Capt. Mooron

Default Best Deck Gun?

Bull Pup 12 ga. guns..... not effective... barrel is too short, dispersion
too wide. Nice for room to room sweeps. To much gun for a "deck gun".

I use a Belgian Poaching Handgun. .410 ga. double barrels, swan triggers 8"
barrels.... clears a 10 square foot area at 10 feet. It's mounted to look
like a lamp but can be disassembled in seconds.

CM

"jlrogers" wrote in message
. ..
| Small arms for sailboats:
|
| http://securityarms.com/20010315/gal...s/0700/745.htm
|

| http://securityarms.com/20010315/gal...s/0700/710.htm
|

| Heavy Weapons for Sail Boats:
|
| http://arms.host.sk/firearms/rg6.htm
|

| http://securityarms.com/20010315/gal...s/0800/876.htm

| "Peter Wiley" wrote in message
om...
| "katysails" wrote in message
| Never saw the point of walking round whacking balls.
|
| ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Some here may not agree with you.....
|
| Knew you'd pick up that straight line.... now, are you wearing the
| black leather or the shiny rubber outfit when participating in this
| sport?
|
| Better not be too detailed or Simon might have to go buy a new
| inflatable.
|
| Peter Wiley

Jonathan Ganz

As usual, you know nothing about the situation, given the only
sailing you do is in your frozen wilderness.

As far as I can see, the only thing he's earned is a good slap
for being an idiot. Obviously, you're a slow learner. Aren't
you tired of the lashing you took from me last time?

"Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
I as usual....Fail to See your point Ganz?

Looks like this guy sails to places you might charter in because you are

too
afraid to venture out of the harbour. You're a bay sailor and part time
charterer.... just because you instruct sailing isn't a reason to think

you
might have a modicum of ability outside a protected harbour.

Let me high lite the facts for you Gay Ganz.... this dude has done it and
earned the bragging rights. You on the other hand consider having 200

boats
in close proximity as adventure sailing. You're delusional!

Jon fer pete's sake just shut up and listen to your betters.

CM

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
| Folks, I give you the sophisticated guy called Danny:
|
| http://members.cox.net/sandycove/cos...lamingo01.html
|
| Also, I'm wondering which one is your wife?
|
| http://members.cox.net/sandycove/cos...ichille01.html
|
| Oh, uh huh... 70 kts. Sure thing buddy.
|
| "Danny Taddei" wrote in message
| I was bringing my boat to Miami from Los Angeles and found my sails in
| need of repair when unexpected 70 knot winds jumped up from 4-7 knots
| and took out my mainsail.
|
| No. You're wrong. You don't have to stop or render help. You're
| obligated to protect your boat and the people on it first. If and only
| if you can help others without putting yourself in peril, then you

should
| render aid.
|
| When you find men at peril while at sea it is internationally known to
| sailors that you must stop to help. I was rendering services of life
| jackets and water while trying to keep them off of my boat thereby
| forcing me to sail them back to their country. The US will not allow

US
| flag ships to enter US ports with illegal immigrants and the boats

with
| those people will be forced back to the country of the people on

board.
| that would cause hell, trust me. The right thing and only thing to do

is
| control the situation before life threatening situations occur. The

best
| way I have found is to use a guard tactic to keep them off the boat

and
| call the coast guard. That is the recommended way by the USCG by the

way
| and not something I decided. I was about 10 miles west of Gun Cay when

| came across the 20. I have seen others but the situation was never as
| desperate.
|
| Wrong again. It shows good sense, which obviously you're lacking.
|
| You are wrong, suggesting illegal actions and are not suggesting
| seamanship. Maybe you are just unaware that if you find someone at sea
| in peril that it is your legal duty to help. It is.
|
| Perhaps you're just a loser, who is sailing from the liquor cabinate
| to the barcalounger. You clearly know nothing about sailing or
| safety at sea.
|
| Perhaps I just happen to be someone with many 10's of thousands of sea
| miles along coastal routes. I am.
|
| Sure right. Whatever you say. You're obviously the expert.
|
| have no idea where you have sailed but that is not the custom. If

you
| enter a port where firearms are restricted, there are 2 practiced
| procedures. The first and most common is to put an official tape over
| the gun locker not to be broken until the ship sets sail from the

port.
| The lessor used method is to check your guns with the port captain to
| retake them upon checking out of the country. There is no other way to
| deal with it and that is law under the treaty of sea fairing nations
1978.

| If that's what you think, feel free to pack your guns and go sailing.

I'm
| certain we'll never cross paths, because likely you're too stupid to
follow
| one.

Jonathan Ganz

Great post!

