Default Yo Bill...to take the heat off

On Fri, 22 Sep 2017 21:28:26 -0400, Alex wrote:

True North wrote:
On Thursday, 21 September 2017 21:35:48 UTC-3, Alex wrote:
True North wrote:
On Wednesday, 20 September 2017 02:27:49 UTC-3, wrote:
On Tue, 19 Sep 2017 23:41:58 -0400,
wrote:

On Tue, 19 Sep 2017 21:26:52 -0400,
wrote:

I never had a problem climbing onto a roof but, for years, I had
trouble getting back on the ladder to get down.
===

What helps me is to extend the ladder 4 or 5 feet above the roof line
so you've got something to grab onto before you get to the edge.

Now that I have the trick down, it is just as easy for me to have
about 1 rung above the roof line and I go directly over it. I got used
to the drill when I was only going up one story above my deck in
Maryland.
Before that it was a 2 story with a 4' basement wall below that and it
was just spooky on a cheap 3 piece extension ladder, 20 some feet up.
Oh yeah...I also have good quality 2 piece Grade 1 extension ladders. The 36 footer is getting a bit heavy to handle at 80 pounds.
Let your wife set it up for you.

She did assist me up to the last paint job. She would anchor the ladder's feet while I walked it up to a vertical position and she'd help me turn it to face the wall. On occasion she'd support the ladder when I was up working between the 20 and 26 foot level...then I caught her not doing her job. She complained that it was "boring".

Watching for your safety would be boring. She sounds like a solid woman.

Krause and White, the K&W twins, will turn that into some kind of ugly comment about Don's wife.

wrote:

[...]

Why would my safety be boring? I would think attending to my needs if I fell off a ladder would be worse...eh, Johnny?

wrote:

[...]

Who said your safety was boring?

What needs?

Attending to your needs would be worse than what?

Why are you asking me questions? Alex made the nice comment about your wife. Thank him instead.

wrote:

[...]

You "caught her not doing her job", eh? Think she was not bored to
death? I feel sorry for here on several levels.

wrote:

[...]

You "feel sorry for here", do y'all ditzy?
Well, since y'all are one sorry ditz, I guess that's to be expected.

wrote:

I never had a problem climbing onto a roof but, for years, I had
trouble getting back on the ladder to get down.
==
[...]

You comment on typos? Hilarious!!

wrote:

[...]

How was Mass today, Don White? Hope you're having a great Sunday.

wrote:

[...]

This is amusing...a pseudo Christian pretending to be interested in Sunday activities.

Where's The Heat? Red Cruising 8 March 22nd 08 05:11 AM
Heat/NE Thom Stewart ASA 3 July 17th 06 04:15 PM
Boat Heat Matt General 1 March 5th 05 03:10 PM
"When the heat got on..." NOYB General 255 January 20th 05 06:24 PM
Let there be heat! Gould 0738 General 4 November 29th 04 01:41 AM