BoatBanter.com

-   -   Onward Christian Soldiers (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/24785-re-onward-christian-soldiers.html)

jps November 3rd 04 09:54 PM

Onward Christian Soldiers

In article et,
says...

Glad to read that you've finally got it. What were your expectations? Duh!

Butch

Yeah, just didn't give the Neochristians enough credit for having tin
hearts and straw for brains.

jps

Eisboch November 4th 04 10:27 AM

Doug Kanter wrote:

Also at dinner tonight, my father demonstrate that he, like the others, will
permit himself to hear nothing negative about his president. I wasn't in the
mood to discuss politics, but he kept pressing to do so. He pointed out that
I still have a job because of Nookular Boy. Being an equal opportunity
aggravator, I reminded dad that our company's profits are getting hammered
by the price of oil, and asked him if he thought that was a good thing, or a
bad thing. Wrong question. The dinner went downhill from there. :-)

As the saying goes, "It takes two to Tango". It's too bad everyone
seems to think they have to win, when both parties can given a little
effort. Maybe a course like

http://www.bbll.com/ch22.html

should be included in every high school and college curriculum.

Eisboch

Short Wave Sportfishing November 4th 04 12:13 PM

On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 05:27:48 -0500, Eisboch
wrote:

Doug Kanter wrote:

Also at dinner tonight, my father demonstrate that he, like the others, will
permit himself to hear nothing negative about his president. I wasn't in the
mood to discuss politics, but he kept pressing to do so. He pointed out that
I still have a job because of Nookular Boy. Being an equal opportunity
aggravator, I reminded dad that our company's profits are getting hammered
by the price of oil, and asked him if he thought that was a good thing, or a
bad thing. Wrong question. The dinner went downhill from there. :-)

As the saying goes, "It takes two to Tango". It's too bad everyone
seems to think they have to win, when both parties can given a little
effort. Maybe a course like

http://www.bbll.com/ch22.html

should be included in every high school and college curriculum.

You beat me to it!!!!

I've always taken the approach that any discussion is a series of
negotiable points. Once I can get a point of agreement, even if it's
only to discuss things quietly and respectfully, it's a start and
eventually, we can achieve some sort equilibrium and gain some
knowledge of what the other individuals want out of the discussion.

I'm living proof that it works - I lived in a house full of pinko
commies (unfortunately all related to me) and still live with one.
:)

Later,

Tom

"Beware the one legged man in a butt
kicking contest - he is there for a
reason."

Wun Hung Lo - date unknown

Eisboch November 4th 04 12:19 PM

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:

I'm living proof that it works - I lived in a house full of pinko
commies (unfortunately all related to me) and still live with one.
:)

Later,

Tom

That's funny!

I think I could deal with a pinko commie. Try a horse lover if you want
a challenge.

Eisboch

Short Wave Sportfishing November 4th 04 04:21 PM

On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 07:19:06 -0500, Eisboch
wrote:

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:

I'm living proof that it works - I lived in a house full of pinko
commies (unfortunately all related to me) and still live with one.
:)

Later,

Tom

That's funny!

I think I could deal with a pinko commie. Try a horse lover if you want
a challenge.

I've often wondered who is dumber - the horses or the people who own
them.

Eisboch November 4th 04 04:32 PM

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:

I've often wondered who is dumber - the horses or the people who own
them.

Later,

Tom

"Beware the one legged man in a butt
kicking contest - he is there for a
reason."

Wun Hung Lo - date unknown

Gotta be careful here. Mrs. Eisboch reads this NG once in a while.

Eisboch

Short Wave Sportfishing November 4th 04 04:47 PM

On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 11:32:28 -0500, Eisboch
wrote:

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:

I've often wondered who is dumber - the horses or the people who own
them.

Gotta be careful here. Mrs. Eisboch reads this NG once in a while.

Then I will amend.

Horses or SOME of the people who own them.

Later,

Tom

Short Wave Sportfishing November 4th 04 04:49 PM

On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 11:37:19 -0500, Harry Krause
wrote:

Eisboch wrote:
Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:

I've often wondered who is dumber - the horses or the people who own
them.

Gotta be careful here. Mrs. Eisboch reads this NG once in a while.

Horses are nice to rent at a nearby stable...for the half-day.

I had a mule once - great animal.

Later,

Tom

Eisboch November 4th 04 04:50 PM

Harry Krause wrote:

Horses are nice to rent at a nearby stable...for the half-day.

I got brave a few months ago while Mrs. E. and I were having a cup of
coffee and discussing future plans. I mentioned that after 34 years of
marriage, raising three kids and being pretty much retired from work, we
now had many options open to us. Her horses, I suggested, are really an
anchor and limit our freedom to travel and explore new worlds. The
discussion went downhill from there until, in frustration, I said, "So,
I guess it's me or the horses, huh?"

Mrs. E. suggested that I don't make her make that choice.

End of discussion.

There is, however, one benefit to her horse hobby. I can use it as
leverage when I need a new gadget for the boat.

Eisboch

Short Wave Sportfishing November 4th 04 05:11 PM

On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 11:50:40 -0500, Eisboch
wrote:

Harry Krause wrote:

Horses are nice to rent at a nearby stable...for the half-day.

I got brave a few months ago while Mrs. E. and I were having a cup of
coffee and discussing future plans. I mentioned that after 34 years of
marriage, raising three kids and being pretty much retired from work, we
now had many options open to us. Her horses, I suggested, are really an
anchor and limit our freedom to travel and explore new worlds. The
discussion went downhill from there until, in frustration, I said, "So,
I guess it's me or the horses, huh?"

Mrs. E. suggested that I don't make her make that choice.

End of discussion.

There is, however, one benefit to her horse hobby. I can use it as
leverage when I need a new gadget for the boat.

LOL!!

I do much the same, only it's redecorating and attending social
events. As long as I do so, everything is fine. :)

I still think I got the bad end of the deal though. My basic world
view is that everybody is suspect until proven innocent, intelligent
or acceptable. :)