John H[_2_] John H[_2_] is offline

Default Yo Bill...to take the heat off (0/1)

On Tue, 19 Sep 2017 21:32:01 -0400, wrote:

On Tue, 19 Sep 2017 10:23:20 -0400, John H
wrote:

On Tue, 19 Sep 2017 01:07:20 -0400,
wrote:

On Mon, 18 Sep 2017 15:29:44 -0400, John H
wrote:

I did that in the pool once and it took a year to get over it

Did you bust the heel bone (calcaneus)? The ER doc said surgery with screws and plates. I'm hoping
she was exaggerating. But, the more I read about it, the less I like it!

I was afraid that was what it was but it was just a severely smashed
planar tendon. They talked about doing a lot of stuff but I just wore
cross trainers for about a year instead of my boat shoes and it got
better. I still get a twinge now and then but I am basically OK.

In this case there's no doubt the bone is broke in a few places. But it's not dislocated, so maybe
screws won't be necessary. I'll know a lot more this afternoon when the Doc has looked at the
X-rays.

The VA must be living in the 20th century. The girl shot several xrays
of my foot and seconds later the doc was looking at them on his
computer. (turning, zooming and all the other computer tricks)

No VA involvement. I was taken to a nearby hospital ER. The radiologist provided a written
description and a CD with the pictures to the attending doc in ER. She inserted the CD and showed me
what she thought were fractures. She thought one 'L' shaped fracture was two smaller fractures. I'll
see if I can post a picture of the X-ray just for the hell of it. The second pic is a crop showing
just the fracture. Imagine an 'L' tilted clockwise about 20 degrees.

We'll see if this works.