JayCeeCG

Default Coast Guard Inspections

Not to mention its a very BIG ocean and those rafts are very small. Don't
have a good radar picture either. Even in it's early days when the CG was the
US cutter revenue service, the coast guard has been boarding us citizens
vessels. The gov't has been at it since 1790....thats a lot of institutional
memory to have to overcome.

Law enforcement in the U.S. has become very heavy-handed, almost
bullying in its style and substance. CG stops and "inspects" U.S.
citizens' owned boats, but cannot find Cuban rafters on inner tubes at
coastline in FL.

When was the last time you saw a Cuban rafter on an inner tube carrying a
bomb? Sounds to me like they have their priorities straight.

Dave
S/V Good Fortune
CS27

Jared Crane

JAXAshby

Does the CG avoid sailboats?

yes, according to a coastie. said the coasties don't like climbing up on
sailboats -- it is a drag -- and usually everything is okay to boot.
JAXAshby

Does the CG avoid sailboats?

yes, according to a coastie. said the coasties don't like climbing up on
sailboats -- it is a drag -- and usually everything is okay to boot.

Larry W4CSC

(Capt Lou) wrote in
:

If the Coast Guard continues to board vessels with the latest CGAUX
safe boating decals displayed, why bother getting a decal? How many
times a month does a boat need to be boarded and inspected? Besides,
the 2004 USCGAUX decal has an isnurance company's name printed on it.
I am cutting it off of mine.

You should own a jetboat in Charleston, Capt Lou. There are several police
bureaucracies all looking for targets:
City of Charleston
County of Charleston
USCG
Dept of Natural Resources dressed up like SWAT teams in camo'd boats you
can't see in the dark trying to kill themselves and the person who ran over
them. They think Wappoo Cut is in the Mekong Delta and are playing GI Joe.

My little yellow Sea Rayder had the USCG-AUX current decal on it and I even
pointed it out to the Coasties. It meant nothing and was a waste of my
boating time to get the boat inspected. The inspection report from the
Coasties WAS worth keeping, however. I kept it handy at the helm to show
the other bureaucrats and they accepted the inspection report, even if it
were a few months old. I simply offered it with my driver's license and
the boat tax verification (registration) card. Showing it passed, only a
few went snooping around in the engine/storage compartment to make sure I
wasn't trying to sneak any Budweiser across the boarder from Mt Pleasant.

Many of the unconstitutional stops-for-no-reason were thinly disguised drug
raids without warrant or valid reasons. They dug around in the boat, I
think, because there were teens aboard my boat.

It's nonsense and ought to be stopped. I don't remember signing away any
of the Amendments to our Constitution at the DNR boat license office.......

Larry W4CSC
Larry W4CSC

(Capt Lou) wrote in
:

[...]

where to buy ex coast guard or river police Rigid inflatable boats harry palmer General 2 June 5th 04 04:21 AM
Just a few names... John Smith General 0 May 2nd 04 11:32 PM
Coast Guard Auxiliary sold Safety Decal? Capt Lou General 8 April 9th 04 05:03 PM
Coast Guard Auxiliary and Homeland Security Capt Lou General 88 January 18th 04 10:31 PM