Capt. Mooron

Default Best Deck Gun?

No... we got big problems with marine Bearcats! Nasty things... the only
way to stop them is a shotgun at close range.

CM

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
| Well, I can certainly see why you're paranoid up there in
| Canada. Those people are pretty strange. Maybe the moose
| *are* as dangerous as they say. Do they swim out to you
| or do you solicit them?
|
| "Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
|
| "Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
| | I've sailed in a lot
| | of places, and none of them waranted caring firearms.
|
| Yeah Okay.... California and the BVI's hardly rate as "a lot of places"
| Ganz.
| I carry an assault shotgun... It doubles as a line launcher with the kit
| from Mossberg.
|
| Nonetheless most people should not carry guns aboard since very few have
| grasp on their use and consequences. This Danny Taddei is your exact
polar
| opposite.... neither of you have a clue regarding use and deployment of
| firearm. Both of you should be banned from owning one.
|
| CM

Frank and Ronnie Maier

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote...
Folks, I give you the sophisticated guy called Danny:

http://members.cox.net/sandycove/cos...lamingo01.html
...snip...
If that's what you think, feel free to pack your guns and go sailing. I'm
certain we'll never cross paths, because likely you're too stupid to follow
one.

This pathetic loser was trolling rec.aviation.* a few years back.
He'll probably fade away pretty quickly; that's what happened there,
anyway.

Frank
Jonathan Ganz

Last week.

"Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
You were lashing me???? I didn't notice... I must have been

drunk...again!

When did you hallucinate this Ganz???

CM

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
| As usual, you know nothing about the situation, given the only
| sailing you do is in your frozen wilderness.
|
| As far as I can see, the only thing he's earned is a good slap
| for being an idiot. Obviously, you're a slow learner. Aren't
| you tired of the lashing you took from me last time?
|
| "Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
| I as usual....Fail to See your point Ganz?
|
| Looks like this guy sails to places you might charter in because you

are
| too
| afraid to venture out of the harbour. You're a bay sailor and part

time
| charterer.... just because you instruct sailing isn't a reason to

think
| you
| might have a modicum of ability outside a protected harbour.
|
| Let me high lite the facts for you Gay Ganz.... this dude has done it
and
| earned the bragging rights. You on the other hand consider having 200
| boats
| in close proximity as adventure sailing. You're delusional!
|
| Jon fer pete's sake just shut up and listen to your betters.
|
| CM
|

| "Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
| | Folks, I give you the sophisticated guy called Danny:
| |
| | http://members.cox.net/sandycove/cos...lamingo01.html
| |
| | Also, I'm wondering which one is your wife?
| |
| | http://members.cox.net/sandycove/cos...ichille01.html
| |
| | Oh, uh huh... 70 kts. Sure thing buddy.
| |
| | "Danny Taddei" wrote in
message
| | I was bringing my boat to Miami from Los Angeles and found my

sails
in
| | need of repair when unexpected 70 knot winds jumped up from 4-7
knots
| | and took out my mainsail.
| |
| | No. You're wrong. You don't have to stop or render help. You're
| | obligated to protect your boat and the people on it first. If and

only
| | if you can help others without putting yourself in peril, then you
| should
| | render aid.
| |
| | When you find men at peril while at sea it is internationally

known
| | sailors that you must stop to help. I was rendering services of

life
| | jackets and water while trying to keep them off of my boat thereby
| | forcing me to sail them back to their country. The US will not

allow
| US
| | flag ships to enter US ports with illegal immigrants and the boats
| with
| | those people will be forced back to the country of the people on
| board.
| | that would cause hell, trust me. The right thing and only thing to
do
| is
| | control the situation before life threatening situations occur.

