Capt. Mooron

Default Best Deck Gun?

Flags aren't Trophies Homeopath... deal with it.

CM

"Horvath" wrote in message
| On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 10:36:56 -0700, Danny Taddei
| wrote this crap:
|
| I don't really know why I am bothering but just for fun- Nicaragua has
| winds that come up from nowhere through the mountains and you must stay
| "one foot on the sand" or get crushed 1 mile out, the coast guard does
| not live in those waters, the nearest fuel stops are many hundreds of
| miles apart, I like to sail rather then run out of fuel when I need it
| and you can look up my master license with the uscg - they have my sea
| hours. You can look at the pictures at the site and see that I have
| sailed at least from LA to Miami. I have sailed much more- many 10's of
| thousands and 20 thousand have been captain of long tow. How about you?
|
| I won twelve trophies for racing, last year. I don't know how many
| I've already won this year, but last week I got trophies for two first
| places, and two second places during Race Week.
|

| Ave Imperator Bush!
| Bush Was Right! Four More Years!

Capt. Mooron

Well of course.... but the problem with a mentality about firearms like Ganz
has stemmed from media reports and no actual experience. I was taught to
handle firearms when I was 5 years old. I've always had them and have never
considered them more than a tool. Like a knife they have to be treated with
caution and respect.

I use a parkerized police model 12ga Mossberg because of the weight, style
and load capabilities. It's a pump and I like pump actions. It has the
ability to change barrels and can be altered with a barrel kit and insert to
fire special loads for firing the line launcher. This launcher kit is
excellent aboard a boat and can deliver an 1/8" heaving line to 200 meters.

Like I said before in this thread... the 2 worst prospects for guns aboard
are the "Rambos" and the "Wimps" . The Rambos think a gun will get them out
of any trouble and the wimps think it will get them into all the trouble.

As a survival tool a shotgun can't be beat. Cut the shells to have gunpowder
to start a fire. The sound of the gun fired in the international distress
code of 3 shots can be heard for miles. Food can be secured and self defense
capabilities are increased. I don't view self defense against people...
because were I have been the animals are way hungrier.

If you want to avoid "trouble" when sailing... use your wits.. not a gun.
Avoidance is by far the best defense. Never shoot at something you cannot
positively identify. Never use a firearm as a bluff or deterrent.... if it's
use is required it should be unseen, unexpected and direly required. I can't
remember too many occasions where that scenario has occurred.

Sir Peter Blake was a prime example of how not to use a firearm. I use #9
copper coated bird shot for in house rounds and since I reload my own shells
I reduce the powder load to allow it to just penetrate a piece of plywood to
below the veneer at 10 paces. Unfortunately my reloader and shotgun are
currently in a secure location at a cabin in the NWT. I'm having it shipped
down next week. Damn gun control and registration is screwing things up.

"This year will go down in history- for the first time, a civilized nation
has full gun registration! Our streets will be safer, our police more
efficient,
and the world will follow our lead into the future!"

ADOLPH HITLER, 1935

CM

"Peter Wiley" wrote in message
om...
| "Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
| No... we got big problems with marine Bearcats! Nasty things... the
only
| way to stop them is a shotgun at close range.
|
| Thought you'd carry a firearm to get a seal or 2. Works for fishermen
| down here, long as there are no bleeding hearts about. Or sharks if
| you're into 'sport' fishing. Personally I prefer a gillnet and a few
| drinks to trolling or baiting fish (unlike a lot of people on this
| n/g).
|
| I'd think about carrying a shotgun or rifle aboard if I had the space,
| but not for defence against pirates or thieves - vanishingly unlikely
| need. Firearms are occasionally very useful tools and it depends what
| you're doing, where the utility lies. In fact I have a rifle safe
| aboard ship.
|
| Peter Wiley
|
| CM
|
| "Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
| | Well, I can certainly see why you're paranoid up there in
| | Canada. Those people are pretty strange. Maybe the moose
| | *are* as dangerous as they say. Do they swim out to you
| | or do you solicit them?
| |
| | "Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
| |
| | "Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
| | | I've sailed in a lot
| | | of places, and none of them waranted caring firearms.
| |
| | Yeah Okay.... California and the BVI's hardly rate as "a lot of
places"
| | Ganz.
| | I carry an assault shotgun... It doubles as a line launcher with the
kit
| | from Mossberg.
| |
| | Nonetheless most people should not carry guns aboard since very few
have
| | grasp on their use and consequences. This Danny Taddei is your exact
| polar
| | opposite.... neither of you have a clue regarding use and
deployment of
| | firearm. Both of you should be banned from owning one.
| |
| | CM
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |

Bobsprit

This made me
jerk my pelvis forward and thus catch poor Willy in my zipper!

Next time meet William someplace where he has room.

Capt RB
Vito

Danny Taddei wrote:

Jonathan Ganz wrote:

...The FACT is that .. you're certainly a fool for traveling with a firearm.

WHY? Do you have any reason to say why?

I'm curious too, since I've seldom been without one since 7 years old
(now 64).

I did have one gun-related accident though. I'd just finished urinating.
As I stepped back to zip my fly the butt of the .45 in my IWB holster
hit on the stall, jabbing the front sight into my behind. This made me
jerk my pelvis forward and thus catch poor Willy in my zipper!