"Horvath" wrote in message
On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 22:20:59 -0700, Danny Taddei
wrote this crap:

Jonathan Ganz wrote:
What is with you? Why were in Nicaragua? Are you a member
of the local secret police? Perhaps you should be a bit more
careful about where you sail.

I was bringing my boat to Miami from Los Angeles and found my sails in
need of repair when unexpected 70 knot winds jumped up from 4-7 knots
and took out my mainsail.

What about your motor?

Why were you so close to obvious scumbag rafters? How could
they possibly try to "get on your boat"??

When you find men at peril while at sea it is internationally known to
sailors that you must stop to help. I was rendering services of life
jackets and water while trying to keep them off of my boat thereby

You couldn't call the Coasties while at a safe distance? Ever hear of
channel 16?

Why not just sail or motor
away? You dump them some water and move away. Only an idiot
or a fool would get close to desperate people on the high seas

You are wrong, suggesting illegal actions and are not suggesting
seamanship. Maybe you are just unaware that if you find someone at sea
in peril that it is your legal duty to help. It is.

Not if you can't get to them.

Sounds to me like you have extremely bad karma or are really
stupid or foodhardy to put yourself in these "dozen" incident
situations.

Perhaps I just happen to be someone with many 10's of thousands of sea
miles along coastal routes. I am.

Sure you are. Sure.

have no idea where you have sailed but that is not the custom. If you
enter a port where firearms are restricted, there are 2 practiced
procedures. The first and most common is to put an official tape over
the gun locker not to be broken until the ship sets sail from the port.
The lessor used method is to check your guns with the port captain to
retake them upon checking out of the country. There is no other way to
deal with it and that is law under the treaty of sea fairing nations

1978.

Port Captain? There's a Port Captain? What about the Starboard
Captain?

Ave Imperator Bush!
Bush Was Right! Four More Years!

Jonathan Ganz

Well, I can certainly see why you're paranoid up there in
Canada. Those people are pretty strange. Maybe the moose
*are* as dangerous as they say. Do they swim out to you
or do you solicit them?

"Capt. Mooron" wrote in message

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
| I've sailed in a lot
| of places, and none of them waranted caring firearms.

Yeah Okay.... California and the BVI's hardly rate as "a lot of places"
Ganz.
I carry an assault shotgun... It doubles as a line launcher with the kit
from Mossberg.

Nonetheless most people should not carry guns aboard since very few have a
grasp on their use and consequences. This Danny Taddei is your exact polar
opposite.... neither of you have a clue regarding use and deployment of a
firearm. Both of you should be banned from owning one.

CM

Danny Taddei

I don't really know why I am bothering but just for fun- Nicaragua has
winds that come up from nowhere through the mountains and you must stay
"one foot on the sand" or get crushed 1 mile out, the coast guard does
not live in those waters, the nearest fuel stops are many hundreds of
miles apart, I like to sail rather then run out of fuel when I need it
and you can look up my master license with the uscg - they have my sea
hours. You can look at the pictures at the site and see that I have
sailed at least from LA to Miami. I have sailed much more- many 10's of
thousands and 20 thousand have been captain of long tow. How about you?

Jonathan Ganz wrote:
Great post!

--
Danny Taddei
e-mail me at (remove no-worms-in-a-)

Wally

"Danny Taddei" wrote in message

I don't really know why I am bothering but just for fun- Nicaragua has
winds that come up from nowhere through the mountains and you must stay
"one foot on the sand" or get crushed 1 mile out, the coast guard does
not live in those waters, the nearest fuel stops are many hundreds of
miles apart, I like to sail rather then run out of fuel when I need it
and you can look up my master license with the uscg - they have my sea
hours. You can look at the pictures at the site and see that I have
sailed at least from LA to Miami. I have sailed much more- many 10's of
thousands and 20 thousand have been captain of long tow. How about you?

Do you have a prticular reason for hanging around in bandit country?

--
Wally
I demand rigidly-defined areas of uncertainty!

Jonathan Ganz

It's not my job. Do your own research.

"Vito" wrote in message
Jonathan Ganz wrote:

... a gun on a sailboat is a bad idea. It's been proven over and over.

Could you cite those proofs? I've seen the same said for guns in homes.
For example, the premier anti-gun org here in the USA claims one is 37
times more likely to be shot with your own gun than use it in self
defense but closer examination proved that a lie - they'd juggled the
stats. It then came out that the org (HCI) had been established and
funded by churches to protect criminals from their victims!! With all
due respect that experience has made me suspicious of "proof" til I
check it out. Many intellegent, well meaning people have been duped by
these religious nut cases.

