JAXAshby

genie, you are -- as usual -- confused. I have never stated that anchors are
supposed to drag. a dragging anchor means the sailor has made an error. all
chain sailors make this error on purpose because they are too lazy to anchor
properly and wish to use an electric windlass (which is easier to use with all
chain).

"Gene Kearns"
Date: 9/27/2004 8:33 AM Eastern Daylight Time
On 27 Sep 2004 11:17:19 GMT,
(JAXAshby) wrote:

schackloof, you belong in jail. with all of your kind.

His "kind"? What, pray tell, do you mean by that?

his kind are the kind who purposely endanger the lives of others because

they
are too frickin lazy to anchor properly. you know, hoary, the clowns who

"drag
anchor" when in fact they purposely didn't set it correctly.

Geesh.... will you finally strike a pose and decide whether the
anchor should drag on not.

One post says it must drag, the next post says it mustn't drag... your
argument has been clearly fallacious from the beginning, however,now,
after posting a zillion times you have figured out that you were
wrong..... no matter which one you pick... go ahead, get it over with
and just decide *how* you are wrong.

Now, "Speak!"
--

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Southport, NC.

http://myworkshop.idleplay.net/cavern/ Homepage
http://www.southharbourvillageinn.com/directions.asp Where Southport,NC
is located.
http://www.southharbourvillageinn.linksysnet.com Real Time
Pictures at My Marina
http://www.thebayguide.com/rec.boats Rec.boats
at Lee Yeaton's Bayguide

JAXAshby

hoary, you do NOT get into any grad school based on a liberal arts degree you
"ended up with".

someone with an 800 in verbals would know that, hoary.

I got into an Ivy grad school on a fellowship that paid for tuition

hoary, you do NOT get into --- grad --- school, Ivy League or not, based

on
your SAT's. SAT's are used to determine undergrad admissions.

someone with an 800 in verbals would know that, hoary.

Refer back to your question, dickhead.
You asked:

"so, hoary, just what did you do with the liberal arts degree you "ended
up with" (your exact words) when you found out you couldn't be educated
in anything useful?"

My answer:

I got into an Ivy grad school.

Now, on your way...I'm sure your buddies at the bath house are wondering
where you are.

--
We today have a president of the United States who looks like he is the
son of Howdy Doody or Alfred E. Newman, who isn't smarter than either of

What, me worry?

Harry Krause

JAXAshby wrote:
genie, you are -- as usual -- confused. I have never stated that anchors are
supposed to drag. a dragging anchor means the sailor has made an error. all
chain sailors make this error on purpose because they are too lazy to anchor
properly and wish to use an electric windlass (which is easier to use with all
chain).

Really? I have an "electric" windlass, and a mostly rope, partially
chain rode...and you know what? It is perfectly easy to use. When I want
to raise the anchor, I simply engage the engine, move towards the rode,
and the windlass winds it up as we go. Usually the anchor comes up
easily. If it is hard stuck, I reverse, let out line, attach an anchor
ball, and use it to raise the anchor.

This would be easier with chain? If I were using all chain, I'd need an
anchor ball big as the pustule on your shoulders...

You're full of ****, JaxAss. There are so many variables in anchoring
that for you to claim that those who use all chain are lazy just shows
what a dumb**** you really are.

We today have a president of the United States who looks like he is the
son of Howdy Doody or Alfred E. Newman, who isn't smarter than either of
them, who is arrogant about his ignorance, who is reckless and
incompetent, and whose backers are turning the United States into a pariah.

What, me worry?
Karl Denninger

In article ,
JAXAshby wrote:

schackloof, you belong in jail. with all of your kind.

His "kind"? What, pray tell, do you mean by that?

his kind are the kind who purposely endanger the lives of others because they
are too frickin lazy to anchor properly. you know, hoary, the clowns who "drag
anchor" when in fact they purposely didn't set it correctly.

Oh give me a break.

If you have enough scope (like 10:1) anchors don't drag below their holding
capability. ABOVE it, they drag, of course.

Storm loads are extreme. There is also no guarantee that something won't
foul your rode (like, for example, another boat) and cause you to get loose
- often without any obvious reason AFTER the fact.

There were a LOT of boats that got loose in Ivan around here. I'll bet that
most of them got loose not because of their own mis-anchoring, but because
someone else dragged into them - it only takes one pinball in the machine to
screw dozens of people.

That's why I do EVERYTHING in my power to avoid anchoring out for such an
event, because while I have a shizload of brand new 3/4" rode to use for my
anchors, I cannot control the other guy who gets loose, and it takes very
little to screw you severely in a storm like this.

One little pontoon boat that comes from shore and blows into your rode will
hose you for sure.

Karl Denninger ) Internet Consultant & Kids Rights Activist
http://www.denninger.net My home on the net - links to everything I do!
http://scubaforum.org Your UNCENSORED place to talk about DIVING!
http://www.spamcuda.net SPAM FREE mailboxes - FREE FOR A LIMITED TIME!
http://genesis3.blogspot.com Musings Of A Sentient Mind
Karl Denninger

In article ,
JAXAshby wrote:

Yeah, well, I felt lucky to get a 625 in math

getting a 625 is lucky?

geesh, haory.

I've never made any
claims to being a math whiz.

obviously.

625 WHEN?

Prior to 1985 or so, a 625 was pretty goddamn good.

Nowdays its not all that good, because they "re-normed" the test, all to
make the lieberals look good.

Karl Denninger ) Internet Consultant & Kids Rights Activist
http://www.denninger.net My home on the net - links to everything I do!
http://scubaforum.org Your UNCENSORED place to talk about DIVING!
http://www.spamcuda.net SPAM FREE mailboxes - FREE FOR A LIMITED TIME!
http://genesis3.blogspot.com Musings Of A Sentient Mind

Harry Krause

Karl Denninger wrote:
In article ,
JAXAshby wrote:

Yeah, well, I felt lucky to get a 625 in math

getting a 625 is lucky?

geesh, haory.

I've never made any
claims to being a math whiz.

obviously.

625 WHEN?

Prior to 1985 or so, a 625 was pretty goddamn good.

Nowdays its not all that good, because they "re-normed" the test, all to
make the lieberals look good.

--

I'm on the cusp of being an old fart, Karl. I took the SATs in, oh,
1961, I'd say. It was a pretty good score in math, but my high school

He's still a very regular guy.

--
We today have a president of the United States who looks like he is the
son of Howdy Doody or Alfred E. Newman, who isn't smarter than either of
them, who is arrogant about his ignorance, who is reckless and
incompetent, and whose backers are turning the United States into a pariah.

What, me worry?
Hepsabar Schlarbek

Jesus! Reading some of JAX's posts are disturbing. Anybody know him
personally? Please say "NO"....
Harry Krause

Hepsabar Schlarbek wrote:
Jesus! Reading some of JAX's posts are disturbing. Anybody know him
personally? Please say "NO"....

There was a book and then a movie about him...

"Looking for Mr. Goodbar."