Harry Krause

JAXAshby wrote:
karl, knock it off. there ain't not a single thing "logrythmically" (sic)
about a catenary. look the frickin word up before you use it.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
NNNNNDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD frickin understand what it means.

dum cluck, you are karl. as in

Sheesh. I'm no fan of Karl's. I have no respect for most of his
political positions, and I think some of his beliefes in life are beyond
the bizarre, but...

Karl is one smart fella, one of the brightest who posts here. You are no
better than average, and you've got a really ****ty attitude about it.

I haven't done any competitive sailing in many years, but I'll bet you
dollars to doughnuts that if the two of us were racing each other in a
Lighting, a Star, or even a Blue Jay, or in fact, almost any sailing
dinghy, I'd be back at the clubhouse, drying sails on the lawn before
you made the turn around the last buoy. There's not the slightest
evidence from any of your posts that you sail anything...except,
perhaps, your mouth.

I sailed Blue Jays, Stars and Lightnings for many years in club races in
LI Sound, abd then graduated to an L16, all before I was 20. If I recall
your description of the sailboat you claim to own, it is somewhat of a
low perf tub.

You seem to get almost everything wrong, and you like to split hairs.
That does not make you a sailor.

--
We today have a president of the United States who looks like he is the
son of Howdy Doody or Alfred E. Newman, who isn't smarter than either of

What, me worry?
P. Fritz

"Karl Denninger" wrote in message
nk.net...

In article ,
JAXAshby wrote:

625 WHEN?

Prior to 1985 or so, a 625 was pretty goddamn good.

bullsquat. 625 on math was always poor at best. such students were

advised to
go into poly sci or art history.

You are completely full of ****.

Before roughly 1985 when the test was re-normed a 600 score on either

part
of the test was in the top 3 percent of all 18 year olds in verbal, and

the
top 5-6% in math. That ain't "poor" by any standard.

A 650 was in the top 1% verbal, and the top 2% in math. If you scored

at or
above 650 you probably would qualify for Mensa.

Among college-bound, a 650 in was in the top 4% in verbal, and top 8% in
math ability.

600 Verbals correlated with a roughly 130 IQ, as did a 650 in Math.

This all in the pre-renormed SAT world.

Post 1985ish when the test was re-normed those numbers became MUCH less
impressive.

Yup.......I recall that 1200 was the bench mark. (late 70's)....getting
that or higher was pretty much a guaranteed acceptance at any school in the
country

I believe at that time......you got 400 for showing up for the test.

Karl Denninger ) Internet Consultant & Kids Rights

Activist
http://www.denninger.net My home on the net - links to everything I do!
http://scubaforum.org Your UNCENSORED place to talk about DIVING!
http://www.spamcuda.net SPAM FREE mailboxes - FREE FOR A LIMITED TIME!
http://genesis3.blogspot.com Musings Of A Sentient Mind

JAXAshby

Way back when I took the SATs, 625 in math was in the
95th percentile, or so. Give or take a point.

give or take about 100 points. a 625 in math wouldn't get you into a community
college, hoary. 725 in math *might* make you a calc teacher in high school.
but 95% tile? not a chance.
JAXAshby

karl, *if* that is true, I scored in the top 2% of "all 18 year old" in verbal
and the top 99.99999% in math.

*I* don't believe that is true. Why do *you* state it is true?

btw, I joined Mensa in 1968, because I hoped to meet a belly dancer named
"Morocco". I met her in 1987, and within 60 seconds wished I hadn't.

[...]

Harry Krause

JAXAshby wrote:
haory, you can't remember when you were a junior in high school?

Sure. I even remember ...

okay. was it "sorta" 1961 or "sorta" a year or two or three or five earlier or
later?

It was 1961, the year after both Richard M. Nixon and John F. Kennedy
appeared on the New Haven Green during the 1960 Presidential campaign.
Got to see both in person (from a distance, of course)...my high school
wasn't that far away from the Green.

Here's some history of the Green.

--
We today have a president of the United States who looks like he is the
son of Howdy Doody or Alfred E. Newman, who isn't smarter than either of
them, who is arrogant about his ignorance, who is reckless and
incompetent, and whose backers are turning the United States into a pariah.

What, me worry?

JAXAshby

Yup.......I recall that 1200 was the bench mark. (late 70's)....getting
that or higher was pretty much a guaranteed acceptance at any school in the
country

nah. 1200 would get you into most state sponsered 4 year schools, where -- if
you were lucky -- you would graduate with a liberal arts degree in poly sci.

Harry Krause

JAXAshby wrote:
karl, *if* that is true, I scored in the top 2% of "all 18 year old" in verbal
and the top 99.99999% in math.

*I* don't believe that is true. Why do *you* state it is true?

btw, I joined Mensa in 1968, because I hoped to meet a belly dancer named
"Morocco". I met her in 1987, and within 60 seconds wished I hadn't.

Still have the clap, eh?

--
We today have a president of the United States who looks like he is the
son of Howdy Doody or Alfred E. Newman, who isn't smarter than either of
them, who is arrogant about his ignorance, who is reckless and
incompetent, and whose backers are turning the United States into a pariah.

What, me worry?
JAXAshby

I believe at that time......you got 400 for showing up for the test.

that is a fact. you got 200 points *each* for verbal and math just for showing
up. equilent IQ of 75.
JAXAshby

billie, you have been over-served. go sleep it off.

From what I was told, after he introduced himself the first time they met

he
said, "I bet you think I'm an asshole."

how does it feel to be found a fool, billie? Never in my life have I used
any
words such as that.

Really? That's funny cause you used a couple of those word in this very post.

among other things, I don't care what you think, so
would
never give a microsecond's thought to what you think.

I know this is very, very hard for you to do in your mental state, but try to
read for content. I never said you were speaking to me.

Capt. Bill

Karl Denninger

In article ,
JAXAshby wrote:

karl, *if* that is true, I scored in the top 2% of "all 18 year old" in verbal
and the top 99.99999% in math.

*I* don't believe that is true. Why do *you* state it is true?

Because it is.

Go look it up. Statistics for those years are available.

I don't care what you BELIEVE. I quote what I KNOW.

BTW, while you got 400 points for showing up for the test, it was entirely
possible to lose those points by guessing at answers.