JAXAshby

genie, you are a pip. you just agreed with me, in total.

"Gene Kearns"
Date: 9/28/2004 8:46 AM Eastern Daylight Time
On 28 Sep 2004 00:38:15 GMT,
(JAXAshby) wrote:

karl, knock it off. next time READ the frickin thread before you respond.

the
thread was about shock loads and some frickin idgit's claim that anchor are
SUPPOSED to drag because otherwise the shock loads (on an all chain rode)

would
break the deck chocks off.

I think if you re-read the thread for content, you'll see that outside
of your textbook-like Jaxian world, anchors are subject to the same
laws of physics that everything else is subject to.

The original quote was, "See if your CO soaked pea brain can
understand this: an anchor is not supposed to move but under certain
conditions, it does."

Anchors MUST drag at some point because they don't have infinite
holding power (perhaps you'll post a list of things that do). In
addition, their holding power is normally less than the tensile
strength of the rode (line or chain) and the strength of the deck
hardware.

You are trying to say that on LIS all chain rode anchors drag, but
they also rip out deck cleats..... how can it do both? I don't know
that LIS is known for whopper waves, which pretty much lowers your
argument to improper scope, which you alluded to in a previous post...
only to ignore your own words, since they disprove your position.

Not happy with this conundrum, though, you posit that a 20,000# boat
will create #40,000 of pull on an anchor and rode. Thus, creating the
"infinite holding power anchor" which surely must exist only in your
little universe. Please post examples of anchors (appropriate to a
20,000# boat) that have a holding capacity of 40,000#.

Ok, puppy, roll over and play dead.... beg

--

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Southport, NC.

http://myworkshop.idleplay.net/cavern/ Homepage
http://www.southharbourvillageinn.com/directions.asp Where Southport,NC
is located.
http://www.southharbourvillageinn.linksysnet.com Real Time