JAXAshby

Default "Undesirable alien" buying a US flagged boat

no, fleton. you were NOT thinking. quit lying like that.

sorry, jeffies, people have lost their documentation by letting noncitizens
control (meaning no citizen onboard) their documented boats.

I'd suggest you take a careful look at the meaning of "control" in this
context, bearing in mind that there are specific provisions dealing with
owners, officers and directors of a corporation. My suspicion is that
"control" is not synonymous with "operate." For example, if a person has the
power to elect a majority of a corporation's directors, he's generally said
to "control" the corporation, and might also be said to "control" the vessel
owned by the corporation, even if he's 1000 miles away from it.

Dave
S/V Good Fortune
CS27

I was thinking the same thing, Dave. In the context that Jax quoted,
but seems to misunderstand, I gathered the term control was *as in
effective ownership*, not the simple operation of a boat. In other
words, no "citizen" acting as a straw man while the boat is
effectively owned, or controlled, by a noncitizen.