Jeff Morris

Default Best Deck Gun?

You need a permit to shoot PWD'ers, and the season for water skiers is very short.

"Vito" wrote in message ...
Do y'all mount those new 25mm rapid fire guns or will a "Ma Duece" or
simply a .30 cal do?

Seriously, what are the legal and technical ramifications of firearms on
yachts?

TIA
Vito

XR750

"Jeff Morris" jeffmo@NoSpam-sv-lokiDOTcom wrote in message

You need a permit to shoot PWD'ers, and the season for water skiers is

very short.

PWCs are like deer here--you can only take one or two each season, depending
upon your license. But there's no bag limit on those taken with your
vehicle, er boat.

XR

Capt. Mooron

Small, Round, available...... dense. uniform, equal weight.

CM

"Vito" wrote in message
| "Capt. Mooron" wrote:
|
| I'm planning a deck cannon but I have to see what the most common size
of
| ball bearings are available.
|
| Why ball bearings?

Vito

"Capt. Mooron" wrote:

I'm planning a deck cannon but I have to see what the most common size of
ball bearings are available.

Why ball bearings?
Scott Vernon

Use American balls, they're much, much bigger than those in Canaduh.

Scotty

"Vito" wrote in message
| Do y'all mount those new 25mm rapid fire guns or will a "Ma Duece" or
| simply a .30 cal do?
|
| Seriously, what are the legal and technical ramifications of firearms on
| yachts?
|
| TIA
| Vito

Jeff Morris

Many years ago my brother had a model of an 1812 long gun (perhaps a chaser from the
Constitution?) milled out of carbon steel. IIRC, it had a bore of 3/4 inch which is the
same as the old Brown Bess musket. I assume he got the shot from the black powder folks -
he had a black powder license from the local police. I think the shot was 4 ozs. The
cannon maker claimed that with a full load it could shoot several miles, but the most I
ever saw it go was about 600 yards.

My brother always wanted to mount the cannon on my boat so we could "salute" the
Constitution when she goes out. I always declined, and nowadays it would be a serious
faux pas.

--
-jeff www.sv-loki.com
If you can't say something nice, say something surrealistic. -Zippy

"Vito" wrote in message
| "Capt. Mooron" wrote:
|
| I'm planning a deck cannon but I have to see what the most common size
of
| ball bearings are available.
|
| Why ball bearings?

Scott Vernon

Is .44 caliber too small?

"Vito" wrote in message
| "Capt. Mooron" wrote:
|
| I'm planning a deck cannon but I have to see what the most common size
of
| ball bearings are available.
|
| Why ball bearings?

Scott Vernon