JAXAshby

junnie, you fumb duck, this thread if about
about anchors, catenaries, chain....
that sort of thing.....

because I started the thread, pointing out how fumb ducks such ase you
endanger others' lives with your irresponsible actions.

so, junnie you now claim "anchors, catenaries, chain... that sort of thing" is

insulting and demeaning.

that, junnie, is as much as you are capable of contributing "about anchors,
catenaries, chain....that sort of thing....."

JAXAshby

two months later, the ****head who almost hit me in 20 knots off the Naval
Academy last fall, with two -- count 'em, two -- major CQR's down on all-chain
and more than recommended scope. Behind me was a guy who had been anchored for
more than a year -- including through Hurricane Isabel -- on 7 to 1 nylon and
one anchor and not dragging whatsoever.

ah, but the poor ******* didn't have an all chain windlass to pull his anchor
up electrically before he sailed. [sniff, sniff, poor boy]

wayne, you at too lazy to be allowed to own an EPIRB. it is best if you never
have children.

Wayne.B
Date: 10/5/2004 8:48 PM Eastern Daylight Time
On 03 Oct 2004 23:19:00 GMT,
(JAXAshby) wrote:

My boatshow going experience goes back to the 1950's. All chain rodes

didn't
start to become popular until the later 1980's and didn't really hit stride
until the mid 1990's.

Some people did it long ago, but most of them lost their boats early on.

================================================= =======

Total BS. Serious world cruisers have been using all chain rodes
since almost time eternal. These are the folks who bet their life and
their boat on the anchoring system every day.

Tell us about all the people you know who have lost their boats due to
a chain rode.

JAXAshby

shenn, "Dick and Jane" is advanced reading material for your kind.

From: (Shen44)
Date: 10/5/2004 10:24 PM Eastern Daylight Time
Subject: Anchors are SUPPOSED to drag?
From:
(JAXAshby)
Date: 10/05/2004 18:25 Pacific Standard Time
huh? wtf are you snorting, dood?

(Shen44)
Date: 10/5/2004 12:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time
From:
(JAXAshby)

Ever stop to think that the designer may have put that 350# of chain and
anchor
up there for a reason, other than just anchoring? Didn't think so.....

Shen

don't let reality intrude on your thought process, shun. reality can be

so
confusing to some people. ignore it.

BG In other words, you hadn't thought about it and now that you have, you
haven't a clue as to why...... hence, your "Doodle"speak response.

Shen

G Still tryin to figger it out, I see. Alas, the only way, Doodles, that
your
IQ could have 3 digits, is if it had 2 zeroes before the "1", so the odds of
you ever having a "clue" in our lifetime are nil.
As you seem to be taking an even greater thrashing than normal on this
thread,
I'll leave you to your halfwitted responses to others.

Toodles, Doodles.

Shen

From:
(Shen44)