Default Yo Bill...to take the heat off

On Tue, 19 Sep 2017 10:27:48 -0400 (EDT), justan wrote:

John H Wrote in message:
On Tue, 19 Sep 2017 01:07:20 -0400, wrote:

On Mon, 18 Sep 2017 15:29:44 -0400, John H
wrote:

I did that in the pool once and it took a year to get over it

Did you bust the heel bone (calcaneus)? The ER doc said surgery with screws and plates. I'm hoping
she was exaggerating. But, the more I read about it, the less I like it!

I was afraid that was what it was but it was just a severely smashed
planar tendon. They talked about doing a lot of stuff but I just wore
cross trainers for about a year instead of my boat shoes and it got
better. I still get a twinge now and then but I am basically OK.

In this case there's no doubt the bone is broke in a few places. But it's not dislocated, so maybe
screws won't be necessary. I'll know a lot more this afternoon when the Doc has looked at the
X-rays.

Hopefully all you will need as a cast so the bones can mend by
themselves. Good luck.

Back from the doc. Only one break, but it goes from the top almost to the bottom and then bends back
towards the back of the bone. The entire bone is broken, but not much displaced. Therefore he thinks
surgery will not be necessary. He'll know more after a CT scan on Thursday. Right now he's thinking
2-3 months in the boot with no weight on the foot.

Am investing in one of these:
https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/...311653608.html

Maybe I can motorize it later. Probably outrun a Ducati!

Default Yo Bill...to take the heat off (0/1)

On Tue, 19 Sep 2017 21:32:01 -0400, wrote:

wrote:

I did that in the pool once and it took a year to get over it

Did you bust the heel bone (calcaneus)? The ER doc said surgery with screws and plates. I'm hoping
she was exaggerating. But, the more I read about it, the less I like it!

I was afraid that was what it was but it was just a severely smashed
planar tendon. They talked about doing a lot of stuff but I just wore
cross trainers for about a year instead of my boat shoes and it got
better. I still get a twinge now and then but I am basically OK.

In this case there's no doubt the bone is broke in a few places. But it's not dislocated, so maybe
screws won't be necessary. I'll know a lot more this afternoon when the Doc has looked at the
X-rays.

The VA must be living in the 20th century. The girl shot several xrays
of my foot and seconds later the doc was looking at them on his
computer. (turning, zooming and all the other computer tricks)

No VA involvement. I was taken to a nearby hospital ER. The radiologist provided a written
description and a CD with the pictures to the attending doc in ER. She inserted the CD and showed me
what she thought were fractures. She thought one 'L' shaped fracture was two smaller fractures. I'll
see if I can post a picture of the X-ray just for the hell of it. The second pic is a crop showing
just the fracture. Imagine an 'L' tilted clockwise about 20 degrees.

We'll see if this works.

wrote:

[...]

What's with the "Cute burgundy color!" description....

wrote:

[...]

Not unusual though. The VA offered me an ultrasound scan as a general
screening for guys my age. They are looking for the risk of an
abdominal aortic aneurysm which can be deadly because there are no
symptoms and if the artery bursts it's usually fatal because you can't
get to the hospital in time. The lab tech (quite the cutie!) probably
tested guys all day and then later a doc reviewed all the test scans.
The VA is pretty good about this stuff. They follow up with a phone
call later and then a letter in the mail with the results. I was fine.
No risk of an aneurysm.

My doc found my abdominal aortic aneurysm during a routine physical. He put my hand on my stomach
and said 'feel this'. I said I felt my heartbeat. He said I shouldn't be able to feel it there.
Ultrasound scan showed it to be expanded to about 4.5cm. Normal size is about 2.5cm. We monitored,
but within a year it had gotten to 6.5cm, which is when it got repaired. Plastic tubing. Smokers are
more at risk for these than non-smokers, so don't start smoking!

wrote:

[...]

I was a smoker for years but have all but given it up as of about 4
years ago. I confess though, that once in a great while when I am with
someone who smokes, I'll bum one from him and light up. I know I
shouldn't but it feels sooooooo good. I have to redouble my commitment
not to smoke afterwards.

wrote:

[...]

Will they let you use that on the green?

wrote:

[...]

What part don't you understand?

Where's The Heat? Red Cruising 8 March 22nd 08 05:11 AM
Heat/NE Thom Stewart ASA 3 July 17th 06 04:15 PM
Boat Heat Matt General 1 March 5th 05 03:10 PM
"When the heat got on..." NOYB General 255 January 20th 05 06:24 PM
Let there be heat! Gould 0738 General 4 November 29th 04 01:41 AM