Jonathan Ganz

Default Best Deck Gun?

Sure whatever. Have a nice day.

"Danny Taddei" wrote in message
I am gone... sailing... I only stopped by hoping to meet some real
sailors here. Since there are none then there is no point to being
around here. Freak? You people are an embarrassment.

Jonathan Ganz wrote:
Well, feel free to leave any time. And don't let the door hit
you in the ass on the way out.

What a freak.

"Danny Taddei" wrote in message

Oz1 wrote:

Nope, Sir Peter Blake, one of the finest men and sailors ever born.
BUT the situation is similar, he came out of the cabin armed when he
heard the rest of his crew being bailed up by thieves. He surprised
the thieves and was shot before he knew what happened.
If he had not had his gun, he would have been robbed and have had to
file an insurance claim. Unfortunately his widow had to buy a casket.

I am very sorry to hear of your loose of friend but his is not the
normal situation one encounters while cruising. Most of the theft is
from desperate men with large knives and they board at night when the
boaters are asleep. The sound of their walking wakes the owners and the
gun on board either arrests the perpetrators or ends the threat. Guns on
board are an absolute must if you intend to go anywhere in the not so
civilized world. My crew depends on my ability to protect them in all
matters. The ships I captain, both while acting as master of a freighter
and as master of my own sailboat while cruising have thousands of
dollars cash onboard as well as cargo of sorts be it cargo or crew. I
venture into waters that don't have anyone looking after it. My advice
should be listened to. the man that asked got good advice to protect
himself and crew. The whining from here is what I would expect from only
the most inexperienced of the most inexperienced. Those thinking that
armament is not necessary have reason to be embarrassed and a need to
become educated before they set sail. from what I have read in my short
look here I am surprised. I thought that an asa site would have sailors
with more experience then this does. From what I have read, the vast lot
of you here are less experienced then the basic keel boat certificates
that i have signed off on.

You are obviously of the weaker mindset and would never be welcomed
aboard my ships.

That's a relief.

Down unders laws against guns proved that if you don't
have guns you get more crime.

Really, you have obviously done a huge amount of research into the
subject.
Do you know how many people are shot dead in the US each day?

please tell me that you are not seriously comparing the number of US gun
wounds to australia. If you take an average per capita then we can talk,
but I am sure you are well aware that the us is something like
200,000,000 people and ausi is something like 25,000,000 counting
tourists. I am fully versed on your laws that went into effect a few
years back and the statistic that showed a 400% increase in homicide.
Are you aware of it? Anyway, I have wasted enough time on your lot here.
You had the nerve to insult my good advice and you have no experience to
work with. Since I have no reason to ever befriend you or your type for
any reason this will be my last post to you. You lose all that you could
learn from me and I can tell that would have been plenty. So, **** off
and go sail your beer can races, pat yourself on the back, and dream
about being a real man. It is about all you will ever be able to do.

Taddy, I'm amazed that a big recording studio mogul like you would
have so little respect for others.
Bwaaaahahahahahahahahahaaaa

f you know about my music then you must also know my reputation as a
sailor, pilot and instructor of both, still you think you know more then
I? I am sure you do not have any clue and you probably only see little
things you can pick up through google. I stay private and to sea for
large quantities of time. Anyone and everyone that knows about me knows
that. Most know the stories that have appeared about the incidents. if
you really knew you would have knowledge of that. So why do you stand
tall to me? I can't stand weakness and you are the flagship.

BTW, Mogul, Your website is down!
Bwaaaahahahahahahahaaaaaaaa!

I don't know what web site you are talking about. the only one I have is
up and working fine.
http://members.cox.net/sandycove/index.html

--
Danny Taddei
e-mail me at (remove no-worms-in-a-)

There's a horizon on every side. Let your soul inside be the guide and
lead the way.
http://members.cox.net/sandycove/index.html

--
Danny Taddei
e-mail me at (remove no-worms-in-a-)

There's a horizon on every side. Let your soul inside be the guide and
lead the way.
http://members.cox.net/sandycove/index.html

Jonathan Ganz

Folks, I give you the sophisticated guy called Danny:

http://members.cox.net/sandycove/cos...lamingo01.html

Also, I'm wondering which one is your wife?

http://members.cox.net/sandycove/cos...ichille01.html

Oh, uh huh... 70 kts. Sure thing buddy.

"Danny Taddei" wrote in message
I was bringing my boat to Miami from Los Angeles and found my sails in
need of repair when unexpected 70 knot winds jumped up from 4-7 knots
and took out my mainsail.

No. You're wrong. You don't have to stop or render help. You're
obligated to protect your boat and the people on it first. If and only
if you can help others without putting yourself in peril, then you should
render aid.

When you find men at peril while at sea it is internationally known to
sailors that you must stop to help. I was rendering services of life
jackets and water while trying to keep them off of my boat thereby
forcing me to sail them back to their country. The US will not allow US
flag ships to enter US ports with illegal immigrants and the boats with
those people will be forced back to the country of the people on board.
that would cause hell, trust me. The right thing and only thing to do is
control the situation before life threatening situations occur. The best
way I have found is to use a guard tactic to keep them off the boat and
call the coast guard. That is the recommended way by the USCG by the way
and not something I decided. I was about 10 miles west of Gun Cay when I
came across the 20. I have seen others but the situation was never as
desperate.

Wrong again. It shows good sense, which obviously you're lacking.

You are wrong, suggesting illegal actions and are not suggesting
seamanship. Maybe you are just unaware that if you find someone at sea
in peril that it is your legal duty to help. It is.

