L. M. Rappaport

Default Coast Guard Inspections

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 01:48:27 GMT, "Scott Vernon"
wrote (with possible editing):

Which rights, specifically were revoked?

Amendment IV - The right of the people to be secure in their persons,
houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and
seizures shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon
probably cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly
describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be
seized.

Some would also say:

Amendment VIII - Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive
fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

Btw, no flame intended here. I personally believe when Ashcroft
proposed Patriot Act I and the provisions of Patriot Act II which were
subsequently buried in other legislation, he crossed the line.
--

Larry
Email to rapp at lmr dot com