Doug Kanter

"Dave Hall" wrote in message

How you can group all Muslims is laughable not to mention ignorant.

Not all Muslims are terrorists. But the majority of the recent
terrorists that we're fighting now are Muslims. To deny the influence
of that faith on their actions, is being ignorant.

Stumped by set theory in junior high school?

Doug Kanter

"Eisboch" wrote in message
news
Doug Kanter wrote:

Also at dinner tonight, my father demonstrate that he, like the others,

will
permit himself to hear nothing negative about his president. I wasn't in

the
mood to discuss politics, but he kept pressing to do so. He pointed out

that
I still have a job because of Nookular Boy. Being an equal opportunity
aggravator, I reminded dad that our company's profits are getting

hammered
by the price of oil, and asked him if he thought that was a good thing,

or a
bad thing. Wrong question. The dinner went downhill from there. :-)

As the saying goes, "It takes two to Tango". It's too bad everyone
seems to think they have to win, when both parties can given a little
effort. Maybe a course like

http://www.bbll.com/ch22.html

should be included in every high school and college curriculum.

Eisboch

Actually, that's how I conduct 99% of my life. But, my dad has a thing about
control, and the rest of the family has decided he needs to be ground down a
bit with a very coarse rasp. Otherwise, there's no living with him.

Eisboch

Doug Kanter wrote:

Actually, that's how I conduct 99% of my life. But, my dad has a thing about
control, and the rest of the family has decided he needs to be ground down a
bit with a very coarse rasp. Otherwise, there's no living with him.

I understand. Keep the faith, but also keep the harmony.

Eisboch
Short Wave Sportfishing

On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 05:58:03 -0500, Eisboch
wrote:

Doug Kanter wrote:

Actually, that's how I conduct 99% of my life. But, my dad has a thing about
control, and the rest of the family has decided he needs to be ground down a
bit with a very coarse rasp. Otherwise, there's no living with him.

I understand. Keep the faith, but also keep the harmony.

Heh - I read Doug's post and got a giggle out of it.

Here in Casa del Weirdo, the kids and wife just gave up. They finally
realized that I'm totally incorrigible and not salvageable..

Also, I just do things to tweak 'em a little - keeps 'em on their
toes. :)

Take care.

Tom

"The beatings will stop when morale improves."
E. Teach, 1717
DSK

Doug Kanter wrote:
.... But, my dad has a thing about
control, and the rest of the family has decided he needs to be ground down a
bit with a very coarse rasp. Otherwise, there's no living with him.

Same here. In some cases, the "coarse rasp" can be making it obvious
that you will not interact in any way shape or form, until the behaviour
improves. It's hard to be a control freak when people ignore you.

DSK

Eisboch

Dave Hall wrote:

Those of us who sit on the sidelines and throw out criticisms without
being privvy to ALL of the facts, are doing ourselves and our country
a huge disservice.

Dave

The main criticism that I have about GWB is his insistence that we
should spread democracy throughout the Arab world. We have no right to
do so.

Requiring adherence of an aggressive nation (after defeat) to a set of
approved and dictated UN conditions, to which the defeated nation agreed
to, is an entirely different matter. There is no point in imposing the
conditions if they aren't enforced.

Eisboch
thunder

On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 07:29:47 -0500, Dave Hall wrote:

It's this kind of thinking that resulted in over 110,000
Japanese-Americans being "relocated" at the beginning of Wo rldWarII.

When you are at war, you have to cover your bases.

Cover your bases? By interning American citizens?
Doug Kanter

"Dave Hall" wrote in message
On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 02:05:31 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

"Dave Hall" wrote in message
.. .

How you can group all Muslims is laughable not to mention ignorant.

Not all Muslims are terrorists. But the majority of the recent
terrorists that we're fighting now are Muslims. To deny the influence
of that faith on their actions, is being ignorant.

Stumped by set theory in junior high school?

Huh?

Dave

Just as I thought. Go sit in the corner and drink your chocolate milk,
child.

Short Wave Sportfishing

On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 18:34:51 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

"Dave Hall" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 02:05:31 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

"Dave Hall" wrote in message
.. .

How you can group all Muslims is laughable not to mention ignorant.

Not all Muslims are terrorists. But the majority of the recent
terrorists that we're fighting now are Muslims. To deny the influence
of that faith on their actions, is being ignorant.

Stumped by set theory in junior high school?

Huh?

Just as I thought. Go sit in the corner and drink your chocolate milk,
child.

That wasn't fair Doug. :)

All the best,

Tom

"What the hell's the deal with this newsgroup...
is there a computer terminal in the day room of
some looney bin somewhere?"

Bilgeman - circa 2004