Perhaps you're just a loser, who is sailing from the liquor cabinate
to the barcalounger. You clearly know nothing about sailing or
safety at sea.

Perhaps I just happen to be someone with many 10's of thousands of sea
miles along coastal routes. I am.

Sure right. Whatever you say. You're obviously the expert.

have no idea where you have sailed but that is not the custom. If you
enter a port where firearms are restricted, there are 2 practiced
procedures. The first and most common is to put an official tape over
the gun locker not to be broken until the ship sets sail from the port.
The lessor used method is to check your guns with the port captain to
retake them upon checking out of the country. There is no other way to
deal with it and that is law under the treaty of sea fairing nations 1978.

If that's what you think, feel free to pack your guns and go sailing. I'm
certain we'll never cross paths, because likely you're too stupid to follow
one.

Jasson

I know the man and I can tell you that in 4 years of lurking I have seen
him come here at least 2 times. You same guys went after him like dogs.
Here in San Diego He is well known. He works with the stars and stripes
crew on some things but he is a ship captain and has traveled lots. I
have had beers with him and think he is a good guy. I don't write much
because I don't have much to say but now I do. I think there are some
dumb ass people here so let the door hit my ass too. You are a bunch of
dumb dickheads.

Capt. Mooron

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
| I've sailed in a lot
| of places, and none of them waranted caring firearms.

Yeah Okay.... California and the BVI's hardly rate as "a lot of places"
Ganz.
I carry an assault shotgun... It doubles as a line launcher with the kit
from Mossberg.

Nonetheless most people should not carry guns aboard since very few have a
grasp on their use and consequences. This Danny Taddei is your exact polar
opposite.... neither of you have a clue regarding use and deployment of a
firearm. Both of you should be banned from owning one.

CM

Donal

"Vito" wrote in message
katysails wrote:

Your question was long ago and far away.....The answer is ....maybe?

Wrong! Everybody who is anybody knows The Answer is 42!

..... but what was the question?

Regards

Donal

Capt. Mooron

I as usual....Fail to See your point Ganz?

Looks like this guy sails to places you might charter in because you are too
afraid to venture out of the harbour. You're a bay sailor and part time
charterer.... just because you instruct sailing isn't a reason to think you
might have a modicum of ability outside a protected harbour.

Let me high lite the facts for you Gay Ganz.... this dude has done it and
earned the bragging rights. You on the other hand consider having 200 boats
in close proximity as adventure sailing. You're delusional!

Jon fer pete's sake just shut up and listen to your betters.

CM

> [...]
| safety at sea.
|
| Perhaps I just happen to be someone with many 10's of thousands of sea
| miles along coastal routes. I am.
|
| Sure right. Whatever you say. You're obviously the expert.
|
| have no idea where you have sailed but that is not the custom. If you
| enter a port where firearms are restricted, there are 2 practiced
| procedures. The first and most common is to put an official tape over
| the gun locker not to be broken until the ship sets sail from the port.
| The lessor used method is to check your guns with the port captain to
| retake them upon checking out of the country. There is no other way to
| deal with it and that is law under the treaty of sea fairing nations
1978.

| If that's what you think, feel free to pack your guns and go sailing. I'm
| certain we'll never cross paths, because likely you're too stupid to

Capt. Mooron

Maybe Jasson is the Pacifist side and you two would get along famously?

CM

"Oz1" wrote in message
| On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 06:52:12 -0300, "Capt. Mooron"
| wrote:
|

| "Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
| | I've sailed in a lot
| | of places, and none of them waranted caring firearms.
|
| Yeah Okay.... California and the BVI's hardly rate as "a lot of places"
| Ganz.
| I carry an assault shotgun... It doubles as a line launcher with the kit
| from Mossberg.
|
| Nonetheless most people should not carry guns aboard since very few have
| grasp on their use and consequences. This Danny Taddei is your exact
polar
| opposite.... neither of you have a clue regarding use and deployment of
| firearm. Both of you should be banned from owning one.
|
| CM
|

| Besides that Taddei is schitzo he is both Danny and Jasson.
|

| Oz1...of the 3 twins.
| I welcome you to crackerbox palace,We've been expecting you.

Vito

katysails wrote:

Your question was long ago and far away.....The answer is ....maybe?

Wrong! Everybody who is anybody knows The Answer is 42!
Vito

Oz1 wrote:

... Sir Peter Blake, one of the finest men and sailors ever born.
BUT the situation is similar, he came out of the cabin armed when he
heard the rest of his crew being bailed up by thieves. He surprised
the thieves and was shot before he knew what happened.

Up to here we are I assume dealing with facts. Beyond that with your
assumptions. If he surprised the nervous thieves, it's likely they'd
have shot him anyway.

In any event, your attitude is most gratifying. You see, I was concerned
because my retirement income will be less than princely. But you've
given me new hope. It seems I can improve it considerably by robbing
unarmed Ozzies and Canadians .... (c:

Howard
jlrogers

Small arms for sailboats:

http://securityarms.com/20010315/gal...s/0700/745.htm

http://securityarms.com/20010315/gal...s/0700/710.htm

Heavy Weapons for Sail Boats:

http://arms.host.sk/firearms/rg6.htm

http://securityarms.com/20010315/gal...s/0800/876.htm

"Peter Wiley" wrote in message om...
"katysails" wrote in message ...
Never saw the point of walking round whacking balls.

?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Some here may not agree with you.....

Knew you'd pick up that straight line.... now, are you wearing the
black leather or the shiny rubber outfit when participating in this
sport?

Better not be too detailed or Simon might have to go buy a new
inflatable.

Peter Wiley