The
| best
| | way I have found is to use a guard tactic to keep them off the

boat
| and
| | call the coast guard. That is the recommended way by the USCG by

the
| way
| | and not something I decided. I was about 10 miles west of Gun Cay
when
| | came across the 20. I have seen others but the situation was never
as
| | desperate.
| |
| | Wrong again. It shows good sense, which obviously you're lacking.
| |
| | You are wrong, suggesting illegal actions and are not suggesting
| | seamanship. Maybe you are just unaware that if you find someone at
sea
| | in peril that it is your legal duty to help. It is.
| |
| | Perhaps you're just a loser, who is sailing from the liquor cabinate
| | to the barcalounger. You clearly know nothing about sailing or
| | safety at sea.
| |
| | Perhaps I just happen to be someone with many 10's of thousands of
sea
| | miles along coastal routes. I am.
| |
| | Sure right. Whatever you say. You're obviously the expert.
| |
| | have no idea where you have sailed but that is not the custom.

If
| you
| | enter a port where firearms are restricted, there are 2 practiced
| | procedures. The first and most common is to put an official tape
over
| | the gun locker not to be broken until the ship sets sail from the
| port.
| | The lessor used method is to check your guns with the port captain
| | retake them upon checking out of the country. There is no other

way
| | deal with it and that is law under the treaty of sea fairing

nations
| 1978.
| |
| | If that's what you think, feel free to pack your guns and go

sailing.
| I'm
| | certain we'll never cross paths, because likely you're too stupid to
| follow
| | one.
| |
| |
| |

Horvath

On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 15:04:22 -0700, Danny Taddei
wrote this crap:

If you are talking about Nicaragua then yes. it is a lot easier to sail
to Miami that way then through the rocky mountains. Maybe you can
suggest another route?

I take a plane.

Ave Imperator Bush!
Bush Was Right! Four More Years!
Wally

"Danny Taddei" wrote in message

Do you have a prticular reason for hanging around in bandit country?

If you are talking about Nicaragua then yes. it is a lot easier to sail
to Miami that way then through the rocky mountains. Maybe you can
suggest another route?

I don't know the area and I'm not in a position to suggest another route. I
was just wondering why one might choose to sail in relatively dangerous
areas. Gun or no gun, being in an area which is more likely to need a gun is
still more dangerous than being in a place where a gun isn't needed. Ergo,
why take the risk?

--
Wally
I demand rigidly-defined areas of uncertainty!

Peter Wiley

"Capt. Mooron" wrote in message ...
No... we got big problems with marine Bearcats! Nasty things... the only
way to stop them is a shotgun at close range.

Thought you'd carry a firearm to get a seal or 2. Works for fishermen
down here, long as there are no bleeding hearts about. Or sharks if
you're into 'sport' fishing. Personally I prefer a gillnet and a few
drinks to trolling or baiting fish (unlike a lot of people on this
n/g).

I'd think about carrying a shotgun or rifle aboard if I had the space,
but not for defence against pirates or thieves - vanishingly unlikely
need. Firearms are occasionally very useful tools and it depends what
you're doing, where the utility lies. In fact I have a rifle safe
aboard ship.

Peter Wiley

CM

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
| Well, I can certainly see why you're paranoid up there in
| Canada. Those people are pretty strange. Maybe the moose
| *are* as dangerous as they say. Do they swim out to you
| or do you solicit them?
|
| "Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
|
| "Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
| | I've sailed in a lot
| | of places, and none of them waranted caring firearms.
|
| Yeah Okay.... California and the BVI's hardly rate as "a lot of places"
| Ganz.
| I carry an assault shotgun... It doubles as a line launcher with the kit
| from Mossberg.
|
| Nonetheless most people should not carry guns aboard since very few have
| grasp on their use and consequences. This Danny Taddei is your exact
polar
| opposite.... neither of you have a clue regarding use and deployment of
| firearm. Both of you should be banned from owning one.
|
| CM

Danny Taddei

Wally wrote:
"Danny Taddei" wrote in message

Do you have a prticular reason for hanging around in bandit country?

If you are talking about Nicaragua then yes. it is a lot easier to sail
to Miami that way then through the rocky mountains. Maybe you can
suggest another route?

I don't know the area and I'm not in a position to suggest another route. I
was just wondering why one might choose to sail in relatively dangerous
areas. Gun or no gun, being in an area which is more likely to need a gun is
still more dangerous than being in a place where a gun isn't needed. Ergo,
why take the risk?

