Paul Schilter

Default Coast Guard Inspections

Larry,
I hear ya, our rights are being revoked, all in the name of terrorism.
Paul

"Larry W4CSC" wrote in message
snipped
Many of the unconstitutional stops-for-no-reason were thinly disguised

drug
raids without warrant or valid reasons. They dug around in the boat, I
think, because there were teens aboard my boat.

It's nonsense and ought to be stopped. I don't remember signing away any
of the Amendments to our Constitution at the DNR boat license

office.......

Larry W4CSC

Glenn Ashmore

USCG inspections and their legal power to do them have been a reality
for many years and have little to do with Homeland "Security". In fact,
with the new burdens and meager funding increase the CG will be hard
pressed to do as many as they have in the past.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

Scott Vernon

Which rights, specifically were revoked?

--
Scott Vernon
Plowville PA __/)__/)__

"Paul Schilter" paulschilter@comcast,dot,net wrote in message
Larry,
I hear ya, our rights are being revoked, all in the name of terrorism.
Paul

"Larry W4CSC" wrote in message
snipped
Many of the unconstitutional stops-for-no-reason were thinly disguised

drug
raids without warrant or valid reasons. They dug around in the boat, I
think, because there were teens aboard my boat.

It's nonsense and ought to be stopped. I don't remember signing away

any
of the Amendments to our Constitution at the DNR boat license

office.......

Larry W4CSC

L. M. Rappaport

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 01:48:27 GMT, "Scott Vernon"
wrote (with possible editing):

Which rights, specifically were revoked?

Amendment IV - The right of the people to be secure in their persons,
houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and
seizures shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon
probably cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly
describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be
seized.

Some would also say:

Amendment VIII - Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive
fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

Btw, no flame intended here. I personally believe when Ashcroft
proposed Patriot Act I and the provisions of Patriot Act II which were
subsequently buried in other legislation, he crossed the line.
--

Larry
Email to rapp at lmr dot com

Vito

#5 "No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous
crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in
cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual
service in time of War or public danger; ..." The SCotUS held that
Americans could resist unwarranted arrest as though it was a kidnapping and
to use deadly force up to do so, until the early 1900s. How times do change

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message
Which rights, specifically were revoked?

Vito

Wayne.B

#6 - In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right
to a speedy and public trial...

where to buy ex coast guard or river police Rigid inflatable boats harry palmer General 2 June 5th 04 04:21 AM
Just a few names... John Smith General 0 May 2nd 04 11:32 PM
Coast Guard Auxiliary sold Safety Decal? Capt Lou General 8 April 9th 04 05:03 PM
Coast Guard Auxiliary and Homeland Security Capt Lou General 88 January 18th 04 10:31 PM