Ric

Default "Undesirable alien" buying a US flagged boat

"Plastiekske" wrote in message
Ric wrote:

So what was the status of the boat after it was deleted from

documentation?
As you mentioned earlier, you never registered it in Belgium because of

the
tax. Was the boat just not registered anywhere in the interim?

well, since I bought it less than three weeks ago, it's still lying in

it's slip in Georgia,
undocumented.

There's a catch-22 situation in this: in order to register the boat in

Belgium, it has to be
physically present in Belgium, but ... in order to sail it to Belgium, it

has to be registered

Ah that's useful to know, so in my case, as I want to sail it back to NZ
over a period of several years, I could just sail it unregistered.