There isn't that much risk if you are prepared but also, that is the
route one takes to deliver a boat from LA to Miami. The route leaves
california, 2000+ miles of Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras, nicaragua, costa
rica, panama via the canal then north through the yucatan channel then
east to florida. The trip is about 8,000 miles when all is said and done
though if you are not stopping it is less. Nicaragua, by the way, is a
wonderful place with a few executions of awful. Only certain areas are
bad for people. The surf there is incredible because the wind is
offshore so often (although it gets a bit strong without warning and
there are lots of sharks)

I for one like going to places that no one else goes to- Sorry about
sounding a bit brash the first time. I thought you were being little
like the others here.

--
Wally
I demand rigidly-defined areas of uncertainty!
www.art-gallery.myby.co.uk

--
Danny Taddei
e-mail me at (remove no-worms-in-a-)
There's a horizon on every side. Let your soul inside be the guide and
lead the way.
http://members.cox.net/sandycove/index.html

Danny Taddei

I found this

One year after gun-owners were forced to surrender 640,381
personal firearms to be destroyed, including semi-automatic
..22 rifles and shotguns, a program costing the government
over 500 million dollars, the results are in...

A dramatic increase in criminal activity has been experienced.
Gun control advocates respond "Just wait... we'll be safer...
you'll see...".

OBSERVABLE FACT, AFTER 12 MONTHS OF DATA:

* Australia-wide, homicides are up 3.2%

* Australia-wide, assaults are up 8.6%

* Australia-wide, armed-robberies are up 44% (yes, FORTY-FOUR PERCENT)

* In the state of Victoria, homicides-with-firearms are up 300%

* Figures over the previous 25 years show a steady decrease in
homicides-with-firearms (changed dramatically in the past 12
months)

* Figures over the previous 25 years show a steady decrease in
armed-robbery-with-firearms (changed dramatically in the past
12 months)

* There has been a dramatic increase in breakins-and-assaults-of-
the-elderly

* At the time of the ban, the Prime Minister said "self-defense
is not a reason for owning a firearm"

* From 1910 to present, homicides in Australia had averaged about
1.8-per-100,000 or lower, a safe society by any standard.

* The ban has destroyed Australia's standings in some international
sport shooting competitions

* The membership of the Australian Sports Shooting Association
has risen to 112,000, a 200% increase, in response to the ban and
as an attempt to organize against further controls, which are
expected.

* Australian politicians are on the spot and at a loss to explain
how no improvement in "safety" has been observed after such
monumental effort and expense was successfully expended in
"ridding society of guns". Their response has been to "wait
longer".

Jonathan Ganz wrote:
It's not my job. Do your own research.

"Vito" wrote in message

Jonathan Ganz wrote:

... a gun on a sailboat is a bad idea. It's been proven over and over.

Could you cite those proofs? I've seen the same said for guns in homes.
For example, the premier anti-gun org here in the USA claims one is 37
times more likely to be shot with your own gun than use it in self
defense but closer examination proved that a lie - they'd juggled the
stats. It then came out that the org (HCI) had been established and
funded by churches to protect criminals from their victims!! With all
due respect that experience has made me suspicious of "proof" til I
check it out. Many intellegent, well meaning people have been duped by
these religious nut cases.

--
Danny Taddei
e-mail me at (remove no-worms-in-a-)
There's a horizon on every side. Let your soul inside be the guide and
lead the way.
http://members.cox.net/sandycove/index.html

Danny Taddei

Horvath wrote:
On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 10:36:56 -0700, Danny Taddei
wrote this crap:

I don't really know why I am bothering but just for fun- Nicaragua has
winds that come up from nowhere through the mountains and you must stay
"one foot on the sand" or get crushed 1 mile out, the coast guard does
not live in those waters, the nearest fuel stops are many hundreds of
miles apart, I like to sail rather then run out of fuel when I need it
and you can look up my master license with the uscg - they have my sea
hours. You can look at the pictures at the site and see that I have
sailed at least from LA to Miami. I have sailed much more- many 10's of
thousands and 20 thousand have been captain of long tow. How about you?

I won twelve trophies for racing, last year. I don't know how many
I've already won this year, but last week I got trophies for two first
places, and two second places during Race Week.

You should be proud of those trophies. I have a wall full of them that I
am proud of too.