Short Wave Sportfishing

On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 05:27:48 -0500, Eisboch
wrote:

Doug Kanter wrote:

Also at dinner tonight, my father demonstrate that he, like the others, will
permit himself to hear nothing negative about his president. I wasn't in the
mood to discuss politics, but he kept pressing to do so. He pointed out that
I still have a job because of Nookular Boy. Being an equal opportunity
aggravator, I reminded dad that our company's profits are getting hammered
by the price of oil, and asked him if he thought that was a good thing, or a
bad thing. Wrong question. The dinner went downhill from there. :-)

As the saying goes, "It takes two to Tango". It's too bad everyone
seems to think they have to win, when both parties can given a little
effort. Maybe a course like

http://www.bbll.com/ch22.html

should be included in every high school and college curriculum.

You beat me to it!!!!

I've always taken the approach that any discussion is a series of
negotiable points. Once I can get a point of agreement, even if it's
only to discuss things quietly and respectfully, it's a start and
eventually, we can achieve some sort equilibrium and gain some
knowledge of what the other individuals want out of the discussion.

I'm living proof that it works - I lived in a house full of pinko
commies (unfortunately all related to me) and still live with one.
:)

Later,

Tom

"Beware the one legged man in a butt