Harry Krause

JAXAshby wrote:
hoary, most people on LIS anchor properly, for the anchoring conditions on LIS.
namely, a largesh Danforth on a few feet of chain and a lot of nylon. people
who anchor on LIS seldom "drag anchor".

the people I have had a problem with are those frickin lazy *******s who use
all chain (because it runs through an electric windlass easier) and often on
too short of scope and then "drag anchor" across the anchorage hitting boats
all while claiming it is "an act of god" and not their fault at all. I was
nearly hit by two such lazy *******s in twenty minutes, one of which went on to
take out a 52 foot boat behind me.

There are lots of people with rope-chain combos who do not know how to
anchor, and whose anchors drag. There are plenty of situations where
you'll drag with almost any single anchor combo or technique. There are
inlets with significant winds and currents and tidal forces where it
doesn't matter what you are using, chair-rope, all chain, or a skyhook:
you're lucky if anything works in a reasonable amount of time. I'm sure
I have successfully anchored in places where you wouldn't dare.

Stop trying so hard to be the agent provocateur of boating knowledge. It
makes you look more foolish than your famous Speedo swimsuit photo.

hoary, I have sailed a number of places not on LIS. In fact, my own boat is at
this moment several hundred miles away from LIS.

Yeah...where...in Columbus, Ohio?

--
We today have a president of the United States who looks like he is the
son of Howdy Doody or Alfred E. Newman, who isn't smarter than either of

What, me worry?
Harry Krause

JAXAshby wrote:
I suspect Steve's SAT scores are higher than yours. I know mine are, and
I didn't do badly, and I expect Steve beat me on the math SAT. I only
got a 625 on that one.

hoary, neither you nor schlackoff has shown any aptitude whatsoever to indicate
a capability of getting even a 625 on math. if I had received such a low score
on my math I certainly would not have studied what I did. I would -- like you
-- have chosen something like PolySci or Art History.

Yeah, well, I felt lucky to get a 625 in math. I've never made any
claims to being a math whiz. I did get an 800 on my verbal SAT and a
perfect score of 152 on the National Merits. But in my era and at my
high school, those kinds of scores were not unusual. We have more than a
dozen kids in my junior class who got perfect scores on the Merits.

I ended up with a liberal arts degree. I had no interest in a
trade-school college education.

--
We today have a president of the United States who looks like he is the
son of Howdy Doody or Alfred E. Newman, who isn't smarter than either of
them, who is arrogant about his ignorance, who is reckless and
incompetent, and whose backers are turning the United States into a pariah.

What, me worry?
JAXAshby

I did get an 800 on my verbal SAT

yeah, sure, hoary. that is why you write so well.

at my
high school, those kinds of scores were not unusual.

hoary, I don't think you know what a score of 800 is. they are indeed unusual,
to say the least.
JAXAshby

I ended up with a liberal arts degree. I had no interest in a
trade-school college education.

spoken just like the little kid who when he realizes he will never be able to
reach the cookie jar claims he doesn't like cookies.

so, hoary, just what did you do with the liberal arts degree you "ended up
with" (your exact words) when you found out you couldn't be educated in
anything useful?
Harry Krause

JAXAshby wrote:
I did get an 800 on my verbal SAT

yeah, sure, hoary. that is why you write so well.

at my
high school, those kinds of scores were not unusual.

hoary, I don't think you know what a score of 800 is. they are indeed unusual,
to say the least.

Idiot. There were kids in my junior class who racked up scores
approaching 1600 for the pair, including a perfect 800 in either verbal
or math. I ended up with 1425, thanks to my verbal. I was pleased with
my math SAT. It was 50 points higher than my math PSAT the year earlier.

What was your verbal? 435?

--
We today have a president of the United States who looks like he is the
son of Howdy Doody or Alfred E. Newman, who isn't smarter than either of
them, who is arrogant about his ignorance, who is reckless and
incompetent, and whose backers are turning the United States into a pariah.

What, me worry?

Harry Krause

JAXAshby wrote:
I ended up with a liberal arts degree. I had no interest in a
trade-school college education.

spoken just like the little kid who when he realizes he will never be able to
reach the cookie jar claims he doesn't like cookies.

so, hoary, just what did you do with the liberal arts degree you "ended up
with" (your exact words) when you found out you couldn't be educated in
anything useful?

I got into an Ivy grad school on a fellowship that paid for tuition. I
still had to work to cover the other necessities.

My degrees were useful enough to teach me to never pose in a Speedo
bathing suit and allow the resulting photos to be published on the internet.

What are your degrees in, JaxAss? And are you still working as a towel
boy at the gay bathhouse?

--
We today have a president of the United States who looks like he is the
son of Howdy Doody or Alfred E. Newman, who isn't smarter than either of
them, who is arrogant about his ignorance, who is reckless and
incompetent, and whose backers are turning the United States into a pariah.

What, me worry?

Harry Krause

JAXAshby wrote:
hoary, once again you show you don't have a clew about the real world. why do
you do you do that?

Sorry, Jax-Ass, but this is another of those "conversations" your idiocy
has ended. Now, go slip on your Speedo and hustle on down to the
bathhouse where your buddies await you.

Ta-ta

--
We today have a president of the United States who looks like he is the
son of Howdy Doody or Alfred E. Newman, who isn't smarter than either of
them, who is arrogant about his ignorance, who is reckless and
incompetent, and whose backers are turning the United States into a pariah.

What, me worry?
JAXAshby

I got into an Ivy grad school on a fellowship that paid for tuition

hoary, you do NOT get into --- grad --- school, Ivy League or not, based on
your SAT's. SAT's are used to determine undergrad admissions.

someone with an 800 in verbals would know that, hoary.
Harry Krause

JAXAshby wrote:
I got into an Ivy grad school on a fellowship that paid for tuition

hoary, you do NOT get into --- grad --- school, Ivy League or not, based on
your SAT's. SAT's are used to determine undergrad admissions.

someone with an 800 in verbals would know that, hoary.

Refer back to your question, dickhead.
You asked:

"so, hoary, just what did you do with the liberal arts degree you "ended
up with" (your exact words) when you found out you couldn't be educated
in anything useful?"

My answer:

I got into an Ivy grad school.

Now, on your way...I'm sure your buddies at the bath house are wondering
where you are.