Eisboch

Doug Kanter wrote:

Also at dinner tonight, my father demonstrate that he, like the others, will
permit himself to hear nothing negative about his president. I wasn't in the
mood to discuss politics, but he kept pressing to do so. He pointed out that
I still have a job because of Nookular Boy. Being an equal opportunity
aggravator, I reminded dad that our company's profits are getting hammered
by the price of oil, and asked him if he thought that was a good thing, or a
bad thing. Wrong question. The dinner went downhill from there. :-)

As the saying goes, "It takes two to Tango". It's too bad everyone
seems to think they have to win, when both parties can given a little
effort. Maybe a course like

http://www.bbll.com/ch22.html

should be included in every high school and college curriculum.

Eisboch
Short Wave Sportfishing

On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 05:27:48 -0500, Eisboch
wrote:

Doug Kanter wrote:

Also at dinner tonight, my father demonstrate that he, like the others, will
permit himself to hear nothing negative about his president. I wasn't in the
mood to discuss politics, but he kept pressing to do so. He pointed out that
I still have a job because of Nookular Boy. Being an equal opportunity
aggravator, I reminded dad that our company's profits are getting hammered
by the price of oil, and asked him if he thought that was a good thing, or a
bad thing. Wrong question. The dinner went downhill from there. :-)

As the saying goes, "It takes two to Tango". It's too bad everyone
seems to think they have to win, when both parties can given a little
effort. Maybe a course like

http://www.bbll.com/ch22.html

should be included in every high school and college curriculum.

You beat me to it!!!!

I've always taken the approach that any discussion is a series of
negotiable points. Once I can get a point of agreement, even if it's
only to discuss things quietly and respectfully, it's a start and
eventually, we can achieve some sort equilibrium and gain some
knowledge of what the other individuals want out of the discussion.

I'm living proof that it works - I lived in a house full of pinko
commies (unfortunately all related to me) and still live with one.
:)

Later,

Tom

"Beware the one legged man in a butt
kicking contest - he is there for a
reason."

Wun Hung Lo - date unknown
Eisboch

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:

I'm living proof that it works - I lived in a house full of pinko
commies (unfortunately all related to me) and still live with one.
:)

Later,

Tom

That's funny!

I think I could deal with a pinko commie. Try a horse lover if you want
a challenge.

Eisboch
Short Wave Sportfishing

On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 07:19:06 -0500, Eisboch
wrote:

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:

I'm living proof that it works - I lived in a house full of pinko
commies (unfortunately all related to me) and still live with one.
:)

Later,

Tom

That's funny!

I think I could deal with a pinko commie. Try a horse lover if you want
a challenge.

I've often wondered who is dumber - the horses or the people who own
them.

Later,

Tom

"Beware the one legged man in a butt
kicking contest - he is there for a
reason."

Wun Hung Lo - date unknown

Eisboch

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:

I've often wondered who is dumber - the horses or the people who own
them.

Later,

Tom

"Beware the one legged man in a butt
kicking contest - he is there for a
reason."

Wun Hung Lo - date unknown

Gotta be careful here. Mrs. Eisboch reads this NG once in a while.

Eisboch
Short Wave Sportfishing

On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 11:32:28 -0500, Eisboch
wrote:

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:

I've often wondered who is dumber - the horses or the people who own
them.

Gotta be careful here. Mrs. Eisboch reads this NG once in a while.

Then I will amend.

Horses or SOME of the people who own them.

Later,

Tom
Short Wave Sportfishing

On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 11:37:19 -0500, Harry Krause
wrote:

Eisboch wrote:
Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:

I've often wondered who is dumber - the horses or the people who own
them.

Gotta be careful here. Mrs. Eisboch reads this NG once in a while.

Horses are nice to rent at a nearby stable...for the half-day.

I had a mule once - great animal.

Later,

Tom

Eisboch

Harry Krause wrote:

Horses are nice to rent at a nearby stable...for the half-day.

I got brave a few months ago while Mrs. E. and I were having a cup of
coffee and discussing future plans. I mentioned that after 34 years of
marriage, raising three kids and being pretty much retired from work, we
now had many options open to us. Her horses, I suggested, are really an
anchor and limit our freedom to travel and explore new worlds. The
discussion went downhill from there until, in frustration, I said, "So,
I guess it's me or the horses, huh?"

Mrs. E. suggested that I don't make her make that choice.

End of discussion.

There is, however, one benefit to her horse hobby. I can use it as
leverage when I need a new gadget for the boat.

Eisboch

Short Wave Sportfishing

On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 11:50:40 -0500, Eisboch
wrote:

Harry Krause wrote:

Horses are nice to rent at a nearby stable...for the half-day.

I got brave a few months ago while Mrs. E. and I were having a cup of
coffee and discussing future plans. I mentioned that after 34 years of
marriage, raising three kids and being pretty much retired from work, we
now had many options open to us. Her horses, I suggested, are really an
anchor and limit our freedom to travel and explore new worlds. The
discussion went downhill from there until, in frustration, I said, "So,
I guess it's me or the horses, huh?"

Mrs. E. suggested that I don't make her make that choice.

End of discussion.

There is, however, one benefit to her horse hobby. I can use it as
leverage when I need a new gadget for the boat.

LOL!!

I do much the same, only it's redecorating and attending social
events. As long as I do so, everything is fine. :)

I still think I got the bad end of the deal though. My basic world
view is that everybody is suspect until proven innocent, intelligent
or acceptable. :)