katysails

Default "Undesirable alien" buying a US flagged boat

Jax said: bet you thought Caryl Chessman was "cute", too.

I have no idea who that person is....

--=20
katysails
s/v Chanteuse
Kirie Elite 32
http://katysails.tripod.com

katysails

Jax compared a serial killer to Simon Cowell :Caryl Chessman=20

You really do have a very warped mind...what does a music producer have =
to do with a wackoid sociopathic murderer? And why would you interpret =
that I think someone is "cute" (which BTW means, bow-legged and not =
attractive) because I said they looked like someone else? If I said =
that I thought you looked like Mr Rogers on a bad sweater day does that =
imply I think you or Mr Rogers is cute? Get a life Jax....the Gong Show =
went off the air a long time ago...

--=20
katysails
s/v Chanteuse
Kirie Elite 32
http://katysails.tripod.com

JAXAshby

dave, *I* suggest you take a look at the word "control" as interpreted by the
courts.

sorry, jeffies, people have lost their documentation by letting noncitizens
control (meaning no citizen onboard) their documented boats.

I'd suggest you take a careful look at the meaning of "control" in this
context, bearing in mind that there are specific provisions dealing with
owners, officers and directors of a corporation. My suspicion is that
"control" is not synonymous with "operate." For example, if a person has the
power to elect a majority of a corporation's directors, he's generally said
to "control" the corporation, and might also be said to "control" the vessel
owned by the corporation, even if he's 1000 miles away from it.

Dave
S/V Good Fortune
CS27

JAXAshby

no, fleton. you were NOT thinking. quit lying like that.

sorry, jeffies, people have lost their documentation by letting noncitizens
control (meaning no citizen onboard) their documented boats.

I'd suggest you take a careful look at the meaning of "control" in this
context, bearing in mind that there are specific provisions dealing with
owners, officers and directors of a corporation. My suspicion is that
"control" is not synonymous with "operate." For example, if a person has the
power to elect a majority of a corporation's directors, he's generally said
to "control" the corporation, and might also be said to "control" the vessel
owned by the corporation, even if he's 1000 miles away from it.

Dave
S/V Good Fortune
CS27

I was thinking the same thing, Dave. In the context that Jax quoted,
but seems to misunderstand, I gathered the term control was *as in
effective ownership*, not the simple operation of a boat. In other
words, no "citizen" acting as a straw man while the boat is
effectively owned, or controlled, by a noncitizen.

Ric

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message
Ric,

You covert American Rights but knock our values.

No I don't I just want to buy a boat there. Why do you imagine I covet your
rights? I think Amerikans have far less rights than I have as a New
Zealander, or even as a French person. We have far more personal freedoms, a
freer press, a fairer government. I would never want to live in your
country - I just want to buy the boat then get out fast.

Ric

"katysails" wrote in message
Ric,
Aren't you afriad some half-crazed operative is going to come guning for you
one day?

Oh there's always loonies out there, especially in Amerika. But here in
France people are better balanced, and also not so gun-crazy.

Ric

"Plastiekske" wrote in message
Ric wrote:

So what was the status of the boat after it was deleted from

documentation?
As you mentioned earlier, you never registered it in Belgium because of

the
tax. Was the boat just not registered anywhere in the interim?

well, since I bought it less than three weeks ago, it's still lying in

it's slip in Georgia,
undocumented.

There's a catch-22 situation in this: in order to register the boat in

Belgium, it has to be
physically present in Belgium, but ... in order to sail it to Belgium, it

has to be registered

Ah that's useful to know, so in my case, as I want to sail it back to NZ
over a period of several years, I could just sail it unregistered.

Ric

"JAXAshby" wrote in message
yeah, the guy knowingly and deliberately committed a crime breaking a low

the
Brits feel is vital for their national security.

Read my book you muppet. You don't know what you are talking about clearly.

Now, the clown wants us to grant him a visa so he can what? Knowingly and
deliberately commit a crime breaking a law we feel vital for our national
security?

What law might that be? Buying a boat is now a crime in the USA? Wouldn't
surprise me...