Cheers,
Vito

Oz1 wrote:

Danny Taddei wrote:

I don't know a jasson.

Not even the one that posted from your IP address?....

Dunno about Danny's ISP but mine dynamically and randomly (re)assigns IP
addresses from a block assigned them; so I get a different one every
session and somebody else gets the one(s) I was just using.

Don't irritate Danny - he'll have his emu kick yer dunnie down (c:

Wally

"Danny Taddei" wrote in message

There isn't that much risk if you are prepared but also, that is the
route one takes to deliver a boat from LA to Miami. The route leaves
california, 2000+ miles of Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras, nicaragua, costa
rica, panama via the canal then north through the yucatan channel then
east to florida. The trip is about 8,000 miles when all is said and done
though if you are not stopping it is less. ...

Isn't overland a viable option?

I for one like going to places that no one else goes to-

Fair enough.

Sorry about
sounding a bit brash the first time. I thought you were being little
like the others here.

I suggest you base your opinion of me on me, rather than on others. If we
were to assume that everyone in here is the same as "the others here", then
you would be the same as "the others" as well.

--
Wally
I demand rigidly-defined areas of uncertainty!

Danny Taddei

Wally wrote:

I suggest you base your opinion of me on me, rather than on others. If we
were to assume that everyone in here is the same as "the others here", then
you would be the same as "the others" as well.

Fair enough.

--
Wally
I demand rigidly-defined areas of uncertainty!
www.art-gallery.myby.co.uk

--
Danny Taddei
e-mail me at (remove no-worms-in-a-)
There's a horizon on every side. Let your soul inside be the guide and
lead the way.
http://members.cox.net/sandycove/index.html

Danny Taddei

Vito wrote:
Oz1 wrote:

Danny Taddei wrote:

I don't know a jasson.

Not even the one that posted from your IP address?....

Dunno about Danny's ISP but mine dynamically and randomly (re)assigns IP
addresses from a block assigned them; so I get a different one every
session and somebody else gets the one(s) I was just using.

Don't irritate Danny - he'll have his emu kick yer dunnie down (c:

That sounds like my set up. I have something called DCHP or some such
thing. My brother in law was trying to use my line the other day and
kept putting my ip address in but every time I would go off line to let
him plug in the ip would change. when I would go back online to check it
mine had changed.

I'm not to nerdy but I do know that there is software that hide behind
a fake ip. That is how the spammers send out so much and don't get
caught. Apparently OZ has a copy of the program that does this and he
certainly has enough drive t do it. He has been researching me trying to
find a weakness, as you might have noticed if you have been following
his rant.

--
Danny Taddei
e-mail me at (remove no-worms-in-a-)
There's a horizon on every side. Let your soul inside be the guide and
lead the way.
http://members.cox.net/sandycove/index.html

Danny Taddei

Oz1 wrote:

Dannys is static 68.8.189.3....Same as Jasson the guy Danny doesn't
know.....???

OZ you just stepped in it. There is no way to know if I am static or not
but there would be reason to try to convince someone that it was static
if you were worried about getting caught. Maybe I should just send this
thread to abuse and see what they think:-) If you sling it out some of
it is going to get on your hands - loser

Don't irritate Danny - he'll have his emu kick yer dunnie down (c:

Poor Taddy.

Oz1...of the 3 twins.

Danny Taddei
e-mail me at (remove no-worms-in-a-)
There's a horizon on every side. Let your soul inside be the guide and
lead the way.
http://members.cox.net/sandycove/index.html

Danny Taddei

Somewhere the wrong message was sent. I have a similar upbringing and
opinion to guns as you. I pray I never have to use one but have been in
a position to need one. They are tools and when a 12ga shell costs less
then a $30 lure that a shark decides to eat along with your catch it
actually starts to be a good investment too.

The parkerized finishes by the way don't help the inside so you still
will end up with a stick of rust over time - but the same is true for
the so called stainless steel models that are only SS on the outside.

Capt. Mooron wrote:
> [...]

| down here, long as there are no bleeding hearts about. Or sharks if
| you're into 'sport' fishing. Personally I prefer a gillnet and a few
| drinks to trolling or baiting fish (unlike a lot of people on this
| n/g).
|
| I'd think about carrying a shotgun or rifle aboard if I had the space,
| but not for defence against pirates or thieves - vanishingly unlikely
| need. Firearms are occasionally very useful tools and it depends what
| you're doing, where the utility lies. In fact I have a rifle safe
| aboard ship.
|
| Peter Wiley
|
| CM
|
| "Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
| | Well, I can certainly see why you're paranoid up there in
| | Canada. Those people are pretty strange. Maybe the moose
| | *are* as dangerous as they say. Do they swim out to you
| |
| | "Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
| |
| | "Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
| | | I've sailed in a lot
| | | of places, and none of them waranted caring firearms.
| |
| | Yeah Okay.... California and the BVI's hardly rate as "a lot of
places"
| | Ganz.
| | I carry an assault shotgun... It doubles as a line launcher with the
kit
| | from Mossberg.
| |
| | Nonetheless most people should not carry guns aboard since very few
have
| | grasp on their use and consequences. This Danny Taddei is your exact
| polar
| | opposite.... neither of you have a clue regarding use and
deployment of
| | firearm. Both of you should be banned from owning one.
| |
| | CM
| |
| |