Jonathan Ganz

Default Best Deck Gun?

Folks, I give you the sophisticated guy called Danny:

http://members.cox.net/sandycove/cos...lamingo01.html

Also, I'm wondering which one is your wife?

http://members.cox.net/sandycove/cos...ichille01.html

Oh, uh huh... 70 kts. Sure thing buddy.

"Danny Taddei" wrote in message
I was bringing my boat to Miami from Los Angeles and found my sails in
need of repair when unexpected 70 knot winds jumped up from 4-7 knots
and took out my mainsail.

No. You're wrong. You don't have to stop or render help. You're
obligated to protect your boat and the people on it first. If and only
if you can help others without putting yourself in peril, then you should
render aid.

When you find men at peril while at sea it is internationally known to
sailors that you must stop to help. I was rendering services of life
jackets and water while trying to keep them off of my boat thereby
forcing me to sail them back to their country. The US will not allow US
flag ships to enter US ports with illegal immigrants and the boats with
those people will be forced back to the country of the people on board.
that would cause hell, trust me. The right thing and only thing to do is
control the situation before life threatening situations occur. The best
way I have found is to use a guard tactic to keep them off the boat and
call the coast guard. That is the recommended way by the USCG by the way
and not something I decided. I was about 10 miles west of Gun Cay when I
came across the 20. I have seen others but the situation was never as
desperate.

Wrong again. It shows good sense, which obviously you're lacking.

You are wrong, suggesting illegal actions and are not suggesting
seamanship. Maybe you are just unaware that if you find someone at sea
in peril that it is your legal duty to help. It is.

Perhaps you're just a loser, who is sailing from the liquor cabinate
to the barcalounger. You clearly know nothing about sailing or
safety at sea.

Perhaps I just happen to be someone with many 10's of thousands of sea
miles along coastal routes. I am.

Sure right. Whatever you say. You're obviously the expert.

have no idea where you have sailed but that is not the custom. If you
enter a port where firearms are restricted, there are 2 practiced
procedures. The first and most common is to put an official tape over
the gun locker not to be broken until the ship sets sail from the port.
The lessor used method is to check your guns with the port captain to
retake them upon checking out of the country. There is no other way to
deal with it and that is law under the treaty of sea fairing nations 1978.

If that's what you think, feel free to pack your guns and go sailing. I'm
certain we'll never cross paths, because likely you're too stupid to follow
one.