Danny Taddei

Wally wrote:
"Danny Taddei" wrote in message

I don't really know why I am bothering but just for fun- Nicaragua has
winds that come up from nowhere through the mountains and you must stay
"one foot on the sand" or get crushed 1 mile out, the coast guard does
not live in those waters, the nearest fuel stops are many hundreds of
miles apart, I like to sail rather then run out of fuel when I need it
and you can look up my master license with the uscg - they have my sea
hours. You can look at the pictures at the site and see that I have
sailed at least from LA to Miami. I have sailed much more- many 10's of
thousands and 20 thousand have been captain of long tow. How about you?

Do you have a prticular reason for hanging around in bandit country?

If you are talking about Nicaragua then yes. it is a lot easier to sail
to Miami that way then through the rocky mountains. Maybe you can
suggest another route?

--
Wally
I demand rigidly-defined areas of uncertainty!
www.art-gallery.myby.co.uk

--
Danny Taddei
e-mail me at (remove no-worms-in-a-)
There's a horizon on every side. Let your soul inside be the guide and
lead the way.
http://members.cox.net/sandycove/index.html

Capt. Mooron

You were lashing me???? I didn't notice... I must have been drunk...again!

When did you hallucinate this Ganz???

CM

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
| As usual, you know nothing about the situation, given the only
| sailing you do is in your frozen wilderness.
|
| As far as I can see, the only thing he's earned is a good slap
| for being an idiot. Obviously, you're a slow learner. Aren't
| you tired of the lashing you took from me last time?
|
| "Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
| I as usual....Fail to See your point Ganz?
|
| Looks like this guy sails to places you might charter in because you are
| too
| afraid to venture out of the harbour. You're a bay sailor and part time
| charterer.... just because you instruct sailing isn't a reason to think
| you
| might have a modicum of ability outside a protected harbour.
|
| Let me high lite the facts for you Gay Ganz.... this dude has done it
and
| earned the bragging rights. You on the other hand consider having 200
| boats
| in close proximity as adventure sailing. You're delusional!
|
| Jon fer pete's sake just shut up and listen to your betters.
|
| CM
|

| "Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
| | Folks, I give you the sophisticated guy called Danny:
| |
| | http://members.cox.net/sandycove/cos...lamingo01.html
| |
| | Also, I'm wondering which one is your wife?
| |
| | http://members.cox.net/sandycove/cos...ichille01.html
| |
| | Oh, uh huh... 70 kts. Sure thing buddy.
| |
| | "Danny Taddei" wrote in
message
| | I was bringing my boat to Miami from Los Angeles and found my sails
in
| | need of repair when unexpected 70 knot winds jumped up from 4-7
knots
| | and took out my mainsail.
| |
| | No. You're wrong. You don't have to stop or render help. You're
| | obligated to protect your boat and the people on it first. If and only
| | if you can help others without putting yourself in peril, then you
| should
| | render aid.
| |
| | When you find men at peril while at sea it is internationally known
| | sailors that you must stop to help. I was rendering services of life
| | jackets and water while trying to keep them off of my boat thereby
| | forcing me to sail them back to their country. The US will not allow
| US
| | flag ships to enter US ports with illegal immigrants and the boats
| with
| | those people will be forced back to the country of the people on
| board.
| | that would cause hell, trust me. The right thing and only thing to
do
| is
| | control the situation before life threatening situations occur. The
| best
| | way I have found is to use a guard tactic to keep them off the boat
| and
| | call the coast guard. That is the recommended way by the USCG by the
| way
| | and not something I decided. I was about 10 miles west of Gun Cay
when
| | came across the 20. I have seen others but the situation was never
as
| | desperate.
| |
| | Wrong again. It shows good sense, which obviously you're lacking.
| |
| | You are wrong, suggesting illegal actions and are not suggesting
| | seamanship. Maybe you are just unaware that if you find someone at
sea
| | in peril that it is your legal duty to help. It is.
| |
| | Perhaps you're just a loser, who is sailing from the liquor cabinate
| | to the barcalounger. You clearly know nothing about sailing or
| | safety at sea.
| |
| | Perhaps I just happen to be someone with many 10's of thousands of
sea
| | miles along coastal routes. I am.
| |
| | Sure right. Whatever you say. You're obviously the expert.
| |
| | have no idea where you have sailed but that is not the custom. If
| you
| | enter a port where firearms are restricted, there are 2 practiced
| | procedures. The first and most common is to put an official tape
over
| | the gun locker not to be broken until the ship sets sail from the
| port.
| | The lessor used method is to check your guns with the port captain
| | retake them upon checking out of the country. There is no other way
| | deal with it and that is law under the treaty of sea fairing nations
| 1978.
| |
| | If that's what you think, feel free to pack your guns and go sailing.
| I'm
| | certain we'll never cross paths, because likely you're too stupid to
| follow
| | one.
| |
| |