal, and the top 2% in math. If you scored

at or
above 650 you probably would qualify for Mensa.

Among college-bound, a 650 in was in the top 4% in verbal, and top 8% in
math ability.

600 Verbals correlated with a roughly 130 IQ, as did a 650 in Math.

This all in the pre-renormed SAT world.

Post 1985ish when the test was re-normed those numbers became MUCH less
impressive.

Yup.......I recall that 1200 was the bench mark. (late 70's)....getting
that or higher was pretty much a guaranteed acceptance at any school in the
country

I believe at that time......you got 400 for showing up for the test.

I concur.
Harry Krause

Gene Kearns wrote:
On 28 Sep 2004 00:38:15 GMT, (JAXAshby) wrote:

You are trying to say that on LIS all chain rode anchors drag, but
they also rip out deck cleats..... how can it do both? I don't know
that LIS is known for whopper waves, which pretty much lowers your
argument to improper scope, which you alluded to in a previous post...
only to ignore your own words, since they disprove your position.

My parents had a tiny summer cottage adjacent to Long Island Sound for
more than 20 years, and I spent ALL of my summers while growing up in
Connecticut, from June through Labor Day, there.

During hurricanes, we'd get some interesting wind-generated waves,
biggies, but not the monsters you see during the same storms on the
Atlantic. We'd get a big storm surge, too. But most of the time, the
Sound was pretty calm, or a little choppy. Nothing that I couldn't
handle in the small boats my father gave me for summer use. And I mean
small.

There are some parts of the Connecticut side of the Sound where the
shorelines are rocky and the rocks extend out some distance into the
water. During extra low tides, we'd always see underwater structure
revealed that we never knew was there.

Then, as now, most boaters got along with a Danforth anchor, a short
length of chain and...get this...manilla rodes. Yep...real rope, as God
intended.

I had a mooring out in the little cove in front of where we lived. It
was a 100-pound mushroom in 20' of water attached to 80' 0f chain
attached to a stainless steel beer barrel. We yanked the mooring at the
end of each season, and back at my dad's shop, I'd clean off the chain
and in the spring, recoat it with copper anti-foul. We used the SAME
mooring for at least 20 years and even in hurricanes, it never dragged.
Did I say it was all chain?

--
We today have a president of the United States who looks like he is the
son of Howdy Doody or Alfred E. Newman, who isn't smarter than either of

What, me worry?

P.Fritz

"JAXAshby" wrote in message

The only people more stupid than Jax are those that engage him in
"conversation".

Come on.....it's sort of fun to make expose his stupidity.......just like
doing it to asslicker :-)

JAXAshby

Please point to reference, at any time, to "steady winds with no
waves."

genie, *you* made the arguement that no shock loads were involved, therefore
*you* argued the case of "steady winds with no waves."

dummy. can't you understand your own posts?
JAXAshby

genie, an Admiralty court doesn't adjudicate criminal cases.

btw, admiralty courts would be absolutely certain to understand the all chain
issue, for every last merchant marine out there understands it, and understands
it well.

genie, it took you decades to get an aircraft mechanic's license (easily gotten
by 18 year old boys). why do you think you might not take many, many more
decades to learn which of a boat the pointy end is?

genie, you anchor that way you will most certainly drag anchor on all chain.

*you* do that and hurt someone ***I*** will personally make absolute certain
you are charged with criminal activity. bet on it, just as you can bet on
being charged for driving drunk and injurying someone.

Please do. I'd love to see how your position and logic are dealt with
in an Admiralty Court. Why not cite some cases where all chain rode
was found to be dangerous.

Yep. Roll over and play dead.

do you also drive a boat drunk, genie? and you justify it how?

This is your idea of logical progression of thought and logic? No
wonder your Physics is so bizarre.

I repeat.
Here is what an anchor manufacturer says.... of course, what do they
know when faced with the superior intellect of Jaxian omniscience....

In rough weather, minimum recommended scope is 4 for an all-chain
rode, 7 for a combination chain/rope rode, and 10 for an all rope
rode. It is recommended that zinc coated Grade 30 or zinc coated Proof
Coil chain be used with load rated high quality zinc coated shackles
to US Federal specification RR-C-271d Type IV or equivalent. These
shackles exceed the strength of the chain while having pin diameters
small enough to pass through the extremity links of the chain. Where a
larger lower quality shackle of similar strength is used as a
substitute, a riveted joining link one size larger than the chain is
recommended for connection of the shackle to the chain.

=====References======
http://www.bruceanchor.co.uk/cast.htm
http://www.andrews.com/kysc/bt/anchorin.htm

What empirical evidence do you have to prove the manufacturer wrong?

Yep, thought so, again. Roll over and play dead.

Nice Doggy.....
--

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Southport, NC.

http://myworkshop.idleplay.net/cavern/ Homepage
http://www.southharbourvillageinn.com/directions.asp Where Southport,NC
is located.
http://www.southharbourvillageinn.linksysnet.com Real Time
Pictures at My Marina
http://www.thebayguide.com/rec.boats Rec.boats
at Lee Yeaton's Bayguide

JAXAshby

genie, you are a pip. you just agreed with me, in total.

"Gene Kearns"
Date: 9/28/2004 8:46 AM Eastern Daylight Time
On 28 Sep 2004 00:38:15 GMT,
(JAXAshby) wrote:

karl, knock it off. next time READ the frickin thread before you respond.

the
thread was about shock loads and some frickin idgit's claim that anchor are
SUPPOSED to drag because otherwise the shock loads (on an all chain rode)

would
break the deck chocks off.

I think if you re-read the thread for content, you'll see that outside
of your textbook-like Jaxian world, anchors are subject to the same
laws of physics that everything else is subject to.

The original quote was, "See if your CO soaked pea brain can
understand this: an anchor is not supposed to move but under certain
conditions, it does."

Anchors MUST drag at some point because they don't have infinite
holding power (perhaps you'll post a list of things that do). In
addition, their holding power is normally less than the tensile
strength of the rode (line or chain) and the strength of the deck
hardware.

You are trying to say that on LIS all chain rode anchors drag, but
they also rip out deck cleats..... how can it do both? I don't know
that LIS is known for whopper waves, which pretty much lowers your
argument to improper scope, which you alluded to in a previous post...
only to ignore your own words, since they disprove your position.

Not happy with this conundrum, though, you posit that a 20,000# boat
will create #40,000 of pull on an anchor and rode. Thus, creating the
"infinite holding power anchor" which surely must exist only in your
little universe. Please post examples of anchors (appropriate to a
20,000# boat) that have a holding capacity of 40,000#.

Ok, puppy, roll over and play dead.... beg

--

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Southport, NC.

http://myworkshop.idleplay.net/cavern/ Homepage
http://www.southharbourvillageinn.com/directions.asp Where Southport,NC
is located.
http://www.southharbourvillageinn.linksysnet.com Real Time
Pictures at My Marina
http://www.thebayguide.com/rec.boats Rec.boats
at Lee Yeaton's Bayguide

JAXAshby

abd then graduated to an L16, all before I was 20.

hoary, when I was 20 I was a professional killer. you, at 20, were still
trying to figure out why girls panties were smooth on the crotch.

Wow! Professional mechanic instructor

professional mechanic, not mechanic instructor. instructing people who don't
understant is way too much work.

at 14,

starting at 12, not 14

hit man

professional killer, not a hit man.

at 20.....

and now?

still feeling frustrated trying to "instruct" a severe idiot in even the most
simple of basics.