BoatBanter.com

-   -   Best Deck Gun? (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/16124-best-deck-gun.html)

Jeff Morris June 25th 03 06:29 PM

Best Deck Gun?

You need a permit to shoot PWD'ers, and the season for water skiers is very short.

"Vito" wrote in message ...
Do y'all mount those new 25mm rapid fire guns or will a "Ma Duece" or
simply a .30 cal do?

Seriously, what are the legal and technical ramifications of firearms on
yachts?

TIA
Vito

XR750 June 25th 03 07:52 PM

Best Deck Gun?

"Jeff Morris" jeffmo@NoSpam-sv-lokiDOTcom wrote in message

You need a permit to shoot PWD'ers, and the season for water skiers is

very short.

PWCs are like deer here--you can only take one or two each season, depending
upon your license. But there's no bag limit on those taken with your
vehicle, er boat.

XR

Capt. Mooron June 25th 03 09:13 PM

Best Deck Gun?

Small, Round, available...... dense. uniform, equal weight.

CM

Vito June 26th 03 12:00 AM

Best Deck Gun?

Scott Vernon June 26th 03 12:06 AM

Best Deck Gun?

Use American balls, they're much, much bigger than those in Canaduh.

Scotty

Jeff Morris June 26th 03 12:06 AM

Best Deck Gun?

Many years ago my brother had a model of an 1812 long gun (perhaps a chaser from the
Constitution?) milled out of carbon steel. IIRC, it had a bore of 3/4 inch which is the
same as the old Brown Bess musket. I assume he got the shot from the black powder folks -
he had a black powder license from the local police. I think the shot was 4 ozs. The
cannon maker claimed that with a full load it could shoot several miles, but the most I
ever saw it go was about 600 yards.

My brother always wanted to mount the cannon on my boat so we could "salute" the
Constitution when she goes out. I always declined, and nowadays it would be a serious
faux pas.

--
-jeff www.sv-loki.com
If you can't say something nice, say something surrealistic. -Zippy

Scott Vernon June 26th 03 12:32 AM

Best Deck Gun?

Is .44 caliber too small?

Scott Vernon June 26th 03 12:42 AM