Den73740

Default Coast Guard Inspections

Subject: Coast Guard Inspections

Are you aware of all the thousands of legal immigrants who were
recently arrested and jailed for many months, without any charges, and
then released?

Are you aware of all the thousands of illegal immigrants that think they are
entitled to drivers licenses and social services. Why isn't immigration at the
drivers license bureau.

Dennis
Scott Vernon

May be, but I have yet to notice any difference in my life. But then, I'm
not a criminal.

SV

"Paul Revere" wrote

A number of rights have been systematically violated in the name of the

"war
on drugs" but because the "war on terror" scares more people, public

support
for systematic violations of rights has more popular support.

L. M. Rappaport

On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 10:59:10 -0400, Gogarty
wrote (with possible editing):

....snip

Law enforcement routinely flouts all of these. But the Fourth Amendment in
particular has been a dead letter for many years, shot through with Supreme
Court exceptions.

Up until Ashcroft, LEA had to have probable cause and an order signed
by a judge. Granted, law enforcement abused the privilege, but now,
even judicial oversight is gone.
--

Larry
Email to rapp at lmr dot com

Paul Revere

In article , "Scott Vernon" wrote:
May be, but I have yet to notice any difference in my life. But then, I'm
not a criminal.

SV

And apparently not of Arabic descent either.

Many of those held without bail or legal representation were freed after weeks
or months in jail after being "cleared" of any crime.

"In Germany they came first for the Communists and I didn't speak up because I
wasn't a Communist. Then they came for the Jews and I didn't speak up because
I wasn't a Jew. Then they came for the trade unionists and I didn't speak up
because I wasn't a trade unionist. Then they came for the Catholics and I
didn't speak up because I was a Protestant. Then they came for me--and by that
time no one was left to speak up."

Written by Martin Niemöller(1892-1984)

"Paul Revere" wrote

A number of rights have been systematically violated in the name of the

"war
on drugs" but because the "war on terror" scares more people, public

support
for systematic violations of rights has more popular support.

Paul Schilter

Bruce,
I believe the U.S. Customs can also board without probable cause. I
understand that if you have a trailer boat they can follow you home and then
search the home. Customs has a lot of power.
Paul

"Bruce in Alaska" wrote in message
In article ,
Gogarty wrote:

You are in a boat you are fair game for LEA, anytime, anyplace.

Actually, the above is not quite correct. You are only "Fair Game"
for the USCG, and not from just any LEA. You may refuse any local,
State, or Federal LEO, to board your vessel without a Warrent. The only
exception, besides USCG, would be a US Marshal. When ever I needed
to board a vessel without the skippers permission (FCC Field Agent)
I had to go get a USCG Officer/NonCom, or the local US Marshal, and use
their authority to conduct my investigation. Only happened a few times
while I was a Fed.

Bruce in alaska
--
add a 2 before @

where to buy ex coast guard or river police Rigid inflatable boats harry palmer General 2 June 5th 04 04:21 AM
Just a few names... John Smith General 0 May 2nd 04 11:32 PM
Coast Guard Auxiliary sold Safety Decal? Capt Lou General 8 April 9th 04 05:03 PM
Coast Guard Auxiliary and Homeland Security Capt Lou General 88 January 18th 04 10:31 PM