Peter Wiley

Default Best Deck Gun?

"Capt. Mooron" wrote in message ...
No... we got big problems with marine Bearcats! Nasty things... the only
way to stop them is a shotgun at close range.

Thought you'd carry a firearm to get a seal or 2. Works for fishermen
down here, long as there are no bleeding hearts about. Or sharks if
you're into 'sport' fishing. Personally I prefer a gillnet and a few
drinks to trolling or baiting fish (unlike a lot of people on this
n/g).

I'd think about carrying a shotgun or rifle aboard if I had the space,
but not for defence against pirates or thieves - vanishingly unlikely
need. Firearms are occasionally very useful tools and it depends what
you're doing, where the utility lies. In fact I have a rifle safe
aboard ship.

Peter Wiley

CM