BoatBanter.com

-   -   Best Deck Gun? (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/16124-best-deck-gun.html)

Peter Wiley June 26th 03 06:35 AM

Best Deck Gun?

"katysails" wrote in message ...
....and WHAT.... may I ask is wrong with that!!!???????

It's just so...predictable....

Boy toys. Lotta fun can be had with a black powder cannon. Especially
when you have importunate racing types who want to overtake and expect
*you* to change course. Stern chaser acts as a wonderful motivator.

Peter Wiley

thunder June 26th 03 11:15 AM

Best Deck Gun?

On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 19:06:40 +0000, Jeff Morris wrote:

My brother always wanted to mount the cannon on my boat so we could
"salute" the Constitution when she goes out. I always declined, and
nowadays it would be a serious faux pas.

Faux pas? Nowadays you could expect return fire.

katysails June 26th 03 12:05 PM

Best Deck Gun?

Lotta fun can be had with a black powder cannon.

Cheaper: PVC pipe, taters, hairspray, cigarette lighter.....and the ammo is environmental...
--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

jlrogers June 26th 03 05:28 PM

Best Deck Gun?

Gads, not you again.

"Babs Johnson" wrote in message rthlink.net...
Katy,

Rest assured, the best guns are mine! 38DDD and ready for action. So tell me
sister bombshell, how have you gone about measuring the various sizes of
international balls? You do realize it's not the length that matters much,
but rather the bore.
I'm just dropping in, I'm so busy in my latest career, modelling rubber
clothing. Would you be interested in a rubber teddy I could sent you gratis?
Would you prefer talcum powder or petroleum jelly to help you to slip into
it?
Ever since the parking brake failed on that BMW and it rolled over me things
haven't been quite the same. I've had numerous software updates (just see
what happens when you hit ctrl-alt-del) and had to relearn how to walk in 8
inch stilleto heels with my repacked guns. Still, I have the best tips for
everyone so stay tuned!
The world's most famous bombshell and sailorette, and sister hot piece.

Babs Johnson

"katysails" wrote in message
Use American balls, they're much, much bigger than those in Canaduh.

I hadn't heard about an International Measuring Contest. Where do the

Ozzies stand in the rankings? And the Brits?

--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

katysails June 27th 03 12:04 AM

Best Deck Gun?

Would you prefer talcum powder or petroleum jelly to help you to slip into
it?

Babsy-baby...so nice to hear from you. Thanks, but no thanks on the rubber teddies. Latex allergies and all, you know. And
petroleum...honey...that's absolutely unenvironmental. And talc causes cervical cancer they say. You have to be more careful
there, girl.
--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

katysails June 27th 03 12:05 AM

Best Deck Gun?

Gads, not you again.

Hey...Babs is my buddy...it can visit whenever it wants.....
--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

Horvath June 27th 03 12:34 AM

Best Deck Gun?

On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 13:17:12 -0700, Vito wrote
this crap:

Do y'all mount those new 25mm rapid fire guns or will a "Ma Duece" or
simply a .30 cal do?

A 30 cal just doesn't have the firepower. The 25mm ammo is expensive,
so you don't want to burn up too much. Ma Duece is still da king.
With incendiary tracers, you can even take on the coasties.

Ave Imperator Bush!
Bush Was Right! Four More Years!

Horvath June 27th 03 12:38 AM

Best Deck Gun?

On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 19:06:40 -0400, "Jeff Morris"
jeffmo@NoSpam-sv-lokiDOTcom wrote this crap:

Many years ago my brother had a model of an 1812 long gun (perhaps a chaser from the
Constitution?) milled out of carbon steel. IIRC, it had a bore of 3/4 inch which is the
same as the old Brown Bess musket. I assume he got the shot from the black powder folks -
he had a black powder license from the local police.

You need a black powder license?

Peter Wiley June 27th 03 02:06 AM

Best Deck Gun?

"katysails" wrote in message ...
Lotta fun can be had with a black powder cannon.

Cheaper: PVC pipe, taters, hairspray, cigarette lighter.....and the ammo is environmental...

PVC fractures when you overload it, and black powder is just sulphur,
charcoal and potassium nitrate, which can be extracted from ****. Very
environmental propellant.

As for the ammo, IMO it's a better use for golf balls than the
original one. Never saw the point of walking round whacking balls.

PDW

Capt. Mooron June 27th 03 02:20 AM

Best Deck Gun?

Does the idea of a cannon that fires a round projectile propelled by an
explosion of black powder completely evade your reasoning??

In regards to a semi-auto .50 cal...... Friggin' amateur... you'd alter
the ejection port and mount it to the best location/elevation.

You're a dipstick Horvath!

CM