JAXAshby

Do you have /any/ idea how much wind force would be required to pull any
appropriate scope of chain *straight*??

yes, **I** do. **I** also know how much force it takes to pull an all chain
rode from 18 knots to 20 knots. do you?
JAXAshby

Do you have /any/ idea how much wind force would be required to pull any
appropriate scope of chain *straight*??

obviously you don't, or you wouldn't ask such a stupid question.
JAXAshby

Do you have /any/ idea how much wind force would be required to pull any
appropriate scope of chain *straight*??

yes. but obviously you don't. not even close.

go google, little boy. google, and try to catch up with the high school boys,
dumb cluck.
JAXAshby

Why are you comparing an anchor to a rock under the water?

wtf???????????????????????????? are
**********************you*********************** thinking when
**********************************you************* ****************************
claim anchor is not
**************************supposed**************** *********************** to
move?

have you any idea what the the word anchor means?
JAXAshby

------------------------ Some-------------------- people ...

but they were abjectly stew ped clucks

.... did it long ago, but most of them lost their boats early on.

Sorry, Doodles. My 26' sloop had it in the 60's and I knew many others
with the same. None that I know of had any problems when properly employed.

'nuf said.

JAXAshby

So ..... In other words, YOU have NO experience using "all" chain,

are you ****ing kidding me? I also have no experience with suicide, but I
ain't also a dumb **** in that either.

just
some experience watching others with the same little experience, screw
up...... and from this typical, scanty information you make a "Doodles"
assumption.

otn

JAXAshby

350# of chain and anchor in the bow of any boat harms the sailing
capability of
that boat in the same fashion as having 350# of rail meat standing on the

bow.

More Doodles assumptions based on scanty information.

huh? 350# of anchor/chain on the bow is different -- in terms of boat
performance -- from 350# of rail meat on the bow just how??????????????
otnmbrd

JAXAshby wrote:
karl, you of all people really should know the difference between a boat and a
ship. you should also know (I bet you do) that a ship at anchor is under
constant positive watch and control. you should also know (I bet you do) that
in a really bad approaching blow, ships head to sea away from the storm.

Doodles, you obviously know less about ships than you do boats. Suggest
you stick to being wrong about boats.

otn

JAXAshby

I've been out in 20 knot winds (not by choice), but I sure wouldn't want
to anchor in them!

Oh, My GOD, garth!!!! two zero nots of wind, and you are frickin ang cored!!!!
otnmbrd

JAXAshby wrote:

.... did it long ago, but most of them lost their boats early on.

Sorry, Doodles. My 26' sloop had it in the 60's and I knew many others
with the same. None that I know of had any problems when properly employed.

'nuf said.

Exactly...... In your case it's obvious you don't know how to use "all
chain"